Now, there are a couple of methods that work well for killing off roachesbut you should know that the roaches will always return over time unless you eliminate the root of the problem: the nest itself.
Getting to the nest or even finding it is, in most cases, impossible because roaches will often set it up in wall crevices, floor cracks and other areas that are extremely hard to reach.
Because of that, youll find that the ideal way to completely get rid ofthe roaches in your house is to use some type of poison that the roaches can carry back to their nest and infect the rest of the population.
More on that in a bit. With that said, here are some of the best ways to kill roaches, along with their effectiveness:
Much to my dismay, Ive tried out plenty of the so called homemade recipes that my neighbors and relatives have suggested only to find out that they simply didnt work at all. Cucumber peels, herbal leaves, lemons, citrus liquids. NONE of them worked.
I have planned on calling up exterminators only as a last resort because I know theyd be expensive until I read about this particular product by Advion (details down below), which supposedly has raving reviews about its effectiveness. After spending hours just reading through most of the reviews about how its supposedly the best roach killer ever, I got really excited, ordered it online, paid a little extra for expedited shipping and I received it the very next day. This was how that eventful week progressed:
Day 1: After I got home from work at about 8 p.m., I was pleased to find that my product has arrived. I proceeded immediately to apply 10 spots of the gel in my kitchen. 5 generous spots of the bait on my kitchen counter and another 5 on the floor.
3 hours later, before I went off to bed, I stopped by the kitchen to check how things were going. There were 2 fully grown roaches about which scurried away quickly when I turned on the lights and the gel seemed untouched, so I thought it didnt work.
I was furious and slightly disappointed because I had really hoped that this would be the cure to all of my roach problems after reading all the reviews. I went to sleep, vowing angrily to return the product the next day itself.
Day 2: Got up early at 7 a.m. for some breakfast before work. I walked into the kitchen and my jaw just dropped open. Strewn across the floor and counter were AT LEAST 10 dead roaches. Needless to say, I was extremely disgusted and the sight of them all just gave me goosebumps. Despite that, I was elated! This was a product that WORKED. And it only cost me $20, and considering how I have spent over $100 on expensive professional grade BS traps that Ive bought in the past, this felt like the best investment Ive ever made.
Most of the gel spots were completely gone with a couple of them left which were visibly smaller in size. I continued to apply 10 new spots of the gel and I spent the remainder of the first tube (the package comes with 4 tubes) in my bedroom, living room and bathroom. I didnt sweep away the dead roaches because Ive read that apparently the roaches will eat their own dead (eww) and theyll get poisoned from doing so too, and once they do, theyll head back to their nest and die there, only to be eaten by others. This would start a chain reaction sort of effect.
At about 7 p.m. once I got home, while walking towards the kitchen, I spotted 2 dead roaches in the living room and I knew things were going well for sure. This time, in the kitchen, there were over 20 roach corpses (in addition to the ones from the morning). The sight can be eerie or even plain terrifying so if youre scaredof roaches, get your husband or your boyfriend to do this for you. But if youre a guy like me, well, get your girlfriend or wife to do it. All kidding aside, I was extremely happy that it worked.
Days 3-7: The following days saw similar events but with reduced concentration of roach corpses with each passing day, which basically meant that the infestation was dying out slowly. About 1 1/2 weeks later, there wasnt a single roach left and the gel that Ive applied was completely untouched. Ive almost used up all 4 tubes and I ordered another kit just as a precaution, but Im happy to say that 3 months have passed and I havent spotted any roaches in my house since then. Seeing as how I would come across 4-5 roaches every single day (the total amount of roaches that are hidden out of sight are approximately 10x that figure) when the infestation was still ongoing, this was a major accomplishment for me.
Because of this personal experience of mine, Im ABSOLUTELY convinced that the fastest and best roach killer would still be poisonous roach bait since it leaves no stain, requires little effort besides sweeping away their corpses after theyre dead and most importantly, it works extremely well.
SO, WHAT PRODUCT DID YOU USE?!
I know, I know. I was just getting there! This magical product is called Advion Syngenta Cockroach Gel Bait (see below), and you can get it off Amazon for about $20-30 (it was $20 when I bought mine).
The reviews of the product are pretty much stellar and youll see why once you give it a try.
Final Word Of Advice
If you have pets though, you might want to keep them out of the house or room while you apply it because they might lick off the gel.
