Termites cause billions of dollars in damage each year to homes across the U.S.
Theyre a nuisance to your health, your house, and your property value and getting rid of these pesky invaders is harder than it seems. In fact, termite treatment is one of the most-requested professional pest services in the country and in many cases, homeowners could have saved themselves time and money by turning to professionals first.
If youve noticed termites or signs of damage in your home, what should you do? And how does termite treatment work?
The first step in treating a termite issue is first identifying the problem and figuring out which type of termites youre dealing with. There are three primary types of termites in the U.S.:
Subterranean termites are commonly found in homes and they burrow in from underground.Drywood termites live in colder climates, fly in swarms, and eat any dry wood source they can find.Dampwood termites only eat moist wood so theyre more often found outdoors than inside homes.
Signs of a termite infestation typically include finding wood shavings, noticing small holes in walls or framing, and even seeing skeletons or wing remnants of termites in your property. The bad news is, by the time you see evidence of termites the infestation is often way out of hand.
If you wish to try and treat your termite problem without professional intervention you should realize youre taking a big risk. Termites are master hiders and its often difficult to fully eradicate them without careful, consistent treatment. Many hardware stores sell over-the-counter termite bait stations and sprays, all of which have varying degrees of effectiveness.
Professional termite experts provide the best chance at nipping your infestation in the bud. Theyre trained to find exactly where colonies are based, identify the queen, and even in the intricacies of construction that may invite colonization. There are several different termite treatment methods used regularly among pest professionals.
Bait systems are designed to lure termitesawayfrom your property with a control agent thats meant to kill off the colony. The bait stations are placed around your property and the agent is carried back to the nest by worker termites who believe it to be food. This method is often used when a moderate termite infestation has already been detected in the home.
From a preventative standpoint, liquid and/or foam applications often make the most sense. An exterminator treats the perimeter of your home with a liquid or foaming control agent which kills termites on contact, stopping them from ever entering your property in the first place. Its particularly effective at controlling subterranean termite infestations.
In cases of serious termite infestation, particularly when drywood termites are involved, fumigation (or tenting) may be necessary to fully rid your home of pests. Since drywood termites can live in furniture, walls, and even your attic, exterminators may need to tent your entire property then use a fumigant that penetrates all wood surfaces in the home, killing all pests. These treatments are specially designed to leave no residue behind, but theyre often the most inconvenient.
Though these are the most common types of professional termite treatment, other methods may be employed in particularly tricky situations.
Your termite professional can talk you through the best choice for your home and help you decide which treatments right for your family. One things for sure: the sooner you deal with termites, the less damage and hassle youll have to deal with later. One in thirty U.S. homes is infested with termiteseach year. Dont let yours be one of them.
See original here:
How Termite Treatment Works Exterminator
- Signs That You Have a Termite Problem - Westside Today - May 13th, 2021
- Termite Extermination Problem Solved Pest Control - September 12th, 2020
- The 10 Best Termite Exterminators in Brooklyn (with Free ... - August 10th, 2020
- Alexandria Pest Control & Termite Treatment | Exterminator ... - July 12th, 2020
- Exterminator For Termites | Your Pest Control Experts For ... - July 1st, 2020
- The Best Termite Exterminators Near Me (with Free Estimates) - May 31st, 2020
- 5 Things Exterminators Check During Termite Inspections ... - March 15th, 2020
- Atlas Pest Control OKC | Exterminator | Termite Control - October 20th, 2019
- Exterminator How to Get Rid of Termites - May 23rd, 2019
- Marietta GA Exterminator, Pest Control & Termite Inspector - May 21st, 2019
- Pest Control Company in Blue Ridge, GA | Exterminator - April 9th, 2019
- Pest Control Pennsylvania | Bed Bug, Exterminator ... - March 10th, 2019
- Preferred Termite and Pest Control Pennsville NJ Exterminator - February 26th, 2019
- Truly Nolen Pest Control, Termite Control & Exterminator - November 28th, 2018
- Pest Control & Exterminators For Bed Bugs, Termites, Bees ... - October 16th, 2018
- Pest Control OKC - Exterminator OK | (405) 622-5999 ... - October 16th, 2018
