Termites cause billions of dollars in damage each year to homes across the U.S.
Theyre a nuisance to your health, your house, and your property value and getting rid of these pesky invaders is harder than it seems. In fact, termite treatment is one of the most-requested professional pest services in the country and in many cases, homeowners could have saved themselves time and money by turning to professionals first.
If youve noticed termites or signs of damage in your home, what should you do? And how does termite treatment work?
The first step in treating a termite issue is first identifying the problem and figuring out which type of termites youre dealing with. There are three primary types of termites in the U.S.:
Subterranean termites are commonly found in homes and they burrow in from underground.Drywood termites live in colder climates, fly in swarms, and eat any dry wood source they can find.Dampwood termites only eat moist wood so theyre more often found outdoors than inside homes.
Signs of a termite infestation typically include finding wood shavings, noticing small holes in walls or framing, and even seeing skeletons or wing remnants of termites in your property. The bad news is, by the time you see evidence of termites the infestation is often way out of hand.
If you wish to try and treat your termite problem without professional intervention you should realize youre taking a big risk. Termites are master hiders and its often difficult to fully eradicate them without careful, consistent treatment. Many hardware stores sell over-the-counter termite bait stations and sprays, all of which have varying degrees of effectiveness.
Professional termite experts provide the best chance at nipping your infestation in the bud. Theyre trained to find exactly where colonies are based, identify the queen, and even in the intricacies of construction that may invite colonization. There are several different termite treatment methods used regularly among pest professionals.
Bait systems are designed to lure termitesawayfrom your property with a control agent thats meant to kill off the colony. The bait stations are placed around your property and the agent is carried back to the nest by worker termites who believe it to be food. This method is often used when a moderate termite infestation has already been detected in the home.
From a preventative standpoint, liquid and/or foam applications often make the most sense. An exterminator treats the perimeter of your home with a liquid or foaming control agent which kills termites on contact, stopping them from ever entering your property in the first place. Its particularly effective at controlling subterranean termite infestations.
In cases of serious termite infestation, particularly when drywood termites are involved, fumigation (or tenting) may be necessary to fully rid your home of pests. Since drywood termites can live in furniture, walls, and even your attic, exterminators may need to tent your entire property then use a fumigant that penetrates all wood surfaces in the home, killing all pests. These treatments are specially designed to leave no residue behind, but theyre often the most inconvenient.
Though these are the most common types of professional termite treatment, other methods may be employed in particularly tricky situations.
Your termite professional can talk you through the best choice for your home and help you decide which treatments right for your family. One things for sure: the sooner you deal with termites, the less damage and hassle youll have to deal with later. One in thirty U.S. homes is infested with termiteseach year. Dont let yours be one of them.
See original here:
How Termite Treatment Works Exterminator
- Afraid Of Rodents And Bugs? 2021 May Not Be Your Year - Yahoo Finance - January 10th, 2021
- The Best Termite Treatment For Pest Control - Bob Vila - October 9th, 2020
- The 10 Best Termite And Pest Control Companies Near Me - September 12th, 2020
- Termite Extermination Problem Solved Pest Control - September 12th, 2020
- How to Get Rid of Flying Ants in Your Home, According to Pest Experts - Prevention.com - August 19th, 2020
- The 10 Best Termite Exterminators in Brooklyn (with Free ... - August 10th, 2020
- How to Get Rid of Termites - The Home Depot - August 10th, 2020
- Alexandria Pest Control & Termite Treatment | Exterminator ... - July 12th, 2020
- This Is the Most Termite-Infested City in America - Reader's Digest - July 8th, 2020
- Exterminator For Termites | Your Pest Control Experts For ... - July 1st, 2020
- The Best Termite Exterminators Near Me (with Free Estimates) - May 31st, 2020
- Exterminating Termites | HowStuffWorks - March 15th, 2020
- 5 Things Exterminators Check During Termite Inspections ... - March 15th, 2020
- Types of Home Inspections Buyers Should Know - NerdWallet - March 10th, 2020
- 4 Signs of a Possible Termite Infestation - Time Bulletin - February 19th, 2020
- 5 Natural Pest Control Options That Work | Wellness Mama - October 28th, 2019
- Atlas Pest Control OKC | Exterminator | Termite Control - October 20th, 2019
- Flying termites - Identification and prevention | Western ... - October 7th, 2019
