Rodent control is essential to preserve the well being of the population in general. We do not have far to go to realize that an uncontrolled population of rodents can have serious implication on our primary food production, its manufacturing and later storage.
But if we look closer to home, we will find the same issues appearing. Also there is the added note of the potential impact on rodent infestation on our health and the one of other family members.
There is a strong general sense that rodents are nefarious in the sense that they can carry pathogens and contaminate our food supplies and surfaces. But the heart of the issue is down to cross contamination. It is hard enough to handle food safely without having to worry that the surrounding environment may actually be contaminated. In most cases, it would not be much of an issue, as we use plates, chopping boards, cling film and so on.
But old habits die hard. I, for one, do not make may sandwich directly on the worktop anymore, but I still leave the cutlery directly on it. And even though I wash my hands before handling food, my hand go on touching the worktop as I go picking up the cutlery. This may be a very mundane example, but it illustrate how unprotected we are.
The worst thing I had ever come across was the flat of close friends living in the Whitechapel district of London, I would go dining there often enough. Once they called me to help with a rodent sighting they had experienced. And I found the typical mice infestation that was linked to a systemic block issue with mouse droppings underneath the kitchen units and gaps at skirting board levels and around pipes all around.
Were my attitude changed, is went I was explaining what the mouse proofing would involve. As I pulled out the cutlery drawer to show the opening behind it, I saw there was possibly 10-20 droppings in there. You can only imagine the storm of thoughts that went into our mind. First how could they not have realized or seen the droppings in there sooner. The busy mind only sees what it sees. Then, the terrible fact that we put in our months dirty cutlery possibly over a large period of time.
So we now brush on the second aspect of rodent infestations that is affecting our physical health. The one we are all opened to is getting a stomach bug with various degree of aggravation depending on conditions. We know about Salmonella, Campylobacteriosis, but there are a stream of other pathogens that can be passed by direct contamination by urine or droppings or through cross contamination. The degree of infection will then depend on the bacterial or viral load you will have ingested.
Even though you do not develop acute symptoms as most people wouldnt, being exposed repeatedly to pathogens will eventually weaken you. There are many links that are being made between your gut flora and depression. And I do not suggest that the link is a switch. But chronic tiredness can surely have a strong impact on your mood. And if you had to it stress associated or not to a pest control issue, it may push you over the edge.
What I encounter most often is actually people suffering from mouse phobia. And just to be clear, I am not talking about people being afraid of mice. But rather individual who cannot even face the though of getting into a room where there could be mice. I have come across extreme situations where residents would empty all their food cupboards and not be using their kitchen at all. Others who would live their home to shelter into a hotel while they would call a pest control London company to sort them out. I have seen people selling their home and moving to another property.
The stress of not feeling at home anymore, the one place you should feel safe and at ease. Other conditions associated to rodents can also be health related such as rodent hair allergies. Others can be pest control related such as rent fleas adding to the lot. Often the solution to all these issues and consequences are down to getting rid of the mice. But how to get rid of mice efficiently enough as to gain your peace of mind back, or to ensure your chidden asthma will not be affected anymore.
The best pest control by any definition is not having pest to start with. This can often be achieved if the building standards are high, that the neighbours are on top of things and/or the building is being well managed. So when you first take notice of a rodent infestation, maybe the first thing that you should do, maybe even before calling the best pest control company in London, is to approach your neighbours and let them know.
Not only approaching your neighbours will allow for a more complete and efficient pest control approach, but it will also spread the load. You would not want to be the only person treating, and having all the mice of the neighbourhood having first to come in before they can eat the bait you put down. Mice travel 10-12 meters around the nest, so it means one of two house removed at best in every directions. In London the most typical set up is the terrace house,
So have a kind word with the sideways neighbours. They will check for the presence of rodent droppings under their own kitchen sink unit. And if they did not find any, it will have served the purpose of every one working toward a shared goal as a community. If you live on the 9th floor of a tower, well mice do not fly, so you can only deduct that their must be mice in all the lower floors to various degree. Approaching the neighbours will often not be enough when the solution is at building level and in the hands of the block management.
Finally we come to the holy grail of health vs pest control. There are mice and rats around, our buildings are prone to infestations. But there is a solution failing to control rodent before they can reach me. If I have mice in my home, it is primarily because they found a way in, most likely following the pipe work running from home to home. Therefore the ultimate solution would be to stop them from being able to get it by blocking all the access points. When the price is your wellbeing and peace of mind, it is worth making the effort.
