Rats are known to mess with peoples internal home affairs since the dawn of times. There is a common saying which goes Where humans live, the rat lives; what humans eat, the rat eats.So if you are a home owner, check this! The apparently slim chance that you will have to deal with these rodents in the near future is constantly growing, especially if you dont have a clue how to repel them from your property (90% simply dont, and end up being forced to hire professional rat exterminators, which is not a bad thing, but requires more spending).
DISCLAIMER: There are many websites out there (mostly ran by wildlife removal companies) which claim none of the do it yourself rat eradication solutions that we are going to talk in this article actually work. The thing is, most of these companies just want to sell you their pest control services. They wouldnt approve of a DYI rat control method even if it worked like charm. So it is up to you to decide which way to go, either learn to handle a rat problem yourself or pay a professional company with years of experience to do it. Both work well in my opinion, when done right.
If you decide to do it on your own, you have to stay informed and always be ready to face these creatures!Thats why we created RatControlTips.com,to help beginners like YOU find a reliable, fast and easy solution to their rat problems, in just a few clicks of a rat mouse 😉
Alright, so in case you dont have the money to hire a professional rat exterminator, let the experts from your local pest control company do the job, or you simply want to save cash and learn the art of getting rid of these pesky rodents on your own, a.k.a do it yourself rat control, then here are your options: you can either repel/deter, trap or poison them. Shooting rats is probably not very safe because they are fast and, by the way, ammunition costs a lot of money these days. Just kidding 😉
Its always a much better option to keep rats away from your property, not reach the point when your house is already infested and avoid searching for options to exterminate them afterwards. Well talk about how to repel rats, efficiently, for good; and avoid bloody killing them, whenever possible.
Well also check the natural rat repellents first. These methods are more or less humane, but one thing for sure, if you take action, you will get rid of the rat problem, one way or another.
Note that each method was carefully analyzed, therefore providing both PROS & CONS on why it should or should NOT be used to get rid of rats. Please click on the above links to read about each individual diy rat control technique.
Most rat poisons, also known as rodenticides by their scientific name, are made from chemicals, with the sole purpose of killing rodents. Using rat poison to repel rats still continues to be a very controversial solution, due to its harmful effects on the surrounding environment, house pets and even humans. There have been multiple reports of fatal accidents, due to cats, dogs and other pets being in close proximity to rodenticides.
Sure, but its extremely difficult due to their nature of being scavengers. These rodents eat tiny bits from every single piece of food they find, then simply wait or move to something else. If they dont get sick, they would probably return and consume the remains.
Some professionals make use of rodenticides when dealing with commercial pest control, especially on larger open-air properties and in buildings where no humans live.
If you are a beginner and dont have any experience getting rid of rodents using rat poison, I highly recommend that you stay away from any type of rodenticides, or at least consult with a pest control expert before attempting to.
Fore more information on this subject, please read our in-depth article on rat poison.
Traps have been used to catch and kill rats for a long, long time. These devices have proven to be one of the most efficient ways to deal with all kinds of pest rodents, big or small. Both home-owners and professional pest control companies make use of them nowadays.
The main problem with using rat traps is rodents suspicion towards new objects, thats why usually only young, totally inexperienced rats get caught. Rodents that manage to survive get more experienced and you will find it extremely difficult to kill them with such devices later down the road. Everything that doesnt kill you only makes you stronger, they say. Well, believe it or not, this applies to everything in this universe, including rats 😉
All rat traps are divided into two main categories: lethal and non-lethal. People who dont like blood, killing things and creatures, even if these are considered harmful pest, usually tend to stay away from lethal methods and prefer more humane ones.
Here are a few types of rat traps that you should be aware of: live cage traps, glue traps, electronic traps, standard slap-traps.
Since rat traps are one of the most efficient ways to get rid of these pesky inhabitants of your house, there is much more to be said, written and analyzed on this topic, so we invite you to read our in-depth article on rat traps.
3000 words later, we are happy to have shed a little bit of light in your search for the most popular do it yourself (DIY) rat control methods. No matter what solution you choose to repel rats away, always remember to keep your house clean and do everything possible to prevent these rodents from finding it interesting to nest and breed on your property.
