Spider... just the word makes most of us shiver! Arachnophobia, or the fear of spiders, has been listed as one of the top five phobias for decades. But of the 37,500 species of spiders worldwide only two groups are considered poisonous to humans in the U.S. - the recluse and widow spiders. Tarantulas, jumping spiders, orb weavers and wolf spiders are but a few of the many species that can be found in and around your home.
Spiders have eight legs, round bodies and range from very small sizes to several inches in length. Their bodies do not have segments, and their heads are fused to their abdomens. All spiders have fangs to inject venom, and most spin webs to capture prey.
Most spiders feed on insects. This makes them beneficial in helping to manage pests in gardens, fields, forests and homes, but they are unwelcome houseguests.
It is important to be familiar with what poisonous spiders look like and how they act. Both black widow spiders and brown recluse spiders have venom that is dangerous to humans, and females are known to be aggressive and bite in defense. If you are bitten, seek a medical professional for treatment.
Black widow spiders get their name from the popular belief that the female spiders eat males after mating, although this rarely happens. They can be identified by their shiny black bodies, which include a bright red, hourglass-shaped marking on the underside of their abdomen. They range from 1 to 1 inches in length, and can be found throughout the U.S.
Brown recluse spiders are known for the brown violin marking on their backs, and they range in color from light brown to dark brown. With eight legs, they have round bodies and are typically to inch long. They can be found in the central Midwest, from Ohio to Nebraska, and in the south from Texas to Georgia.
To help keep spiders from entering your home, be sure to regularly remove spider webs, seal cracks and crevices, eliminate harborage areas and improve ventilation in attics and crawlspaces.
If your spider situation gets out of control contact the nearest HomeTeam Pest Defense branch to schedule an inspection around the perimeter of your home.
Follow this link:
Spiders Exterminator & Pest Control
- Freaky Spiders That Would Shock Even A Bug Exterminator - November 4th, 2019
- What you never knew about grass spiders | Western Exterminator - October 6th, 2019
- Spider Extermination In NJ & NY - Horizon Pest Control - September 13th, 2019
- Spider Exterminator | Spider Removal | Environmentaly Safe ... - September 12th, 2019
- Signs of a Spider Infestation | Western Exterminator - September 12th, 2019
- Common Types of California Spiders | Western Exterminator - September 10th, 2019
- 2019 Average Exterminator Cost - Thumbtack - September 10th, 2019
- Spider control | Western Exterminator - September 8th, 2019
- Spider Exterminator, Pest Spider Control - May 24th, 2019
- Terminix Termite & Pest Control Orlando Exterminators ... - February 10th, 2019
- Spiders | Pest Control and Bug Exterminator Blog - January 15th, 2019
- How Much Do Spider Exterminators Cost? (A Simply Guide ... - November 19th, 2018
- Exterminator Spiders - November 4th, 2018
- Secaucus NJ Pest Control | Exterminators In Secaucus - March 18th, 2018
- Pest Control | Exterminator | Salt Lake City ... - Bug Busters - February 11th, 2018
- Welcome to Eagle Exterminating Co, providing exterminator ... - September 2nd, 2017
- Pest-X Pest Control & Exterminator | Winston-Salem ... - May 20th, 2017
- Columbus Exterminator - Pest Control of Columbus | (614 ... - January 20th, 2017
- Advanced Exterminator - SPIDERS, spider control, spider ... - November 16th, 2016
- Spider | Exterminator | Pest Control | Integrated Pest ... - October 29th, 2015
- Tiger Termite: Local Pest Control and Exterminator - October 29th, 2015
- How to Get Rid of Spiders - Pest Control | Pest Exterminator - October 25th, 2015
- Crab Spiders - Ask The Exterminator - October 12th, 2015
- Daddy Long Legs - Ask The Exterminator - October 4th, 2015
- Spider Extermination - June 1st, 2015
- How to Get Rid of Spiders in the House - Pest Exterminator - June 1st, 2015
- How much does it cost to get an exterminator for spiders? - May 19th, 2015
- Ask the Exterminator Yellow Sac Spider - May 19th, 2015
- Spider Superstitions - Ask The Exterminator - May 19th, 2015
- Necklace missing after spider story gets ‘exterminators’ into apartment - October 10th, 2012
- Jeremy The Exterminator II: Rise of the Spiders - Video - March 17th, 2012
- Roach Exterminator whittier, 213-928-7721, diamond bar bed bugs, mice , ant removal - Video - February 9th, 2012
- Let's Play Skyrim #5 Exterminator - Video - January 28th, 2012
- [9BG] Skyrim - Brandon, master exterminator - Video - January 28th, 2012
- SOS Pest Control Santa Clara County Exterminators - Video - January 28th, 2012
- Exterminator in NY Pest Control Bed Bug Treatment - Video - January 19th, 2012
- Thief 2: Spider Exterminator - Video - December 6th, 2011
- The Black Desert Saga Ep. 13 - Spider Exterminator - Video - November 21st, 2011
- The Exterminator - Video - November 19th, 2011
- Maggie, spider exterminator - Video - November 6th, 2011
- Intrusion Pest Control Exterminator Rodent Removal Las Vegas - Video - October 30th, 2011
- Let's Play The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - #56. Link the Exterminator - September 29th, 2011
- SA Pest Exterminators commercial - September 22nd, 2011
- Fraxy Boss Fight: SPIDER vs Exterminator - June 29th, 2011
- Kill Spider Pest Control Exterminator Haskell NJ - June 2nd, 2011
- Tennessee Spider Control Arrow Exterminators.wmv - May 31st, 2011
- Justice AKA Billy the Exterminator Episode 3: Spider Infestation - May 23rd, 2011