Six Orlando-area restaurants, including eateries at two country clubs, were closed by inspectors because of issues with roaches and rodents.
Kings Ridge Golf Club in had its restaurant temporarily closed by a state health inspector on Dec. 11 because of seven violations, including evidence of rodent activity, according to a report from the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
Kings Ridge Golf Club is located at 1950 Kings Ridge Blvd. in Clermont.
The inspector found several rodent droppings in the kitchen area, including in a serving bowl, the report said. It reopened the next day after a follow-up inspection.
The Mayfair Golf Club in was shut down for the second time in 2018 on Dec. 11 because of problems with rodents too.
The report said there were droppings on the water dispenser and in the hand wash sink. It reopened the following day.
The club is owned by the City of Sanford. The club did not return a request for comment.
Akina Asian restaurant at 4300 S. Highway 27 in Clermont shut down Dec. 11 for one day because of violations including live and dead roaches.
I-Drive eatery Turquaz Turkish Cuisine was closed by an inspector Nov. 19 because of dead and live roaches in the restaurant. It passed a follow-up inspection the next day and reopened. It is located at 5648 International Drive.
Owner Zack Mountassir said a pest control company was not able to find any roaches and that he is disputing the report with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
Jumbo Asian Diner at 7798 Winter Garden Vineland Rd. in Windermere was shut down Nov. 29 by an inspector. The report noted dead and live roaches throughout the kitchen. It passed an inspection the next day.
Orlandos The Mediterranean Spot at 9430 E. Colonial Dr. was temporarily shut down Nov. 15 after failing an inspection because of roaches. There were 20 live roaches in a container containing onions, the report said.
Got a news tip? or; Twitter, or
CAPTION World of Disney, the giant store at Disney Springs, has reopened with an airy look and new merchandise, including a Mickey Mouse Club collection. World of Disney, the giant store at Disney Springs, has reopened with an airy look and new merchandise, including a Mickey Mouse Club collection. CAPTION World of Disney, the giant store at Disney Springs, has reopened with an airy look and new merchandise, including a Mickey Mouse Club collection. World of Disney, the giant store at Disney Springs, has reopened with an airy look and new merchandise, including a Mickey Mouse Club collection. CAPTION The November real estate report from the Orlando Area Realtors Association released Monday showed that the number of home sales fell 6.9 percent during the month while the number of homes for sale grew to a 3.3 month supply, the biggest since September 2017. The November real estate report from the Orlando Area Realtors Association released Monday showed that the number of home sales fell 6.9 percent during the month while the number of homes for sale grew to a 3.3 month supply, the biggest since September 2017. CAPTION The tide has turned for SeaWorld. Some analysts say the company made a remarkable comeback the rest of the year. The tide has turned for SeaWorld. Some analysts say the company made a remarkable comeback the rest of the year. CAPTION Florida lawmakers are lambasting Airbnbs decision to withdraw its services from Israeli settlers in the West Bank, with one GOP representative saying the platform for short term rentals may end up getting shut down in the state over the move. Florida lawmakers are lambasting Airbnbs decision to withdraw its services from Israeli settlers in the West Bank, with one GOP representative saying the platform for short term rentals may end up getting shut down in the state over the move. CAPTION Sanjay Sam Srinivasan, owner of Global Promo in Orlando, Fla., talks Wednesday, Nov. 28, 2018, about the 40,000+ flower leis his promotional products company is providing, one for every fan attending the UCF-Memphis game on Saturday. The leis are to honor star quarterback McKenzie Milton, who sustained a season-ending injury to his knee last week. (Joe Burbank/Orlando Sentinel) Sanjay Sam Srinivasan, owner of Global Promo in Orlando, Fla., talks Wednesday, Nov. 28, 2018, about the 40,000+ flower leis his promotional products company is providing, one for every fan attending the UCF-Memphis game on Saturday. The leis are to honor star quarterback McKenzie Milton, who sustained a season-ending injury to his knee last week. (Joe Burbank/Orlando Sentinel)