- Termite Exterminator - Pasadena Pest Control Pros - October 3rd, 2018
- Downey Termite Exterminator - Olathe Pest Control Pros - October 3rd, 2018
- Athens Termite Exterminator - Athens Pest Control Pros - October 3rd, 2018
- League City Termite Exterminator - League City Pest ... - September 29th, 2018
- Clermont Termite Exterminator - Clermont Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Bellevue Termite Exterminator - Bellevue Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Mansfield Termite Exterminator - Mansfield Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Abilene Termite Exterminator - Abilene Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Coppell Termite Exterminator - Coppell Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Renton Termite Exterminator - Renton Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Southlake Termite Exterminator - Southlake Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Irving Termite Exterminator - Irving Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Termites - Manhasset Pest Control and Exterminator - June 6th, 2018
- Termites In Memphis Tn | Termite Exterminator - May 29th, 2018
- Exterminator's Of Bugs & Termites - Fumigation Worx - Pest ... - December 2nd, 2017
- Termite Extermination | Termite Control - November 30th, 2017
- Arrow Exterminators Announces 2017 Internal Scholarship Contest Winners - PCT Magazine - August 20th, 2017
- Exterminator tenting will close City Hall and Lightner - Historic City News - June 18th, 2017
- Arrow Exterminators Acquires Gary's Quality Pest Control - PCT Magazine - June 2nd, 2017
- Exterminators seeing more termites, 'swarmers' pop up from fluctuating weather - KTUL - May 4th, 2017
- Termite Swarms - Ask The Exterminator - May 1st, 2017
- Exterminator Hurt running unopposed for Council Place 4 - ReporterNews.com - April 23rd, 2017
- Australian exterminator stumbles upon big, beautiful spider family just hanging out doing their thing - Death and Taxes - March 14th, 2017
- WATCH: Queensland exterminator finds huge huntsman, 100 ... - Yahoo7 News - March 12th, 2017
- Tucson Exterminator - Pest Control, Termites, Bees, Weed, etc. - March 12th, 2017
- Arrow Exterminators Acquires Exterm-A-Tech - PCT Magazine - March 10th, 2017
- Arrow Exterminators Announces Termidor HP Treatments - PR Newswire (press release) - March 7th, 2017
- Mississippi, Alabama Exterminator - Havard Pest Control ... - December 7th, 2016
- Termites Control Harford County ... - Atlas Exterminator - September 23rd, 2016
- Termite Control | Western Exterminator - October 20th, 2015
- Signs of Termites - Ask The Exterminator - September 25th, 2015
- Long Island Termite Exterminator, Suffolk County termite ... - September 25th, 2015
- Termite Control and Identification and Extermination ... - June 13th, 2015
- Termite Exterminators | TERMITE101.COM - June 1st, 2015
- Western Exterminator | Termite Control - June 1st, 2015
- Termites Exterminator & Pest Control - June 1st, 2015
- Termite Control Phoenix Pest Exterminators - May 31st, 2015
- Termite.com Termites USA Pest Control Exterminators - May 19th, 2015
- Pest Control Service, Termite Exterminator in Grand Rapids MI 49506 - Video - July 5th, 2013
- Battery Park NYC Pest Control 347-875-3447 Battery Park Exterminator for all kinds of Pests - Video - November 1st, 2012
- Rousselle Exterminators - Exterminator in Pico Rivera, CA - Video - November 1st, 2012
- Pest Control Company | Exterminator, Termites - November 1st, 2012
- Exterminator Harlem NY 646-568-6204 Harlem Manhattan NY, Pest Control, Natural Pesticides - Video - November 1st, 2012
- Exterminator in Lynbrook, NY - All Island Pest Control - Video - November 1st, 2012
- Exterminator in Van Nuys, CA - Budget Termite Control, Inc. - Video - November 1st, 2012
- Termite-Sniffing Pooch Assists OKC Exterminator - May 7th, 2012
- Termite Exterminators - San Jose,CA - Video - March 17th, 2012
- Termite Control Interview on TV - Atom Exterminators Cyprus - Video - March 17th, 2012
- Truly Nolen Pest Control Commercial 2012. Good Citizens, Ruthless Exterminators. - Video - March 17th, 2012
- Exterminators New Jersey Amco Pest Services, Inc. - Video - March 16th, 2012
- Houston Pest Management . Call (713) 956-7822 . Professional Houston Exterminators - Video - March 16th, 2012
- Stock Exterminators | Pest Control in Escondido, CA - Video - February 10th, 2012
- Orange Exterminators on Best Deals TV Show - Video - January 3rd, 2012
- Let's Play Banjo-Kazooie 100% [Part 3] Termites galore! We need an exterminator! - Video - December 19th, 2011
- Exterminator, Termites in Plano TX 75075 - Video - October 17th, 2011
- Exterminators Hurst TX Metro Guard Termite - October 16th, 2011
- Atlanta Termite Protection Arrow Exterminators.wmv - Video - October 14th, 2011
- Exterminators Rockledge FL Price Termite - July 8th, 2011
- New Jersey Pest Control : Bedbug, Ants, Bees, Termite, Mice, Fleas Exterminator - June 22nd, 2011