See the article here:
Understanding the Health Implications of Not Having Rodent Control - Chiang Rai Times
- Pandemic Adds Roach Infestations To Its List of Living Nightmares - Gothamist - February 19th, 2021
- Are we losing the rat race? How rodents took over our offices - The Guardian - February 7th, 2021
- Review Place building infested with rats, mice: tenants - The Riverdale Press - February 1st, 2021
- The Secret to Getting Rid of Snakes: You Cant - The Wall Street Journal - January 30th, 2021
- How to Get Rid of Mice in Your Homeand Keep Them Away for Good - Prevention.com - January 20th, 2021
- 'Feeding the mouse': Unexpected twist in tennis star's quarantine furore - Yahoo Sport Australia - January 20th, 2021
- Got Mice in Your Stove? Here's How to Get Rid of Them - Wide Open Eats - January 20th, 2021
- Mum pleads for help after catching 42 mice in her Cliftonville flat in less than a month - The Isle of Thanet News - January 13th, 2021
- Hundreds of rodent pest call-outs in Nottingham this year with warning of winter increase - Nottinghamshire Live - December 28th, 2020
- Mouse Control is on the Table Only if Seen Running on Capitol Hill - Chiang Rai Times - December 28th, 2020
- COMMENT: Cats to the rescue as rats get upper hand - Wales Farmer - December 28th, 2020
- Pests and Its Negative Effects on Health - Morningside Maryland - December 28th, 2020
- Pest Control Officials in the UK Warn Over Mice Droppings - Chiang Rai Times - December 27th, 2020
- The Advent of Fieldwork Pest Control Software - Programming Insider - December 22nd, 2020
- Sometimes You Figure Things Out | CAI - WCAI - December 12th, 2020
- How to Get Rid of Cockroaches - Green Matters - November 20th, 2020
- AAAC Wildlife Removal: Eradicating Rodents and Other Pests from Properties for Over 15 Years - The News Front - November 18th, 2020
- Recognizing Rodent Infestations - FamilyEducation - October 17th, 2020
- Invasion alert: aggressive Oriential hornet's spread in Malta is growing - MaltaToday - October 14th, 2020
- This Is the Best Way to Get Rid of Mice, Experts Say - Best Life - October 1st, 2020
- Students Report Mice in McMahon Hall - The Observer - Fordham Observer - September 15th, 2020
- Her View: No easy way to exterminate the virus on the Palouse - Moscow-Pullman Daily News - September 7th, 2020
- How Do Exterminators Get Rid of Mice? | INSECT COP - July 1st, 2020
- 26 Things Home Buyers Will Hate About Your House - Yahoo Finance - April 29th, 2020
- From the Editor: It's the same Business Weekly with a different presentation [Column] - Reading Eagle - April 7th, 2020
- How to know when you have pests and what you should do - Southwest Journal - March 21st, 2020
- How to Get Rid of Mice in the House Fast - Best Way to Get ... - March 13th, 2020
- Mice and Rat Extermination | Angie's List - March 4th, 2020
- Global Agricultural Pest Control Market 2020 | Increasing Demand, Technology Development, New Innovations, Future Projections and Forecast 2025 - News... - March 4th, 2020
- How to Get Rid of Mice Now: The Ultimate Guide | Pestkilled - February 15th, 2020
- Mice Exterminator for the Business Owners and Why It's Necessary in 2020 - ChartAttack - February 6th, 2020
- Woman wants out of mice and rat-infested New Bedford public housing unit - SouthCoastToday.com - January 24th, 2020
- Call-outs to deal with rats and mice plummet after fees for council service triples - Wales Online - January 21st, 2020
- Fair Lawn Dollar Tree resumes selling food after fixing health violations - NorthJersey.com - January 17th, 2020
- Revealed: The parts of Bolton with the biggest rat infestation problems - Manchester Evening News - January 14th, 2020
- Pest control: UK 'fly-tipping epidemic linked to rats rise - The Bolton News - January 14th, 2020
- Separated by Design: How wealthy towns keep people with housing vouchers out - The CT Mirror - January 12th, 2020
- Ayrshire schools plagued by rats, fleas and flies with mice and wasps also a problem - The Scottish Sun - December 31st, 2019
- Last Post Southend bosses - 'No issue with rodents here ... it was a one off' - Southend Standard - December 30th, 2019
