Rabies is not a thing of the past. Every day someone in the world dies from this fatal viral disease. Feeding or petting infected raccoons may put your family at high risk for exposure to this viral disease.
Raccoon rabies can be passed to people. The deadly nature of the disease is one of the main reasons that it is considered such a serious disease. Whats more rabies cant be diagnosed in a raccoon accurately. To get an accurate diagnosis, the raccoons brain must be examined.
How to protect your family and pets and how to avoid exposure from this deadly viral disease? Learn about rabid raccoons, the symptoms of disease in raccoons and methods of prevention.
Have a strong temptation to pet a cute raccoon? No matter how cute the raccoon is, its a bad idea. Raccoons can be infected with rabies and can turn aggressive toward people or animals.
Rabies is nearly always fatal.
At this time the patient starts to show signs of rabies such as:
Once these symptoms appear, the disease is nearly always fatal.
Yes, they do. These destructive animals are known as one of the most common carriers of rabies zoonotic disease in the U.S. Most rabid raccoons start acting extremely aggressive and become dangerous to humans and pets. In some states, this pesky animal is classified as a rabies vector species. It means raccoon can not only carry but also transmit rabies. The most effective way to stop raccoon rabies is vaccinating wild raccoons, instead of killing them.
WarningIf your pet has been in a fight with a potentially rabid raccoon, wear gloves when dealing with a pet to keep any still-fresh saliva from getting into an open sore.
Do all raccoons have rabies?All raccoons dont have rabies. To contract rabies, raccoons must be exposed to the saliva of some infected animal.
According to the Human Society, animals that have rabies can spread the virus only by biting another creature like raccoon or squirrel during the final stage of the disease. Raccoons are most likely to be infected with rabies. Once exposed to the virus this pesky animal may show no signs of having rabies for 2 months or longer. After this period, about 90% of raccoons with rabies exhibit unusual, identified-with-the-disease behaviors.
Worldwide, about 50% of people die from rabies every year.
When the lethal virus enters the raccoons body through exposure to the saliva of a sick/infected raccoon, the disease attacks the animals nervous system, moving to the salivary gland, brain and other areas and affecting cognitive, motor, and other functions.
Rabid raccoons are dangerous to humans and other animals. What to do in case you have to deal with a possibly rabid animal? The safest way is to telephone the police or animal control authorities. Experts have the knowledge and equipment necessary to euthanize the dangerous animal.
InterestingRabies cannot go through unbroken skin.You or your pet can be exposed to rabies only via a bite from a rabid raccoon/animal or possibly through abrasions, open wounds, scratches or mucous membranes in contact with brain tissue or saliva from a rabid raccoon/animal.
To help keep your family safe from the threat of raccoon rabies, take the following measures:
Tired of raccoons tormenting your pets and uprooting your yard? Read here working info on raccoon trapping. Use our smart trapping tips and dont let destructive animals turn your property into their dining-room.
Heres how natural repellent can help you to repel raccoons effectively. Learn how to make the process of raccoon removal much easier.
Lets face it: Raccoon removal is not an easy task. However you can consult with raccoon extermination services here is how to do it.
As far as rabies can be passed to people from raccoons you are to know and recognize the signs and symptoms of a rabid/sick raccoon.
ImportantIf you see a rabid raccoon, dont try to chase off or capture the animal. Call your local animal control service, describe the raccoons behavior and request the animal to be removed.If youve come in contact with a strangely behaving raccoon, call the doctor as quickly as possible.
If a typically nocturnal animal like a raccoon is exhibiting abnormal behavior during the day, you are to seek advice from wildlife rehabilitator or your local animal control.
Following our simple recommendations will help prevent both your pet and your family from being exposed to raccoon rabies.
You can find further details of Raccoons Control here.
