Temporary traffic lights can be a cause of frustration. Picture: John Devlin
Hope cyclists are included. They hop on to the pavement past roadworks then back on to the road. Or cross at crossings on bikes then cycle away.
I recall a sheriff, many years ago, fining a cyclist who pushed his bike over a zebra crossing at the West End, ruling that a cyclist, even when pushing his bike, is still a cyclist and must abide by the rules of the road whilst on it.
Just here for the cyclist comments on an article about motorists. Sadly not disappointed . . .
There should be cameras at every set of traffic lights they would make a fortune.
How about making sure the lights are working? Many of them stay on red forever.
Edinburgh: the place that has temporarily traffic lights for years. There cant be many roads left without roadworks or diversions. Its really all part of the plan to have a congestion charge imposed. Wake up people.
If people in Edinburgh need practice at stopping at temporary traffic lights then come down to Prestonpans where theres been a temporary set for ninw months and no sign of them being removed.
Roadworks are becoming a joke in Edinburgh. There are temporary lights every time you turn a corner. The council are that well prepared and experienced that they make a dogs dinner of it every time. They are strategically placed to cause more traffic.
Edinburgh drivers who park on yellow lines or in public bays instead of paying for tickets could now be towed or clamped. Persistent offenders flouting parking rules could receive a stricter punishment.
Glad to hear this. Its about time motorists were dealt with.
Hope they take this to the Ingliston park and ride too. Parking is ridiculous there!
Tow them off the Greenways straight away. Theres no point ticketing a car that is blocking the road.
I worked as a Blue Meanie years ago 2000 and this was on the go then. Persistent offenders were a high priority impound you had to radio control urgently to get the tow truck up as it told you on your machine as you booked the car to get the tow truck down for it
Taxis park in bus lanes and at bus stops creating chaos but nobody takes action.
Good, but its too little too late.
In other news, an Edinburgh mother has told of her horror after she spotted mice in one of the Capitals busiest soft play areas Clambers at the Royal Commonwealth Pool.
Been a few times over the years and there was always kids eating in the soft play area. Staff do their best but mice will go where they can find food!
I must admit Ive not been for a few months but I used to go once a week with my kids and the staff are always out with a bucket of hot water and a cloth cleaning the soft play. I suppose its the price the building pays for being next to woods it has been freezing lately so they are looking for a warmer place to sleep but it has been super clean when we have attended.
They need to close this centre down until its safe. Children could get seriously ill.
They need to close it down until is is cleaned up.
Hopefully Edinburgh leisure sort this out ASAP. Anywhere with kids and food needs cleaned properly, daily.
Theres a plague of both mice and rats all over Edinburgh at the moment. They have always been with us and always will. Its pretty much impossible to get rid of them totally. All businesses can do is make sure they have a pest control contract in place with regular visits and keep on top of the cleaning, but they are everywhere.
The weather is getting colder and naturally animals seek warmth and a food supply its no different to what humans do actually.The problem is that their natural habitat is being destroyed by humans building everywhere and so they move into more unnatural environments.
- Pandemic Adds Roach Infestations To Its List of Living Nightmares - Gothamist - February 19th, 2021
- Are we losing the rat race? How rodents took over our offices - The Guardian - February 7th, 2021
- Review Place building infested with rats, mice: tenants - The Riverdale Press - February 1st, 2021
- The Secret to Getting Rid of Snakes: You Cant - The Wall Street Journal - January 30th, 2021
- How to Get Rid of Mice in Your Homeand Keep Them Away for Good - Prevention.com - January 20th, 2021
- 'Feeding the mouse': Unexpected twist in tennis star's quarantine furore - Yahoo Sport Australia - January 20th, 2021
- Got Mice in Your Stove? Here's How to Get Rid of Them - Wide Open Eats - January 20th, 2021
- Mum pleads for help after catching 42 mice in her Cliftonville flat in less than a month - The Isle of Thanet News - January 13th, 2021
- Understanding the Health Implications of Not Having Rodent Control - Chiang Rai Times - December 28th, 2020
- Hundreds of rodent pest call-outs in Nottingham this year with warning of winter increase - Nottinghamshire Live - December 28th, 2020
- Mouse Control is on the Table Only if Seen Running on Capitol Hill - Chiang Rai Times - December 28th, 2020
- COMMENT: Cats to the rescue as rats get upper hand - Wales Farmer - December 28th, 2020
- Pests and Its Negative Effects on Health - Morningside Maryland - December 28th, 2020
- Pest Control Officials in the UK Warn Over Mice Droppings - Chiang Rai Times - December 27th, 2020
- The Advent of Fieldwork Pest Control Software - Programming Insider - December 22nd, 2020
- Sometimes You Figure Things Out | CAI - WCAI - December 12th, 2020
- How to Get Rid of Cockroaches - Green Matters - November 20th, 2020
- AAAC Wildlife Removal: Eradicating Rodents and Other Pests from Properties for Over 15 Years - The News Front - November 18th, 2020
- Recognizing Rodent Infestations - FamilyEducation - October 17th, 2020
- Invasion alert: aggressive Oriential hornet's spread in Malta is growing - MaltaToday - October 14th, 2020
- This Is the Best Way to Get Rid of Mice, Experts Say - Best Life - October 1st, 2020
- Students Report Mice in McMahon Hall - The Observer - Fordham Observer - September 15th, 2020
