Top 9 Simple Ways to Get Rid of German Roaches Without an Exterminator
Not sure how to get rid of German roaches without an exterminator? So here is the guide youre looking for.
The German cockroach is one of the common types of roaches found in homes, hotels, and restaurants. Because these creatures can easily spread germs and bacteria that may cause diseases to humans, it is important to know the solutions on how to get rid of German roaches for good.
If your place is infested, you are more likely to see them scampering away when you open a cupboard or turn on a light. You can get rid of cockroaches naturally by using sticky traps and bait stations.
Diatomaceous earth and boric acid are also effective methods to kill roaches. For severe infestations, a combination of methods may be necessary to eliminate these pests successfully.
If your home or restaurant has an infestation, we are going to show you the best ways to get rid of German cockroaches without an exterminator.
Because cockroaches can survive without water and food for at least a week and they multiply quickly, these creatures can pose a challenge. With patience and perseverance, you will be able to enjoy a roach-free place again.
Diatomaceous earth is highly effective when it comes to killing insects, such as ants, bed bugs, fleas, and cockroaches. It is sharp enough to cut into the exoskeletons of roaches and kills these creatures right away.
This method of killing roaches will also get rid of other insects that may be present in your home. Just make sure that you wear mask and gloves when reapplying the powder.
Sprinkle only in dry areas as it needs to remain dry to penetrate into exoskeletons of roaches efficiently.
Read more: Top 5 Products You Should Use to Kill Roaches Effectively
Another efficient way to exterminate roaches from your home is to place bait composed of sugar and boric acid.
Like diatomaceous earth, boric acid also cuts the exoskeleton of cockroaches and its pesticide properties eventually kill them. It is also effective against termites and ants infestations.
Heres how to get rid of German roaches with boric acid and sugar bait.
Bear in mind that boric acid is toxic, so keep it away from children and pets.
Read more: 20 Simple Ways to Get Rid of Carpenter Ants
Cutting off their sources of living is one of the best methods to get rid of cockroaches naturally. Depending on the temperature and their size, roaches can survive several weeks without food and can only survive up to 7 days without drinking water.
Cutting off their food sources will make them more interested of baits.
Soapy water is also an effective way to kill cockroaches you see crawling on the wall and floor. This also allows you to clean the surfaces to prevent germs and harmful microorganisms from spreading.
To use this technique, you will need a spray bottle, liquid soap, and water.
You can also add 20 drops of peppermint essential oil in the spray for additional effects.
Cockroaches like the scent of wet coffee grounds, making it an effective bait to kill these little critters. Follow these easy steps to get rid of German cockroaches using coffee grounds.
Read more: 31 Simple Ways to Get Rid of Fruit Flies
This herb acts as a natural repellent to cockroaches. The nepetalactone present in catnip offers repellency properties. It is a great alternative to chemicals as it is non-toxic to humans and pets, but may have an adverse reaction to cats.
Another option is to place catnip leaves in areas of cockroach infestation. Put new leaves after every two or three days to get rid of German cockroaches.
Neem powder or neem oil is a safer alternative to biological and synthetic solutions for repelling insects. This herb contains highly volatile components that efficiently keep pests away. It is also cheaper than chemical repellents and less toxic to humans and pets.
Heres how to get rid of German cockroaches with neem oil.
Alternatively, you can also sprinkle Neem powder around your house to keep all insects at bay.
Get Trapper Insect Trap Here
One of the effective methods to get rid of German cockroaches is by placing sticky traps near their hiding place. This technique traps the nasty creatures when they crawl on it.
Place a few high-quality bundling tape sticky side on countertops, baseboards and behind cupboards. This method will also trap mice, lizards, flies and other insects that may be present in your home.
The sheets will trap these creatures. Once youve captured enough, dispose of the sheets immediately. Repeat this method every day until you have caught all roaches.
The smell of bleach and pine-sol is too strong for cockroaches. These creatures cannot stand the scent and will leave your place immediately. Follow these steps to keep German roaches away.
Read more: 15 Simple Ways to Kill Mosquitoes
Read more: What Kills Termites Naturally and Fast
Cockroaches carry different germs and bacteria that are harmful to your health. In addition to contaminating items and surfaces they touch with waste products, they can also destroy wires, clothes, books, electronics and other household items.
