Real Pest Control
After insects, mice are the most common pest in our area. The pest control industry's standard procedure for dealing with mice infestations is mice-baiting with poisons. Both methods provide only a temporary solution. Once you knock down the resident mouse population with poisons you have won a small battle, but the holes that the mice used to get into your house still exist. This means that you will have more mice in the future. That's why most pest control companies will set you up on a quarterly program (four visits per year) to refill baiting stations. That's four times per year, every year, because nothing is being done to keep the mice from coming back. What kind of solution is that? For these reasons I was always hesitant to work with mice problems in the past and usually referred mice calls to other companies. I never liked the idea of charging someone for a service that I knew was only temporary at best. This was before I realized that I could Mouse-Proof a house.
Mice are only cute in cartoons! While it might be funny to watch a woman leap onto a chair and squeal in horror as a tiny rodent scampers across the floor, the damage and disease mice bring is no laughing matter. Neither is the expense Massachusetts residents face in mouse pest control services alone. Because getting rid of mice is such a difficult task, many homeowners feel forced to pay $500, $600 or $700 a year - every year - to pest control companies for quarterly mouse removal. We commonly see situations where a customer has been paying over $700 per year for a number of years for mouse-baiting services from a large franchise pest control company. We show up and conduct an inspection only to find that there are one or two very small openings around the foundation that are allowing these mice to gain access to the house. We then remove the mice (without the use of poison) and properly seal the openings to prevent the mice from getting back in. The problem is now solved. No more quarterly service contract from the pest control company to fill your house with poison. No more writing checks for mice-baiting four times per year.
Why would any company structure their services to fill your home with poison four times every year to control a problem that can be avoided in the first place? They call it recurring revenue. Doing it the "pest control" way, the mice keep coming back and you keep paying. The truth is, if your home qualifies, you can end this frustrating and expensive cycle!
We have bat-proofed and squirrel-proofed hundreds of houses. Why should mice be any different?
Mouse hole from garage into house
Mention the term "mouse-proofing" and most companies will scoff at the idea and tell you that it is simply not possible. You will get a line about how mice can squeeze through the smallest of openings and that there is no way that anyone can seal off all the openings in an entire house.
Mouse-Proofing is indeed possible. BatGuys has successfully mouse-proofed over 45 homes in the last two years. These houses have ranged from small ranches to contemporary colonials in excess of 3500 square feet. All of these mouse-proofing projects were given one-year warranties and as of this writing we have not been called back to a single one for a warranty issue.
For a mouse or any animal to gain access to a house it has to have squeezed through some type of opening. These openings are in foundations, around basement bulkheads and most importantly on roofs. That's right...roofs. Mice are very good climbers, and can enter houses through roofs just as easily as they enter at the ground level. Once each and every one of these openings is properly sealed the mice will no longer be able to enter the house. Knowing which openings mice can get through and knowing how to properly seal each opening is very tricky. Mouse-proofing is extremely tedious work. The technician must be very thorough and very detail-oriented. To miss a 1/4 inch crack or gap anywhere on a house will undoubtedly result in a failed job. It takes a special skill set to properly mouse-proof a house. These techniques can only be learned in the field by trial and error.
When most companies talk about "mouse pest control" what they really mean is extermination. They come, they kill, they leave. We believe that true pest control for mice is a multi-step process that:
Mice Proofing is hard work!
The complete package includes mouse removal first to rid your home of rodents followed by mouse proofing to prevent them from coming back. Many companies will tell you mouse proofing can't be done. We have a proven track record that says differently! Does it work for every home? No.
Does my home qualify for total mouse proofing?
We find that about 60% of the houses we inspect for mouse infestations are able to be totally mouse-proofed. The other 40% do not qualify for total mouse-proofing because of conditions like loose stone foundations, attached garages, large backyard decks and patios and a host of other conditions that make total mouse-proofing impossible.
Houses that are typically able to be mouse-proofed are split-level raised ranches, contemporary structures, modern colonials and one-level ranches. Houses that are typically not candidates for mouse proofing are old farmhouses and most cottages.
Even in cases where total mouse proofing is not possible we can usually offer an alternative to poison
The first step in mouse-proofing is the inspection. We must conduct a thorough inspection to determine if your house qualifies for mouse-proofing. If your home qualifies, we will write a quote on the costs for the project. If your home does not meet the requirements we will provide you with some other options besides the standard mice-baiting services.
Once the mice have been successfully removed and your home has been mouse proofed, you'll be protected by BatGuys comprehensive one-year warranty. If mice should re-infest your home during the warranty period we will return to do additional mouse removal and repairs at no cost to you.