- Pandemic Adds Roach Infestations To Its List of Living Nightmares - Gothamist - February 19th, 2021
- Are we losing the rat race? How rodents took over our offices - The Guardian - February 7th, 2021
- Review Place building infested with rats, mice: tenants - The Riverdale Press - February 1st, 2021
- The Secret to Getting Rid of Snakes: You Cant - The Wall Street Journal - January 30th, 2021
- How to Get Rid of Mice in Your Homeand Keep Them Away for Good - Prevention.com - January 20th, 2021
- 'Feeding the mouse': Unexpected twist in tennis star's quarantine furore - Yahoo Sport Australia - January 20th, 2021
- Got Mice in Your Stove? Here's How to Get Rid of Them - Wide Open Eats - January 20th, 2021
- Mum pleads for help after catching 42 mice in her Cliftonville flat in less than a month - The Isle of Thanet News - January 13th, 2021
- Understanding the Health Implications of Not Having Rodent Control - Chiang Rai Times - December 28th, 2020
- Hundreds of rodent pest call-outs in Nottingham this year with warning of winter increase - Nottinghamshire Live - December 28th, 2020
- Mouse Control is on the Table Only if Seen Running on Capitol Hill - Chiang Rai Times - December 28th, 2020
- COMMENT: Cats to the rescue as rats get upper hand - Wales Farmer - December 28th, 2020
- Pests and Its Negative Effects on Health - Morningside Maryland - December 28th, 2020
- Pest Control Officials in the UK Warn Over Mice Droppings - Chiang Rai Times - December 27th, 2020
- The Advent of Fieldwork Pest Control Software - Programming Insider - December 22nd, 2020
- Sometimes You Figure Things Out | CAI - WCAI - December 12th, 2020
- How to Get Rid of Cockroaches - Green Matters - November 20th, 2020
- AAAC Wildlife Removal: Eradicating Rodents and Other Pests from Properties for Over 15 Years - The News Front - November 18th, 2020
- Recognizing Rodent Infestations - FamilyEducation - October 17th, 2020
- Invasion alert: aggressive Oriential hornet's spread in Malta is growing - MaltaToday - October 14th, 2020
- This Is the Best Way to Get Rid of Mice, Experts Say - Best Life - October 1st, 2020
- Students Report Mice in McMahon Hall - The Observer - Fordham Observer - September 15th, 2020
- Her View: No easy way to exterminate the virus on the Palouse - Moscow-Pullman Daily News - September 7th, 2020
- How Do Exterminators Get Rid of Mice? | INSECT COP - July 1st, 2020
- 26 Things Home Buyers Will Hate About Your House - Yahoo Finance - April 29th, 2020
- From the Editor: It's the same Business Weekly with a different presentation [Column] - Reading Eagle - April 7th, 2020
- How to know when you have pests and what you should do - Southwest Journal - March 21st, 2020
- How to Get Rid of Mice in the House Fast - Best Way to Get ... - March 13th, 2020
- Mice and Rat Extermination | Angie's List - March 4th, 2020
- Global Agricultural Pest Control Market 2020 | Increasing Demand, Technology Development, New Innovations, Future Projections and Forecast 2025 - News... - March 4th, 2020
- How to Get Rid of Mice Now: The Ultimate Guide | Pestkilled - February 15th, 2020
- Mice Exterminator for the Business Owners and Why It's Necessary in 2020 - ChartAttack - February 6th, 2020
- Woman wants out of mice and rat-infested New Bedford public housing unit - SouthCoastToday.com - January 24th, 2020
- Call-outs to deal with rats and mice plummet after fees for council service triples - Wales Online - January 21st, 2020
- Fair Lawn Dollar Tree resumes selling food after fixing health violations - NorthJersey.com - January 17th, 2020
- Revealed: The parts of Bolton with the biggest rat infestation problems - Manchester Evening News - January 14th, 2020
- Pest control: UK 'fly-tipping epidemic linked to rats rise - The Bolton News - January 14th, 2020
- Separated by Design: How wealthy towns keep people with housing vouchers out - The CT Mirror - January 12th, 2020