- Bedbugs - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic - October 4th, 2019
- Exterminator How to Get Rid of Termites - May 23rd, 2019
- Marietta GA Exterminator, Pest Control & Termite Inspector - May 21st, 2019
- Pest Control Perth | Allpest - May 19th, 2019
- Termite Control - The Home Depot - May 13th, 2019
- Everything You Should Know About Flying Termites | Western ... - April 26th, 2019
- Termites: Types, Facts & How to Identify Them - 15% Off ... - April 24th, 2019
- Pest Control Company in Blue Ridge, GA | Exterminator - April 9th, 2019
- Termite and Pest Control Lafayette, LA - J&J Exterminating - March 28th, 2019
- U.S. Pest Control - Official Site - March 10th, 2019
- Top 6 Best Termite Treatments | Updated for 2019 | NYC ... - March 10th, 2019
- Termites: How to Identify and Control Them | Pest Control ... - March 10th, 2019
- Pest Control Pennsylvania | Bed Bug, Exterminator ... - March 10th, 2019
- Preferred Termite and Pest Control Pennsville NJ Exterminator - February 26th, 2019
- St Petersburg Pest Control Services - Tampa, Naples and Ft ... - January 29th, 2019
- Mooresville Pest Control | Termites & Ants Local ... - November 28th, 2018
- Truly Nolen Pest Control, Termite Control & Exterminator - November 28th, 2018
- Pest Control & Exterminators For Bed Bugs, Termites, Bees ... - October 16th, 2018
- Pest Control OKC - Exterminator OK | (405) 622-5999 ... - October 16th, 2018
- Termite Exterminator - Pasadena Pest Control Pros - October 3rd, 2018
- Downey Termite Exterminator - Olathe Pest Control Pros - October 3rd, 2018
- Athens Termite Exterminator - Athens Pest Control Pros - October 3rd, 2018
- League City Termite Exterminator - League City Pest ... - September 29th, 2018
- Clermont Termite Exterminator - Clermont Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Bellevue Termite Exterminator - Bellevue Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Mansfield Termite Exterminator - Mansfield Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Abilene Termite Exterminator - Abilene Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Coppell Termite Exterminator - Coppell Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Renton Termite Exterminator - Renton Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Southlake Termite Exterminator - Southlake Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Irving Termite Exterminator - Irving Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Termite Control Products | Termite Sprays & Baits | Fast ... - September 7th, 2018
- Rapid Pest Control Atlanta | Termites, Ants, Rats, All ... - July 1st, 2018
- Termite Control Company Phoenix, AZ | Blue Sky Pest - July 1st, 2018
- Termites - Manhasset Pest Control and Exterminator - June 6th, 2018
- Termites In Memphis Tn | Termite Exterminator - May 29th, 2018
- Pest Control: Termites at The Home Depot - May 23rd, 2018
- The Best Termite Control & Prevention Services - May 19th, 2018
- Termite Pictures: Photo Gallery with Images - April 1st, 2018
- NJ Pest Control | Serving Morristown NJ - February 7th, 2018
- Exterminator's Of Bugs & Termites - Fumigation Worx - Pest ... - December 2nd, 2017
- Termite Extermination | Termite Control - November 30th, 2017
- Arizona Pest Control | Tucson Termite Control Experts - November 21st, 2017
- Termite Control Products - Termite Treatment | Do My Own ... - November 21st, 2017
- Drywood Termites: Control & Identification - Orkin.com - October 25th, 2017
- Commissioners scratch for answer to bed bug problem - Salina Journal - September 8th, 2017
- Pest Control Services Market to Record an Exponential CAGR of 5.4% by 2026 - LANews By Abhishek Budholiya (press release) (blog) - September 8th, 2017
- Condo Smarts: Act fast to rid strata of pests - Times Colonist - August 30th, 2017
- Indy ranks eighth-worst for bed bugs - Fox 59 - August 25th, 2017
- Arrow Exterminators Announces 2017 Internal Scholarship Contest Winners - PCT Magazine - August 20th, 2017
- By 2026, Pest Control Services market will cross more than US$ 22 ... - Finance Wire - August 18th, 2017
- One of country's largest pest control companies, based in Reading ... - Lehigh Valley Business - August 2nd, 2017
- Have mice in your Lake Tahoe home? You're not alone! | South ... - South Tahoe Now - August 2nd, 2017
- Intensive Pest Control Service Offers Free Termite Inspections In Long Beach - Digital Journal - July 31st, 2017
- Berries, bugs and boogers - Lewistown Sentinel - July 2nd, 2017
- Pest Control Services Market to Grow at a CAGR of 5.4% in Term of Value by 2026 - LANews By Abhishek Budholiya (press release) (blog) - June 22nd, 2017
- Suspect in Big Blue Bug vandalism surrenders | WJAR - Turn to 10 - June 21st, 2017
- Exterminator tenting will close City Hall and Lightner - Historic City News - June 18th, 2017
- Veteran musicians join forces to open Festival Jam 2017 - Salina Journal (subscription) - June 8th, 2017
- Kalamazoo Pest Control Pros in Michigan Launches New Website ... - Digital Journal - June 6th, 2017
- Termite Control Orange County - Good Herald - June 4th, 2017
- Arrow Exterminators Acquires Gary's Quality Pest Control - PCT Magazine - June 2nd, 2017