As these tiny creatures reproduce quickly, it is important to know how to get rid of German cockroaches as fast as possible.
You can control the infestation with one or combination of the methods mentioned above. They may require repeated application to make sure that you eliminate all these pests.
In case they are present in large number, you may also consider hiring an exterminator.
Enjoyed 9 Simple Ways to Get Rid of German Roaches Without an Exterminator? Share it with your friends so they too can learn how to get rid of German roaches.
The rest is here:
How to Get Rid of German Roaches Without an Exterminator
- TERMINIX PEST CONTROL PRICES - Exterminator Prices - October 13th, 2019
- Home Pest Control and Exterminators | Angie's List - October 2nd, 2019
- What to Expect After a Roach Exterminator Treatment ... - September 10th, 2019
- 5 Best Ways to Get Rid Of Roaches | Terminix - September 8th, 2019
- How Much Does Cockroach Extermination Cost? | Angie's List - May 21st, 2019
- Cockroach control - Western Exterminator - May 21st, 2019
- Pest Control Columbia SC | Cayce Exterminating Company - May 20th, 2019
- Cockroach Pest Control & Extermination: Arrow Exterminators - May 4th, 2019
- How to Get Rid of Roaches without an Exterminator - April 19th, 2019
- Exterminator sprayed for roaches, how long till they die ... - April 1st, 2019
- When to call an exterminator for cockroaches? (Detailed ... - February 27th, 2019
- Exterminator Ossining NY & Westchester County Pest Control ... - February 26th, 2019
- Cockroach Control - Get Rid of Roaches - February 20th, 2019
- How To Get Rid Of Roaches Without An Exterminator 7 Home ... - February 4th, 2019
- Bed Bug Treatment Tips from a Professional Exterminator - February 2nd, 2019
- Phoenix AZ Exterminator, Pest Control & Termite Inspector - February 1st, 2019
- What Kills Cockroaches Instantly: 4 Things to Kill ... - January 25th, 2019
- Roach Exterminator NJ | Pest Control New Jersey - December 12th, 2018
- 2018 Average Cockroach Extermination Costs: How Much Does ... - November 21st, 2018
- Cost to Hire a Roach Exterminator - Estimates and Prices ... - November 15th, 2018
- Exterminator How to Get Rid of Roaches - October 2nd, 2018
- Cockroaches Control Without Exterminator - pestwiki.com - September 5th, 2018
- Cockroaches - Roach Killer, Roach Control & Extermination ... - May 26th, 2018
- My Pest Control Aurora CO - Bed Bug Exterminator Denver CO - February 14th, 2018
- How Much Does Cockroach Extermination Cost? - Networx - February 4th, 2018
- Roaches | Pest Control Company in Tampa - February 1st, 2018
- Cockroach Control - Get Rid of Roaches - Orkin.com - January 21st, 2018
- How To Get Rid of Roaches | Kill Roaches - October 17th, 2017
- Baby Roaches (Pictures): 9 Simple Ways to Get Rid of It ... - September 25th, 2017
- How to get rid of roaches - Fast and Forever ... - Stop Pest! - September 20th, 2017
- Roaches, dead and alive, shut down 4 Miami area restaurants and get 14 others cited - Miami Herald - August 28th, 2017
- Hotel promised to rehabilitate residents. Instead, they faced bedbugs, drugs, vermin. - Charlotte Observer - August 25th, 2017
- Roaches cause temporary mail suspension - WGRZ-TV - August 19th, 2017
- Readers' Vent: Aug. 17, 2017 - Charleston Gazette-Mail (subscription) - August 18th, 2017
- The difference between fearing, hating bugs - Maryville Daily Forum - August 9th, 2017
- News Center 7 investigation uncovers history of insects at Dayton restaurant - Dayton Daily News - August 5th, 2017
- Here are some pest tips - Valencia County News Bulletin - August 4th, 2017
- Jaxon Social to remain closed after more live roaches found - ActionNewsJax.com - July 31st, 2017
- Residents Question Conditions in Apartments Across Hartford | NBC ... - NBC Connecticut - July 12th, 2017
- Roaches, rodent droppings close area restaurants - Fox29 WFLX TV, West Palm Beach, FL-news & weather - wflx - July 3rd, 2017