- Popular South Shields curry house ordered to clean up its act after inspectors discover RAT DROPPINGS and food stored in buckets of water - Shields... - December 30th, 2019
- Pest control called out hundreds of times to NHS Tayside buildings over two-year period - Evening Telegraph - December 29th, 2019
- Fleas rats and flies are amongst pests that have infested local schools - Cumnock Chronicle - December 23rd, 2019
- The rodent problem which forced a Sunderland school to close and call in Rentokil - Chronicle Live - December 20th, 2019
- How to Get Rid of Snakes - How to Get Rid of Copperhead and Garden Snakes - Country Living - December 18th, 2019
- What works (and what doesn't) when it comes to keeping snakes away at home - Starts at 60 - December 15th, 2019
- HARVEY'S Pest Control Provides Top Tips to Prevent Bugs from Spoiling the Holiday Season - Benzinga - December 15th, 2019
- Cold weather means mice enticed to warm homes - CT Insider - December 12th, 2019
- Basildon's The Moon on the Square Wetherspoons pub evacuated and shut after mouse spotted by customers - Essex Live - December 12th, 2019
- What Is The Importance Of Insects In The Ecosystem? - World Atlas - December 12th, 2019
- Moon on the Square, Basildon, closed after mouse is found - Echo - December 10th, 2019
- Shock as inspectors find traces of rats, mice and pigeons in food outlets - Leinster Leader - December 10th, 2019
- How about making sure that the lights are working? Evening News readers react to a crackdown at temporary traffic lights - Edinburgh News - December 10th, 2019
- Mum's five-year rodent nightmare - Kent Online - December 10th, 2019
- Cold weather means mice enticed to warm homes - Middletown Press - December 8th, 2019
- Mice infestation forces young mum and toddler out of home in Foleshill - Coventry Telegraph - December 8th, 2019
- Sydney seniors fed up with apartment building told odour, rodent issues to be fixed - CBC.ca - December 8th, 2019
- "Bob's Burgers": We Rank Our Thanksgiving "Visits" with The Belchers - Bleeding Cool News - November 28th, 2019
- Standing on the Shoulders of Giants - PCT - PCT Magazine - November 26th, 2019
- Rat infestations in Northern Ireland at worst levels for decade - Belfast Telegraph - November 26th, 2019
- 6 restaurants including 2 at golf clubs shut down with roaches and rodents - Stock Daily Dish - November 23rd, 2019
- The Worst Things Health Inspectors Have Seen in a Restaurant - MoneyWise.com - November 21st, 2019
- Baby raccoon euthanized after having rat trap stuck to its paw for a week - Victoria News - November 21st, 2019
- Tops Day Nursery closes over rat infestation - New Milton Advertiser and Lymington Times - November 21st, 2019
- Look Out for Pack Rats and Mice this Winter - Green Valley News - November 17th, 2019
- Mum disgusted to be told 'eat mice' after complaining to landlord about rodents - Mirror Online - November 17th, 2019
- Cockroaches on the rise in Calgary - CityNews Calgary - November 17th, 2019
- How to get rid of rats from your home - The Times - November 17th, 2019
- Rat catchers make 130 St Jamess Hospital visits in just three years - Extra.ie - November 17th, 2019
- School's mouse infestation forces closure of the kitchen for more than a week - Gazette Live - November 17th, 2019
- How to get rid of mice - Western Exterminator - October 2nd, 2019
- The 10 Best Mice Exterminators Near Me (with ... - Thumbtack - October 1st, 2019
- Mouse Control: Appearance, Signs & Removal of Mice - April 12th, 2019
- How Much Is An Exterminator For Mice? (A Quick Guide ... - April 5th, 2019
- 2019 Mouse Exterminator Cost (Average) - PestWiki - March 18th, 2019
- Port St Lucie and Jupiter Florida Pest Control and Bug ... - March 7th, 2019
- Local Pest Control Phoenix, AZ | Western Exterminator - February 11th, 2019
- How to Get Rid of Mice: The Ultimate Guide for Mice ... - October 31st, 2018
- 2018 Rat, Mice & Raccoon Removal Cost | Extermination Prices - September 8th, 2018
- Pest Force - Pest Control and Pest Exterminator Edmonton - June 15th, 2018
- mouse exterminators - Mice Riddance - April 1st, 2018