If you woke up tomorrow morning and discovered that your roof was leaking what would you do? You would probably get a bucket and place it under the leak and then call someone to fix the problem. Now whom would you call to address the problem? Would you call a roofer to come repair the hole in your roof to stop the flow of water? Or would you call a water control service to come out and empty and replace the bucket every time it rains
This same principle can be applied to mice infestations. By repairing the openings in the exterior of the house we stop the flow of mice into your home.
In February 2009 I inspected a house that had a major mouse infestation in both the finished and unfinished areas of the basement. The house was only 4 years old and was already being overrun by the rodents. When a house that is this new has such a problem it is almost always the result of construction flaws. Small areas of the foundation (or even roof) that were left open once the house was completed. That was also the case at this particular project.
When the HVAC company installed the new air conditioning unit they sealed the opening around the chase with some cheap "great stuff" foam. Mice found this weakness and chewed through the foam to gain access to a wall-void and then the basement of the house. The construction of the house was very tight and this was the only active opening that I found. All it takes is one opening like this to cause a major mouse infestation.
We sealed this opening properly, mouse-proofed about a dozen other areas to keep them from going there next and then removed all the mice that were currently inside the house. This homeowner's mice problem is now solved. No pest control companies, no quarterly visits, no contracts, no introducing poison in a house where 3 small children reside. None of that. Just a simple common sense approach by the best mouse guys in the industry.
When you're ready to get started, contact us immediately and we'll set up a time to conduct a mouse-proofing inspection of your home. You'll be provided with a complete cost quotation for mouse removal and mouse proofing (provided your home qualifies
BatGuys is a poison-free company and do not use any type of pesticides/rodenticides for any of our services. If your situation calls for mice-baiting services we will refer you to the best pest control company in your area.
What is mice proofing? Click here to view a case study of a local mice-proofing project that we successfully completed.
See more here:
Mouse Removal in Massachusetts - Mouse Pest Control ...
- How to get rid of mice - Western Exterminator - October 2nd, 2019
- The 10 Best Mice Exterminators Near Me (with ... - Thumbtack - October 1st, 2019
- Mouse Control: Appearance, Signs & Removal of Mice - April 12th, 2019
- How Much Is An Exterminator For Mice? (A Quick Guide ... - April 5th, 2019
- 2019 Mouse Exterminator Cost (Average) - PestWiki - March 18th, 2019
- Port St Lucie and Jupiter Florida Pest Control and Bug ... - March 7th, 2019
- Local Pest Control Phoenix, AZ | Western Exterminator - February 11th, 2019
- How to Get Rid of Mice: The Ultimate Guide for Mice ... - October 31st, 2018
- 2018 Rat, Mice & Raccoon Removal Cost | Extermination Prices - September 8th, 2018
- Pest Force - Pest Control and Pest Exterminator Edmonton - June 15th, 2018
- mouse exterminators - Mice Riddance - April 1st, 2018
- Rodent Control, Mice Exterminator | Connors Pest Control - March 7th, 2018
- Everett, WA Exterminator, Pest Control & Termite Inspector - January 26th, 2018
- Knight Pest Control - Exterminator Bedbug Flea Cockroach ... - January 7th, 2018
- Elite Pest Control | Exterminator Minneapolis MN - December 8th, 2017
- Reliance Pest - Pest, Termite & Bedbug Exterminator ... - November 8th, 2017
- Mice & Rat Exterminator - F&W Pest Control - Massachusetts - October 20th, 2017
- Mouse Control Exterminator Services | Western Exterminator - October 18th, 2017
- Tarantula Scares Family in Second Sighting in Days Across San Diego - NBC Southern California - August 4th, 2017
- 22-year-old Contracted The Often Fatal Hantavirus At State Park - Simplemost - August 1st, 2017
- NEW: Rats and restaurants are an icky and dangerous combination - MyPalmBeachPost - July 7th, 2017
- Can you get rid of home pests with essential oils? - GoErie.com - June 25th, 2017
- Ask Angie's List: Can you get rid of home pests with essential oils? - Fredericksburg.com - June 24th, 2017
- Better Business Bureau: Start With Trust - Better Business Bureau - June 22nd, 2017
- Exterminator working to eliminate Wilmington mice during summer - New Castle News - June 22nd, 2017
- Oak Lawn Goes On Rat Patrol - Patch.com - June 21st, 2017