- Every surface I look at I see bugs: Man's BMW infested with cockroaches after parking at airport - fox6now.com - July 2nd, 2017
- Falmouth restaurant ordered shut down because of cockroach infestation - Cape Cod Times (subscription) - June 29th, 2017
- Roaches crash 40-year high school class reunion in DC - W*USA 9 - June 29th, 2017
- Man Shocked To Find Cockroach Infestation In His BMW - WLWT Cincinnati - June 29th, 2017
- Area Chinese and Mexican restaurants among 30+ in Florida forced to close after health inspections - WPTV.com - June 28th, 2017
- Restaurant inspections June 26, 2017 - The Herald-Times (subscription) - June 26th, 2017
- Aurora Pest Control Pros Expand Their Service Area - Digital Journal - June 21st, 2017
- Live roach found again at Cobb eatery still passes health check - Atlanta Journal Constitution - June 15th, 2017
- HUD officials: Essex Village improvements underway - Richmond Free Press - June 9th, 2017
- Roach crawls out during interview with owner who denies insects ... - Digital Journal - June 6th, 2017
- 2 Stocks and 1 Sector We're Watching in the Second Quarter ... - Madison.com - June 6th, 2017
- In nature, cockroaches don't die belly up | TODAYonline - TODAYonline - May 30th, 2017
- PEST CONTROL KINGS IN PHILADELPHIA - Press Release ... - Digital Journal - May 26th, 2017
- Cost Effective Pest Control Program for Homes in Seattle Launched - MENAFN.COM - May 23rd, 2017
- Veteran covered in scabs, says apartment overrun with mites but property managers won't help - FOX31 Denver - May 23rd, 2017
- What's next? Having cleared out 886 abandoned houses, South Bend must decide what to do with hundreds of vacant ... - Vincennes Sun Commercial - May 19th, 2017
- Signs that your home needs a Pest Control - Punjab News Express - May 18th, 2017
- The Cost to Seattle Commercial Businesses Attacked By Cockroaches. - MENAFN.COM - May 17th, 2017
- Having cleared out abandoned homes, South Bend must decide what's next - South Bend Tribune - May 15th, 2017
- NEW: Palm Beach Skate Zone cafe, Delray bagel shop cited for roaches - MyPalmBeachPost - May 10th, 2017
- DC Sues a Florida-Based Landlord for Neglecting a Columbia Heights Building - Washington City Paper - May 4th, 2017
- ROACHES - Bengal - May 1st, 2017
- Local renters allege wrongdoing, harassment - Manchestertimes - April 30th, 2017
- The Best Roach Killer In 2017 How To Kill Roaches In ... - April 27th, 2017
- FAGERLUND: Need help to stop 'bugging'? - Rio Rancho Observer - April 23rd, 2017
- Four Seasons, two other restaurants cited for live roaches - Palm Beach Daily News - April 21st, 2017
- Here's why your PS4 is a good roach motel - GameZone - April 19th, 2017
- Inspectors cite Four Seasons, Burger King, Lola's Seafood for roaches - Palm Beach Post (blog) - April 19th, 2017
- Four Seasons, Burger King, Lola's cited for live roaches - Palm Beach Post - April 18th, 2017
- 3 Ways to Kill German Roaches - wikiHow - April 12th, 2017
- 2 Bay County restaurants closed because of roach activity - Walton Sun - April 7th, 2017
- UVA residents complain about pest, mold problems, despite recent renovations - University Press - March 31st, 2017
- Keep the critters out: How to bug-proof your home - Shreveport Times - Shreveport Times - March 31st, 2017
- Seattle Pest control explains their extermination costs to commercial ... - Digital Journal - March 30th, 2017
- Lakeland Pest Control & Exterminator | (863) 279-0272 - March 29th, 2017
- Accidental therapists: For insect detectives, the trickiest cases involve the bugs that aren't really there - STAT - March 22nd, 2017
- 7 Things Every Homeowner Should Do Once a Year - Huffington Post - March 22nd, 2017
- Dead Roach Found In Food At Jerk Restaurant Horrifies Diner - DNAinfo - March 21st, 2017
- 'Superstore' Express Lane: The 6 Best Jokes in Season 2, Episode 16 - Hidden Remote - March 16th, 2017
- Cliques Bar and Grill Update- What Happened After Bar Rescue - Gazette Review - March 8th, 2017