- Ayrshire schools plagued by rats, fleas and flies with mice and wasps also a problem - The Scottish Sun - December 31st, 2019
- Last Post Southend bosses - 'No issue with rodents here ... it was a one off' - Southend Standard - December 30th, 2019
- Popular South Shields curry house ordered to clean up its act after inspectors discover RAT DROPPINGS and food stored in buckets of water - Shields... - December 30th, 2019
- Pest control called out hundreds of times to NHS Tayside buildings over two-year period - Evening Telegraph - December 29th, 2019
- Fleas rats and flies are amongst pests that have infested local schools - Cumnock Chronicle - December 23rd, 2019
- The rodent problem which forced a Sunderland school to close and call in Rentokil - Chronicle Live - December 20th, 2019
- How to Get Rid of Snakes - How to Get Rid of Copperhead and Garden Snakes - Country Living - December 18th, 2019
- What works (and what doesn't) when it comes to keeping snakes away at home - Starts at 60 - December 15th, 2019
- HARVEY'S Pest Control Provides Top Tips to Prevent Bugs from Spoiling the Holiday Season - Benzinga - December 15th, 2019
- Cold weather means mice enticed to warm homes - CT Insider - December 12th, 2019
- Basildon's The Moon on the Square Wetherspoons pub evacuated and shut after mouse spotted by customers - Essex Live - December 12th, 2019
- What Is The Importance Of Insects In The Ecosystem? - World Atlas - December 12th, 2019
- Moon on the Square, Basildon, closed after mouse is found - Echo - December 10th, 2019
- Shock as inspectors find traces of rats, mice and pigeons in food outlets - Leinster Leader - December 10th, 2019
- How about making sure that the lights are working? Evening News readers react to a crackdown at temporary traffic lights - Edinburgh News - December 10th, 2019
- Mum's five-year rodent nightmare - Kent Online - December 10th, 2019
- Cold weather means mice enticed to warm homes - Middletown Press - December 8th, 2019
- Mice infestation forces young mum and toddler out of home in Foleshill - Coventry Telegraph - December 8th, 2019
- Sydney seniors fed up with apartment building told odour, rodent issues to be fixed - CBC.ca - December 8th, 2019
- "Bob's Burgers": We Rank Our Thanksgiving "Visits" with The Belchers - Bleeding Cool News - November 28th, 2019
- Standing on the Shoulders of Giants - PCT - PCT Magazine - November 26th, 2019
- Rat infestations in Northern Ireland at worst levels for decade - Belfast Telegraph - November 26th, 2019
- The Worst Things Health Inspectors Have Seen in a Restaurant - MoneyWise.com - November 21st, 2019
- Baby raccoon euthanized after having rat trap stuck to its paw for a week - Victoria News - November 21st, 2019
- Tops Day Nursery closes over rat infestation - New Milton Advertiser and Lymington Times - November 21st, 2019
- Look Out for Pack Rats and Mice this Winter - Green Valley News - November 17th, 2019
- Mum disgusted to be told 'eat mice' after complaining to landlord about rodents - Mirror Online - November 17th, 2019
- Cockroaches on the rise in Calgary - CityNews Calgary - November 17th, 2019
- How to get rid of rats from your home - The Times - November 17th, 2019
- Rat catchers make 130 St Jamess Hospital visits in just three years - Extra.ie - November 17th, 2019
- School's mouse infestation forces closure of the kitchen for more than a week - Gazette Live - November 17th, 2019
- How to get rid of mice - Western Exterminator - October 2nd, 2019
- The 10 Best Mice Exterminators Near Me (with ... - Thumbtack - October 1st, 2019
- Mouse Control: Appearance, Signs & Removal of Mice - April 12th, 2019
- How Much Is An Exterminator For Mice? (A Quick Guide ... - April 5th, 2019
- 2019 Mouse Exterminator Cost (Average) - PestWiki - March 18th, 2019
- Port St Lucie and Jupiter Florida Pest Control and Bug ... - March 7th, 2019
- Local Pest Control Phoenix, AZ | Western Exterminator - February 11th, 2019
- How to Get Rid of Mice: The Ultimate Guide for Mice ... - October 31st, 2018
- 2018 Rat, Mice & Raccoon Removal Cost | Extermination Prices - September 8th, 2018
- Pest Force - Pest Control and Pest Exterminator Edmonton - June 15th, 2018
- mouse exterminators - Mice Riddance - April 1st, 2018