- Her View: No easy way to exterminate the virus on the Palouse - Moscow-Pullman Daily News - September 7th, 2020
- How Do Exterminators Get Rid of Mice? | INSECT COP - July 1st, 2020
- 26 Things Home Buyers Will Hate About Your House - Yahoo Finance - April 29th, 2020
- From the Editor: It's the same Business Weekly with a different presentation [Column] - Reading Eagle - April 7th, 2020
- How to know when you have pests and what you should do - Southwest Journal - March 21st, 2020
- How to Get Rid of Mice in the House Fast - Best Way to Get ... - March 13th, 2020
- Mice and Rat Extermination | Angie's List - March 4th, 2020
- Global Agricultural Pest Control Market 2020 | Increasing Demand, Technology Development, New Innovations, Future Projections and Forecast 2025 - News... - March 4th, 2020
- How to Get Rid of Mice Now: The Ultimate Guide | Pestkilled - February 15th, 2020
- Mice Exterminator for the Business Owners and Why It's Necessary in 2020 - ChartAttack - February 6th, 2020
- Woman wants out of mice and rat-infested New Bedford public housing unit - SouthCoastToday.com - January 24th, 2020
- Call-outs to deal with rats and mice plummet after fees for council service triples - Wales Online - January 21st, 2020
- Fair Lawn Dollar Tree resumes selling food after fixing health violations - NorthJersey.com - January 17th, 2020
- Revealed: The parts of Bolton with the biggest rat infestation problems - Manchester Evening News - January 14th, 2020
- Pest control: UK 'fly-tipping epidemic linked to rats rise - The Bolton News - January 14th, 2020
- Separated by Design: How wealthy towns keep people with housing vouchers out - The CT Mirror - January 12th, 2020
- Ayrshire schools plagued by rats, fleas and flies with mice and wasps also a problem - The Scottish Sun - December 31st, 2019
- Last Post Southend bosses - 'No issue with rodents here ... it was a one off' - Southend Standard - December 30th, 2019
- Popular South Shields curry house ordered to clean up its act after inspectors discover RAT DROPPINGS and food stored in buckets of water - Shields... - December 30th, 2019
- Pest control called out hundreds of times to NHS Tayside buildings over two-year period - Evening Telegraph - December 29th, 2019
- Fleas rats and flies are amongst pests that have infested local schools - Cumnock Chronicle - December 23rd, 2019
- The rodent problem which forced a Sunderland school to close and call in Rentokil - Chronicle Live - December 20th, 2019
- How to Get Rid of Snakes - How to Get Rid of Copperhead and Garden Snakes - Country Living - December 18th, 2019
- What works (and what doesn't) when it comes to keeping snakes away at home - Starts at 60 - December 15th, 2019
- HARVEY'S Pest Control Provides Top Tips to Prevent Bugs from Spoiling the Holiday Season - Benzinga - December 15th, 2019
- Cold weather means mice enticed to warm homes - CT Insider - December 12th, 2019
- Basildon's The Moon on the Square Wetherspoons pub evacuated and shut after mouse spotted by customers - Essex Live - December 12th, 2019
- What Is The Importance Of Insects In The Ecosystem? - World Atlas - December 12th, 2019
- Moon on the Square, Basildon, closed after mouse is found - Echo - December 10th, 2019
- Shock as inspectors find traces of rats, mice and pigeons in food outlets - Leinster Leader - December 10th, 2019
- Mum's five-year rodent nightmare - Kent Online - December 10th, 2019
- Cold weather means mice enticed to warm homes - Middletown Press - December 8th, 2019
- Mice infestation forces young mum and toddler out of home in Foleshill - Coventry Telegraph - December 8th, 2019
- Sydney seniors fed up with apartment building told odour, rodent issues to be fixed - CBC.ca - December 8th, 2019
- "Bob's Burgers": We Rank Our Thanksgiving "Visits" with The Belchers - Bleeding Cool News - November 28th, 2019
- Standing on the Shoulders of Giants - PCT - PCT Magazine - November 26th, 2019
- Rat infestations in Northern Ireland at worst levels for decade - Belfast Telegraph - November 26th, 2019
- 6 restaurants including 2 at golf clubs shut down with roaches and rodents - Stock Daily Dish - November 23rd, 2019
- The Worst Things Health Inspectors Have Seen in a Restaurant - MoneyWise.com - November 21st, 2019
- Baby raccoon euthanized after having rat trap stuck to its paw for a week - Victoria News - November 21st, 2019
- Tops Day Nursery closes over rat infestation - New Milton Advertiser and Lymington Times - November 21st, 2019
- Look Out for Pack Rats and Mice this Winter - Green Valley News - November 17th, 2019
- Mum disgusted to be told 'eat mice' after complaining to landlord about rodents - Mirror Online - November 17th, 2019
- Cockroaches on the rise in Calgary - CityNews Calgary - November 17th, 2019
- How to get rid of rats from your home - The Times - November 17th, 2019
- Rat catchers make 130 St Jamess Hospital visits in just three years - Extra.ie - November 17th, 2019
- School's mouse infestation forces closure of the kitchen for more than a week - Gazette Live - November 17th, 2019
- How to get rid of mice - Western Exterminator - October 2nd, 2019
- The 10 Best Mice Exterminators Near Me (with ... - Thumbtack - October 1st, 2019
- Mouse Control: Appearance, Signs & Removal of Mice - April 12th, 2019
- How Much Is An Exterminator For Mice? (A Quick Guide ... - April 5th, 2019
- 2019 Mouse Exterminator Cost (Average) - PestWiki - March 18th, 2019
- Port St Lucie and Jupiter Florida Pest Control and Bug ... - March 7th, 2019
- Local Pest Control Phoenix, AZ | Western Exterminator - February 11th, 2019
- How to Get Rid of Mice: The Ultimate Guide for Mice ... - October 31st, 2018
- 2018 Rat, Mice & Raccoon Removal Cost | Extermination Prices - September 8th, 2018
- Pest Force - Pest Control and Pest Exterminator Edmonton - June 15th, 2018
- mouse exterminators - Mice Riddance - April 1st, 2018