Its not harmful in small doses to human beings or animals since Ive seen my dog licking the paste off the floor before and he turned out perfectly fine, but you should still prevent that as much as you can just to be safe.
If youve used this product and you find it effective (you will), please take a minute and give this page a like or share it with your friends via Tweeter or whatever else is going hot these days! Id greatly appreciate it.
Good luck killing those roaches!
p.s. If you still wish to go for pest control services in your area, click here
The Best Roach Killer In 2017 How To Kill Roaches In ...
- What to Expect After a Roach Exterminator Treatment ... - September 10th, 2019
- 5 Best Ways to Get Rid Of Roaches | Terminix - September 8th, 2019
- How Much Does Cockroach Extermination Cost? | Angie's List - May 21st, 2019
- Cockroach control - Western Exterminator - May 21st, 2019
- Pest Control Columbia SC | Cayce Exterminating Company - May 20th, 2019
- Cockroach Pest Control & Extermination: Arrow Exterminators - May 4th, 2019
- How to Get Rid of Roaches without an Exterminator - April 19th, 2019
- Exterminator sprayed for roaches, how long till they die ... - April 1st, 2019
- When to call an exterminator for cockroaches? (Detailed ... - February 27th, 2019
- Exterminator Ossining NY & Westchester County Pest Control ... - February 26th, 2019
- Cockroach Control - Get Rid of Roaches - February 20th, 2019
- How to Get Rid of German Roaches Without an Exterminator - February 20th, 2019
- How To Get Rid Of Roaches Without An Exterminator 7 Home ... - February 4th, 2019
- Bed Bug Treatment Tips from a Professional Exterminator - February 2nd, 2019
- Phoenix AZ Exterminator, Pest Control & Termite Inspector - February 1st, 2019
- What Kills Cockroaches Instantly: 4 Things to Kill ... - January 25th, 2019
- Roach Exterminator NJ | Pest Control New Jersey - December 12th, 2018
- 2018 Average Cockroach Extermination Costs: How Much Does ... - November 21st, 2018
- Cost to Hire a Roach Exterminator - Estimates and Prices ... - November 15th, 2018
- Exterminator How to Get Rid of Roaches - October 2nd, 2018
- Cockroaches Control Without Exterminator - pestwiki.com - September 5th, 2018
- Cockroaches - Roach Killer, Roach Control & Extermination ... - May 26th, 2018
- My Pest Control Aurora CO - Bed Bug Exterminator Denver CO - February 14th, 2018
- How Much Does Cockroach Extermination Cost? - Networx - February 4th, 2018
- Roaches | Pest Control Company in Tampa - February 1st, 2018
- Cockroach Control - Get Rid of Roaches - Orkin.com - January 21st, 2018
- How To Get Rid of Roaches | Kill Roaches - October 17th, 2017
- Baby Roaches (Pictures): 9 Simple Ways to Get Rid of It ... - September 25th, 2017
- How to get rid of roaches - Fast and Forever ... - Stop Pest! - September 20th, 2017
- Roaches, dead and alive, shut down 4 Miami area restaurants and get 14 others cited - Miami Herald - August 28th, 2017
- Hotel promised to rehabilitate residents. Instead, they faced bedbugs, drugs, vermin. - Charlotte Observer - August 25th, 2017
- Roaches cause temporary mail suspension - WGRZ-TV - August 19th, 2017
- Readers' Vent: Aug. 17, 2017 - Charleston Gazette-Mail (subscription) - August 18th, 2017
- The difference between fearing, hating bugs - Maryville Daily Forum - August 9th, 2017
- News Center 7 investigation uncovers history of insects at Dayton restaurant - Dayton Daily News - August 5th, 2017
- Here are some pest tips - Valencia County News Bulletin - August 4th, 2017
- Jaxon Social to remain closed after more live roaches found - ActionNewsJax.com - July 31st, 2017
- Residents Question Conditions in Apartments Across Hartford | NBC ... - NBC Connecticut - July 12th, 2017
- Roaches, rodent droppings close area restaurants - Fox29 WFLX TV, West Palm Beach, FL-news & weather - wflx - July 3rd, 2017
- Every surface I look at I see bugs: Man's BMW infested with cockroaches after parking at airport - fox6now.com - July 2nd, 2017