No matter how much we invest in various rat repellents, the best way to stop them is to physically block their access to whatever spot they want to reach. But this is costly, overwhelming and quite difficult, especially taking into consideration we are not officially at war (with rats), right now (or are we?) you may take it easy and either try either a liquid repellent, buy several standard traps from Victor(R) or maybe call your local pest control company for assistance.
At the end of the day, its doesnt really matter what option you choose, staying informed is always a must if you want to be able to get rid of these gnawing creatures, no matter what types of rats you are dealing with.
This is why we created RatControlTips.com 😉
Originally posted here:
Rat Extermination Tips from RatControlTricks.com The ...
- NYC's rat problem is out of control and it's not doing enough to stop it - New York Post - June 7th, 2022
- 'Vermin' politics: Human-wildlife conflict mitigation needs to be based on science, not historical biases - Down To Earth Magazine - June 7th, 2022
- Does Ammonia Keep Rats Away? - Exterminator NYC - May 19th, 2022
- Rat problem in DC sparks calls for investigation from neighborhood group - FOX 5 DC - May 19th, 2022
- Pay It 4ward: Fighting gophers on sacred soil - KFOR Oklahoma City - May 19th, 2022
- Rat home invasions in Montreal have increased since the pandemic, exterminators say - CTV News Montreal - May 7th, 2022
- 11 Pests That Pose a Threat to Your Pets - Bob Vila - May 7th, 2022
- License commissioners watching Little Caesars after allegations of rats, trash and 'oozing' bags - Worcester Telegram - May 7th, 2022
- The Squirrelly Story of the $500 Mothers Day Gift I Didnt Ask For - CBC.ca - May 7th, 2022
- N.Y.C. Rats: Theyre in the Park, on Your Block and Even at Your Table - The New York Times - November 6th, 2021
- Bronx tenants say rats have infested apartment building, climbing through walls - News 12 Bronx - November 6th, 2021
- Agricultural Pest Control Market Insights, Overview and Forecast with SWOT Analysis The Manomet Current - The Manomet Current - July 19th, 2021
- Bed Bug Exterminator Cleveland Offers Cleveland Residents with Effective Bed Bug Treatments for Comfortable Night Sleep - Digital Journal - July 19th, 2021
- Beverly residents want city to help with rat problems - The Salem News - July 5th, 2021
- Rat Problem Spills Over Into City Council Meeting In Beverly | WBZ NewsRadio 1030 - KFI AM 640 - July 5th, 2021
- LankaWeb GMOA President Misleading the Public - Lankaweb - June 22nd, 2021
- If You See This in Your Attic, Call an Exterminator Now - Best Life - May 13th, 2021
- Reputable Rat Exterminator Posts New Blog On How to Get Rid of These Nuisance Pests - Press Release - Digital Journal - September 24th, 2020
- Mice Exterminator Jackson MS | Mice & Rat Pest Control ... - August 16th, 2020
- Dallas Rat Exterminators | Vinx Home Services Inc - August 16th, 2020
- 2020 Rat Extermination Cost | Rats in Attic Removal Cost - July 11th, 2020
- Why You Should Hand Over Your Home Pest Problem to Private Exterminators? - The Good Men Project - June 13th, 2020
- The Best Rat Exterminators Near Me (with Free Estimates) - October 10th, 2019
- Rat Facts: What They Eat, Size ... - Western Exterminator - October 4th, 2019
- Exterminator & Pest Control Company in Amherst | Amherst ... - March 28th, 2019
- How Much Do Rat Exterminators Cost? (A Simple Guide ... - February 23rd, 2019
- How to Get Rid of Rats: Rat Control & Extermination ... - February 15th, 2019
- Exterminator Synonyms, Exterminator Antonyms | Thesaurus.com - February 3rd, 2019
- Rodent control - Western Exterminator - January 29th, 2019
- Rodent Control | A1 Exterminators Lynn MA | Ants, Termites ... - January 11th, 2019