Read the original here:
Useful Raccoon Rabies Info You Need to Read - pestkill.org
- The 10 Best Raccoon Removal Services in New York, NY 2020 - July 1st, 2020
- Cost to Remove Raccoons - Estimates and Prices at Fixr - July 1st, 2020
- Top 10 Raccoon Removal Services Near Me | Angie's List - March 19th, 2020
- Protecta EVO Express Bait Station - DoMyOwn.com - October 14th, 2019
- [Top 10 Effective Tips] How To Get Rid of Groundhogs Naturally - October 14th, 2019
- Raccoon Removal | Ehrlich Pest Control - October 4th, 2019
- The Pest Advice: What is the Scratching I Hear in My Roof? - October 2nd, 2019
- Raccoon Exterminator Nj - Critters Gone - May 29th, 2019
- Squirrel Removal Burlington | Pest Control Burlington - April 12th, 2019
- Alexander Exterminating | Pest Control for the Home or Office - March 10th, 2019
- Exterminator in CT | Professional Exterminating and Lawn ... - March 6th, 2019
- Pest Control in Killeen, TX | ABC Home & Commercial Services - January 25th, 2019
- Pest Control in Florida - American Pest Solutions - May 27th, 2018
- My Home is Infested With Fleas | ThriftyFun - March 23rd, 2018
- Pest Control Services in Secaucus, NJ - HomeAdvisor.com - March 16th, 2018
- Pest Control Ottawa | Exterminator Ottawa, Ontario | GO ... - March 7th, 2018
- Home - Balance of Nature, Inc - November 22nd, 2017
- chipmunk poison | eBay - October 20th, 2017
- Raccoon Exterminator | Pest Control Services - August 18th, 2017
- How to Get Rid of Mice in the House - PEST KILL - August 7th, 2017
- Advantage Pest Control Ltd. North Vancouver - Metro ... - July 31st, 2017
- Got Rats Rodent Proofing - June 18th, 2017
- Calgary, AB Pest Control & Exterminator Services - January 5th, 2017
- (918) 367-9060 Oklahoma Wildlife Control Limited ... - November 21st, 2016
- Snake Repellent Tips | How to Deter Snakes - Havahart Blog - November 18th, 2016
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions About Wildlife Control - November 18th, 2016
- Pest Control Richmond Hill & Exterminator Services - September 18th, 2016
- Planet Thrive Billy the Exterminator hot, hip, and humane - October 15th, 2015
- Orange County Best Exterminators - OC Best Exterminators ... - October 8th, 2015
- Pest Control From Top Rated Exterminators in Aiken, SC - September 29th, 2015
- Dealing With Rats | Voren's Aviaries Inc - September 29th, 2015
- Raccoons.ca - Home - September 25th, 2015
- Pest & Animal Control in Toronto reviews on HomeStars - September 25th, 2015
- How To Kill Fleas - September 25th, 2015
- NY Pest Control -Nassau County Animal Control and Pest Control - September 20th, 2015
- london ontario pest control | bed bugs control london ontario - September 9th, 2015
- Philadelphia Wildlife Control Pest Animal Removal Squirrel ... - September 7th, 2015
- Raccoons | Exterminators - July 8th, 2015
- Buy Raccoon Control Product at Economic Price - Pestmall - July 4th, 2015
- Raccoon Control Raccoon Repellent How to Get Rid of ... - July 4th, 2015
- Raccoon Removal and Control - Animal Control Solutions - June 13th, 2015
- Seattle Raccoon Control & Removal - June 13th, 2015
- How To Get Rid of Raccoons - AAAnimal Control - June 4th, 2015
- Fort Worth & Arlington Texas Animal Control Pest ... - May 22nd, 2015
- Boca Raton Animal Control Pest Exterminator Wildlife ... - May 22nd, 2015
- Seattle Eastside mice removal - Video - March 31st, 2012
- Pest Control Akron OH Patrick's Pest Control - Video - March 30th, 2012
- pest exterminators seattle - Video - March 30th, 2012
- Prevent Rats - January 28th, 2012
- Raccoons in the Chimney! Suburban Wildlife Control starring in Billy the Exterminator - Part 3 - Video - January 20th, 2012
- Suburban Wildlife Control starring in Billy the Exterminator - Part 1 - Raccoons in a Tree Fort! - Video - January 13th, 2012
- Bird Deer Raccoon Squirrels Rabbits Animal Pest Control Repeller - Video - November 14th, 2011
- Rat and Raccoon Exclusion - Video - November 14th, 2011
- Fall Pest Control Tips - Video - October 30th, 2011
- Pest Control Denver CO Bug Man Inc. - October 7th, 2011
- Richardson Pest Solutions - August 13th, 2011
- Raccoons, Squirrel - July 21st, 2011
- Termite Control | Bedbug Treatment | Pest Control CT, MA, NY | Eliminate'Em Pest Control, LLC - July 15th, 2011
- Billy The Exterminator: The Bee Bumbler - May 20th, 2011
- Billy The Exterminator: Line of Fire - May 20th, 2011
- Billy The Exterminator: Venom Spray - May 20th, 2011