I dont know if youre the type to make New Years resolutions, or if you just give up because you think they are doomed to failure. Last year, I committed to gaining weight and, guess what? I achieved this goal! I also made a commitment not to crush fitness nuts in the parking lot of the gymnasium, and I also succeeded! So I feel like Im on a roll. Heres what I promise for 2020:
I will check on my aggravation when my friend texts me for the 1000th time that she is an hour late because the traffic is bad, because, apparently, despite 30 years in southern California, she has not yet discovered that rush hour traffic is always requires extra time.
Im going to stop procrastinating. Soon. I will soon stop procrastinating.
The next time I see a big spider web on the ceiling above my bed, I wont spend an hour a day looking for the spider that made it, thinking that maybe I should Something. Im going to get up from my chair, take the broom and remove it. And I wont think about how maybe the spider just fell on my bed and is now taking revenge on it. Sometimes I think most of the spiders in the world have moved into my home because they all tweeted that this lady was too lazy to rip their webs.
I will not shout and curse bad drivers on the highway just because they annoy me. OK, Im lying. I go. But I hope not.
Ill buy a special fly swatter just to hit my adult children on the head every time they make ridiculous statements like, It wasnt me who spilled the sugar on the ground that has now attracted 10,000 ants . I think it will be more effective than just rolling your eyes and grabbing them.
The next time I pay my last heartache to a friend during a meal and they pick up the phone and start checking their email, I wont take the phone from their hand or throw it into the ravine below us.
I will bite my tongue more often. I am no longer invited to a certain friends house because, during a vacation dinner that she rushed from the kitchen to the dining room to serve, her husband seated royally on her throne asked her announced that their son had made a mess and she should come and clean it up. I looked at him and said in front of everyone, Is your arm broken? He did not respond, but it was the last vacation dinner I have ever eaten at their home.
When I am faced with a box of donuts, I will just walk past and feel morally superior to everyone, and I will absolutely not back down and stack five glazes on my plate when no one is watching.
As for donuts, I will not keep hatred in my heart for people who ostensibly cut a donut in half and then go away with it. I wont think of stabbing them with the knife they just used, at least not before I see them do it again.
Im going to get rid of Marcel Prousts Souvenir des Choses Passes box that I keep prominently on my library so that people will think that I am an intellectual, and just admit that I will never read it. It has been around for 25 years, I think I can safely give it away at this point.
I will stop being mortified every time I have to give the key of my old drummer to a valet in a hotel or a chic restaurant, where I always feel that I should apologize for the fact that his hindquarters will have to sit in it. I will not go into a long explanation of why I drive such a big piece of junk food when I am obviously an elegant and sophisticated person.
As I work at home, this year I am going to get out of my pajamas every day at noon, so I am not spoiled by the exterminator who shows up at 3 p.m. and Im still in my robe.
Im not going to call and pretend to be sick so I can get out of my training appointment with my personal trainer.
When I really need to fall asleep, Im not going to lie to myself that its OK to watch just one more episode on Netflix.
Im going to stop pretending that I liked Game of Thrones.
Instead of another travel guide, Im going to read one of the many bright and clever tomes my friends seem to think will interest me because they think Im more interesting than I actually am.
Hows that for a list? What did I omit?
- Kill It With Fire brings its spider-slaying action to PC in August - Critical Hit - July 14th, 2020
- Kill It With Fire Receives A Launch Date From TinyBuild - Bleeding Cool News - July 13th, 2020
- Brown recluse spiders, a blown-out back and the grace of God - messenger-inquirer - July 4th, 2020
- Kill It With Fire Full Version Free Download Game - OnFront Media - June 24th, 2020
- First-Person Action Kill It With Fire Is All About Hunting Spiders - Softpedia News - May 9th, 2020
- Never-Used Wapato Jail Has Found Its 1st Tenant - OPB News - May 9th, 2020
- How to Get Rid of Spiders in Your House, According to Bug Experts - Prevention.com - May 1st, 2020
- How to Get Rid of Spiders Naturally and KEEP them Away for ... - March 10th, 2020
- Consider the benefits of roaches - NWAOnline - March 9th, 2020
- Guide to Getting Rid of Spiders Around Your Home - HomeAdvisor - February 25th, 2020
- 12 Horror Movies From The '90s That Terrorized Our Childhoods - CinemaBlend - January 7th, 2020
- How to Beat the Albino Wyyyschokk in Jedi Fallen Order - Heavy.com - November 17th, 2019
- Freaky Spiders That Would Shock Even A Bug Exterminator - November 4th, 2019
- What you never knew about grass spiders | Western Exterminator - October 6th, 2019
- Spider Extermination In NJ & NY - Horizon Pest Control - September 13th, 2019
- Spiders Common To New Jersey - ChemTec Pest Control - September 13th, 2019