- Falmouth restaurant ordered shut down because of cockroach infestation - Cape Cod Times (subscription) - June 29th, 2017
- Roaches crash 40-year high school class reunion in DC - W*USA 9 - June 29th, 2017
- Man Shocked To Find Cockroach Infestation In His BMW - WLWT Cincinnati - June 29th, 2017
- Area Chinese and Mexican restaurants among 30+ in Florida forced to close after health inspections - WPTV.com - June 28th, 2017
- Restaurant inspections June 26, 2017 - The Herald-Times (subscription) - June 26th, 2017
- Aurora Pest Control Pros Expand Their Service Area - Digital Journal - June 21st, 2017
- Live roach found again at Cobb eatery still passes health check - Atlanta Journal Constitution - June 15th, 2017
- HUD officials: Essex Village improvements underway - Richmond Free Press - June 9th, 2017
- Roach crawls out during interview with owner who denies insects ... - Digital Journal - June 6th, 2017
- 2 Stocks and 1 Sector We're Watching in the Second Quarter ... - Madison.com - June 6th, 2017
- In nature, cockroaches don't die belly up | TODAYonline - TODAYonline - May 30th, 2017
- PEST CONTROL KINGS IN PHILADELPHIA - Press Release ... - Digital Journal - May 26th, 2017
- Cost Effective Pest Control Program for Homes in Seattle Launched - MENAFN.COM - May 23rd, 2017
- Veteran covered in scabs, says apartment overrun with mites but property managers won't help - FOX31 Denver - May 23rd, 2017
- What's next? Having cleared out 886 abandoned houses, South Bend must decide what to do with hundreds of vacant ... - Vincennes Sun Commercial - May 19th, 2017
- Signs that your home needs a Pest Control - Punjab News Express - May 18th, 2017
- The Cost to Seattle Commercial Businesses Attacked By Cockroaches. - MENAFN.COM - May 17th, 2017
- Having cleared out abandoned homes, South Bend must decide what's next - South Bend Tribune - May 15th, 2017
- NEW: Palm Beach Skate Zone cafe, Delray bagel shop cited for roaches - MyPalmBeachPost - May 10th, 2017
- DC Sues a Florida-Based Landlord for Neglecting a Columbia Heights Building - Washington City Paper - May 4th, 2017
- ROACHES - Bengal - May 1st, 2017
- Local renters allege wrongdoing, harassment - Manchestertimes - April 30th, 2017
- FAGERLUND: Need help to stop 'bugging'? - Rio Rancho Observer - April 23rd, 2017
- Four Seasons, two other restaurants cited for live roaches - Palm Beach Daily News - April 21st, 2017
- Here's why your PS4 is a good roach motel - GameZone - April 19th, 2017
- Inspectors cite Four Seasons, Burger King, Lola's Seafood for roaches - Palm Beach Post (blog) - April 19th, 2017
- Four Seasons, Burger King, Lola's cited for live roaches - Palm Beach Post - April 18th, 2017
- 3 Ways to Kill German Roaches - wikiHow - April 12th, 2017
- 2 Bay County restaurants closed because of roach activity - Walton Sun - April 7th, 2017
- UVA residents complain about pest, mold problems, despite recent renovations - University Press - March 31st, 2017
- Keep the critters out: How to bug-proof your home - Shreveport Times - Shreveport Times - March 31st, 2017
- Seattle Pest control explains their extermination costs to commercial ... - Digital Journal - March 30th, 2017
- Lakeland Pest Control & Exterminator | (863) 279-0272 - March 29th, 2017
- Accidental therapists: For insect detectives, the trickiest cases involve the bugs that aren't really there - STAT - March 22nd, 2017
- 7 Things Every Homeowner Should Do Once a Year - Huffington Post - March 22nd, 2017
- Dead Roach Found In Food At Jerk Restaurant Horrifies Diner - DNAinfo - March 21st, 2017
- 'Superstore' Express Lane: The 6 Best Jokes in Season 2, Episode 16 - Hidden Remote - March 16th, 2017
- Cliques Bar and Grill Update- What Happened After Bar Rescue - Gazette Review - March 8th, 2017
- Improve Your Home With Pest Control and Exterminator in Oklahoma City and Edmond OK - Satellite PR News (press release) - March 7th, 2017
- Elderly displaced after severe roach, bedbug infestation - KENS5.com - March 6th, 2017