- Rat Control - Western Exterminator - December 16th, 2018
- Commercial Buildings Exterminators - Homes Pest control ... - November 22nd, 2018
- Rat Exterminator - Rat Removal Service - Rat Pest Control - November 9th, 2018
- Rat Exterminators: How to Hire a Professional and NOT Get ... - September 5th, 2018
- Billy the Exterminator: Sugar Rat | A&E - YouTube - August 18th, 2018
- Pest Control Houma, LA Exterminator Terminix Pest ... - May 11th, 2018
- Insight Pest Control Ventura: Exterminator & Termite ... - April 20th, 2018
- We Kill Pest Control Hollywood is professional exterminator - April 1st, 2018
- DIY Rat Extermination RATCONTROLTRICKS.COM - December 22nd, 2017
- Pest Control NJ, Pest Control NYC, Bed Bug Exterminator NYC E - November 9th, 2017
- Rats vs. Mice | Western Exterminator - September 6th, 2017
- Bircher Exterminating | Phoenix Exterminator | HOA ... - August 11th, 2017
- How To Get Rid of Rats in the Attic | Western Exterminator - June 18th, 2017
- Mighty Rats Mice Exterminator To Seattle Home and Commercial Businesses Buildings - Digital Journal - May 3rd, 2017
- Got Rodents? Mice, Rats Exterminator: Canberra Pest Control - April 30th, 2017
- Rat Exterminator Services | Western Exterminator - February 19th, 2017
- Best Exterminating : Termite & Pest Control - Exterminator ... - February 11th, 2017
- Camelback Crickets - Ask The Exterminator - November 30th, 2016
- Pest Control Las Vegas, NV | Western Exterminator - November 16th, 2016
- Rat Exterminators | RATCONTROLTRICKS.COM - October 22nd, 2015
- Ask The Exterminator - September 25th, 2015
- Atlanta Rodent Control Rats, Mice, Bats Exterminator - July 2nd, 2015
- Rat Exterminator - Mouse, Mice, Rodent Extermination - June 1st, 2015
- What Does a Rat Exterminator Do? (with pictures) - June 1st, 2015
- Mice Removal Toronto | Mouse Exterminators Toronto - May 28th, 2015
- Rats - Ask The Exterminator - May 22nd, 2015
- Rat Exterminator New Jersey | New Jersey Rat Mouse Pest ... - May 22nd, 2015
- Norway Rat Extermination in Long Island, New York ... - May 20th, 2015
- Rat Control Toronto - Rats Exterminator Toronto - May 20th, 2015
- Exterminator Indianapolis IN | Mice & Rodent Removal ... - May 19th, 2015
- Exterminator in Springfield, IL - Terminix - Video - November 1st, 2012
- Clearwater Fl Rat Exterminator - Video - November 1st, 2012
- Exterminator in Canyon Lake CA | Bee Removal Rat Problem Commercial Pest Control - Video - November 1st, 2012
- Park Slope Pest Control 718-517-9211 Exterminator Service Brooklyn, 24 Hour Bed Bug Specialists - Video - November 1st, 2012
- Ant-Juan Calls an Exterminator - Video - November 1st, 2012
- orange county rat control 714-653-1141, OC exterminators, OC pest control, tustin,santa ana, - Video - February 10th, 2012
- Final Fantasy Tactics Heaven Knights, Sand Rat Exterminators - Video - February 9th, 2012
- Rat Extermination - Video - February 2nd, 2012
- Die Antwoord Is Back, Freaky, in Need of an Exterminator - February 1st, 2012
- Lets Play Final Fantasy IX #031 - Rat Exterminators - Video - January 28th, 2012
- The Rat Exterminators IV-O project - Video - January 9th, 2012
- The Exterminator (The rat Dungeon) Part 3. - Video - December 6th, 2011
- Tampa Rat Exterminator - Video - November 29th, 2011
- Rats! NYC's top exterminators - September 9th, 2011
- Let's Play: Morrowind - Part 7 (Wes the Exterminator) - August 13th, 2011
- Kennywood Exterminator POV - July 12th, 2011
- Sun City CA | Exterminator Rat Problem Pest Control Companies Roach Infestation CA - July 7th, 2011
- I'm Not An Exterminator - June 28th, 2011
- MAD Exterminators - June 14th, 2011
- Exterminator Roach Infestation :: Norco CA :: Rat Problem :: Pest Control Companies - May 24th, 2011