- At Home: Use essential oils to get rid of home pests - Topeka Capital Journal - June 17th, 2017
- After the flooding, Pierrefonds residents coping with unwanted rodent house guests - CBC.ca - June 14th, 2017
- Need to get rid of tobacco beetles? Here's how - Rochester Democrat and Chronicle - June 13th, 2017
- Essential Oils Can Repel Mice, Spiders - Valley News - June 11th, 2017
- Can you get rid of home pests with essential oils? | Life ... - South Bend Tribune - June 10th, 2017
- 'Dance Moms' former coach Abby Lee Miller faces more trouble - Blasting News - June 3rd, 2017
- Rodents take over Isa - The North West Star - May 25th, 2017
- Code enforcement complaints fines for Commercial Building Rat ... - Digital Journal - May 23rd, 2017
- Essay: A sticky situation - Martha's Vineyard Times - May 17th, 2017
- County Health Inspector to Visit Robert Hunter School; District Bars Reporter From Attending - TAPinto.net - May 16th, 2017
- Mouse Control - Orkin.com - May 15th, 2017
- Battling Mice at Robert Hunter School - TAPinto.net - May 12th, 2017
- PRIME TIME: Critters north country folk need not worry about - Bemidji Pioneer - May 12th, 2017
- Carpenter Ants Infiltrating Greater Seattle Area Homes and commercial business buildings - MENAFN.COM - May 10th, 2017
- Bigfoot Pest Control Services Area Expands To Chicago and Surroundings - Digital Journal - May 8th, 2017
- Spring Home and Garden: Technician offers advice on pest control - Pamplin Media Group - April 27th, 2017
- Rodent Control: Get Rid of Rats and Mice - Orkin - April 13th, 2017
- Seattle king county pest control companies reveal Abandoned buildings contribute to the rise in rats mice infestation - MENAFN.COM - April 6th, 2017
- Seattle king county pest control companies reveal Abandoned ... - MilTech - April 5th, 2017
- MPI changes rodent claim policy, expects to save millions - CTV News - March 23rd, 2017
- Dollar General closes after inspectors report live rodents, insects found in store - WLWT Cincinnati - March 21st, 2017
- Seattle Airport Hangar needs a Commercial Rat Pest Control ... - MilTech - March 19th, 2017
- Of mice and murder, and Ronald Reagan - Salon - March 19th, 2017
- Seattle Airport Hangar needs a Commercial Rat Pest Control. - MENAFN.COM - March 18th, 2017
- Seattle Airport Hangar needs a Commercial Rat Pest Control. - Digital Journal - March 17th, 2017
- Rodent infestations on rise across Preston - Lancashire Evening Post - March 16th, 2017
- Mouse - Wikipedia - March 7th, 2017
- Napa Wildlife Rescue, Gasser Foundation team up to use owls, not ... - Napa Valley Register - March 2nd, 2017
- Napa Wildlife Rescue, Gasser Foundation team up to use owls, not poison, to kill rats - Napa Valley Register - February 28th, 2017
- How to get rid of mice - Popular Science - February 24th, 2017
- Napa Wildlife Rescue, Gasser Foundation team up to help environment - Napa Valley Register - February 23rd, 2017
- Have as much information as possible if pet exposed to poison - Charleston Post Courier - February 19th, 2017
- Best PC controller | PCGamesN - PCGamesN - February 16th, 2017
- LETTER: Bin men's food waste collection technique is a shambles - Stroud News and Journal - February 14th, 2017
- Do Away With the Pests With Exterminator in Edmond - Press ... - Digital Journal - February 9th, 2017
- Do Away With the Pests With Exterminator in Edmond - Military Technologies - February 9th, 2017
- Restaurants in Downtown Seattle overrun by Rats, authorities ... - Satellite PR News (press release) - February 7th, 2017
- How to Get Rid of Mice, Mouse Control - Do-It-Yourself ... - January 27th, 2017
- Silver Spring Mice Exterminator - Mouse Rat Rodent ... - November 24th, 2016
- How Much Does it Cost to Get Rid of Mice - KompareIt - October 31st, 2016
- How Long Do Mice Live ? - Western Exterminator - September 22nd, 2016
- Easy Guide to Hire a Mouse Exterminator that gets Results - October 12th, 2015
- Billy the Exterminator Episode Guide - Season 1 - A&E - aetv - October 12th, 2015
- Metro Pest Control - September 25th, 2015
- How to Get Rid Of Mice :: pest-control-products.net - August 28th, 2015
- How to Get Rid of Mice - Mouse Control - Mouse Traps - July 31st, 2015
- Prevention and control of house mice, Mus musculus - July 4th, 2015
- Mice - Pest Control Canada - July 4th, 2015
- House Mouse Prevention and Control - July 4th, 2015
- Mouse Poison & Mouse Bait - Do My Own Pest Control - July 4th, 2015
- Mouse Control Services | Rentokil - July 4th, 2015
- Rodent Control: Get Rid of Rats and Mice - Orkin.com - July 2nd, 2015
- How to Get Rid of Mice, Mouse Control - July 2nd, 2015
- Is Tomcat Mouse Poison Worth A Darn? - Pest Control - DIY ... - June 29th, 2015