- Spider Exterminator | Spider Removal | Environmentaly Safe ... - September 12th, 2019
- Signs of a Spider Infestation | Western Exterminator - September 12th, 2019
- Common Types of California Spiders | Western Exterminator - September 10th, 2019
- 2019 Average Exterminator Cost - Thumbtack - September 10th, 2019
- Spiders - Ehrlich Pest Control | Your Local Pest Control ... - September 10th, 2019
- Spider control | Western Exterminator - September 8th, 2019
- Spider Exterminator, Pest Spider Control - May 24th, 2019
- Spiders | Pest Control of Garden Grove - March 17th, 2019
- Terminix Termite & Pest Control Orlando Exterminators ... - February 10th, 2019
- Affordable Pest Control in New Jersey - February 7th, 2019
- Get Pest Control in Los Angeles | Greenleaf Pest - February 4th, 2019
- Spiders | Pest Control and Bug Exterminator Blog - January 15th, 2019
- How Much Do Spider Exterminators Cost? (A Simply Guide ... - November 19th, 2018
- Exterminator Spiders - November 4th, 2018
- Spiders - How To Kill and Get Rid of Spiders - October 11th, 2018
- Westminster Spider Control - Westminster Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Victoria Spider Control - Victoria Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Burbank Spider Control - Burbank Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Elizabeth Spider Control - Elizabeth Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Allen Spider Control - Allen Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Bellevue Spider Control - Bellevue Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Mansfield Spider Control - Mansfield Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Secaucus NJ Pest Control | Exterminators In Secaucus - March 18th, 2018
- How Much Does Orkin Spider Control Cost? ATOM - March 12th, 2018
- Spiders | Pest Control Exterminate - March 12th, 2018
- What Can You Spray in Your Yard to Get Rid of Spiders ... - March 8th, 2018
- Wolf Spider Control, Pest Control - February 14th, 2018
- Pest Control | Exterminator | Salt Lake City ... - Bug Busters - February 11th, 2018
- Spider Control: How to Get Rid of Spiders ... - pestworld.org - January 31st, 2018
- Spider Killer - Insecticide Spray, Repellent Traps, Poison ... - November 22nd, 2017
- Spider Control: How to Get Rid of Spiders in the House ... - October 15th, 2017
- Sprout's Pest Control uses essential oils - not pesticides - to battle bugs - Chattanooga Times Free Press - September 6th, 2017
- Welcome to Eagle Exterminating Co, providing exterminator ... - September 2nd, 2017
- Berwick Pest, Ant, Spider & Termite Control | Safe & Reliable - August 28th, 2017
- Tarantula Scares Family in Second Sighting in Days in San Diego Suburb - NBC Connecticut - August 11th, 2017
- Terrifying 'half-spider, half-SCORPION' creature that eats BIRDS filmed inside family home - Daily Star - August 6th, 2017
- LOOK: Freaky spider-scorpion found in man's house - MyPalmBeachPost - August 6th, 2017
- Tarantula Scares Family in Second Sighting in Days in San Diego Suburb - NBC4 Washington - August 5th, 2017
- Terrifying creature from hell with huge pincers like a SCORPION is found in family home but what on earth is it? - The Sun - August 5th, 2017
- Man finds bizarre bug that appears to be part spider, part scorpion - WSB Atlanta - August 5th, 2017
- Creepy creature a mix between spider, scorpion; native to Arizona ... - ABC15 Arizona - August 2nd, 2017
- How do you get rid of those darn ants? Statesman readers share their tips - Idaho Statesman - August 1st, 2017
- Philadelphia train station has a spider infestation - KNSS - July 31st, 2017
- How to get rid of Arizona scorpions, spiders and Africanized bees - KTAR.com - June 24th, 2017
- Their child was bitten by a black widow spider, here's what they want other parents to know - SCNow - June 22nd, 2017
- Spiders are just like cats: they too like chasing laser pointers - ZME Science - June 19th, 2017
- How to avoid poisonous spiders in your home - wwlp.com - June 16th, 2017
- 5-year-old bitten by a black widow spider is recovering - The Boston Globe - June 16th, 2017
- Their child was bitten by a black widow spider. Here's what they want other parents to know. - Washington Post - June 13th, 2017
- Brown recluse spiders come out of hiding in summer - WWSB ABC 7 - June 12th, 2017
- Tiny Jumping Spiders Can See the Moon - The Atlantic - June 6th, 2017
- Pest-X Pest Control & Exterminator | Winston-Salem ... - May 20th, 2017
- Mark Schofield's Check with Me April, 21 2017: Ranking the Top QBs in the 2017 NFL Draft - Inside the Pylon - April 21st, 2017
- Those creepy crawlies really bug me but will always be there - Ponoka News - March 23rd, 2017
- Get Rid Of Spiders | Kill Spiders - March 5th, 2017
- Columbus Exterminator - Pest Control of Columbus | (614 ... - January 20th, 2017
- Advanced Exterminator - SPIDERS, spider control, spider ... - November 16th, 2016
- Spiders and Crawling Insects - Smithtown Pest Control and ... - November 16th, 2016
- Spider Control - Do My Own Pest Control - September 16th, 2016
- Spider | Exterminator | Pest Control | Integrated Pest ... - October 29th, 2015
- Tiger Termite: Local Pest Control and Exterminator - October 29th, 2015
- How to Get Rid of Spiders - Pest Control | Pest Exterminator - October 25th, 2015
- How To Get Rid Of Spiders In Your Home Housewife How-To's - October 17th, 2015
- Crab Spiders - Ask The Exterminator - October 12th, 2015