Most of the time when you think of ants you probably ants crawling around the kitchen floor or across the ground and through the grass, building their ant mounds. However, there are certain species of ants that do have wings, swarm and will fly. Usually this happens during key points of the year and indicates a colony is about to build a nest somewhere around your home.
Many times people confuse flying ants and termites. However, there are distinctive differences between the two types of insects and they are important to know.
For an expert inspection for flying ants around your home, be sure to contact Ehrlich Pest Control to discuss the ant problem and schedule treatment services.
Flying ants are different than flying termites. Flying termites come out in the spring and are often the first indication that a serious, potentially damaging, termite infestation might be in the works on your property. Termites and ants require different treatment methods, so knowing the difference is key.
Termites are generally smaller than ants and their wings are the same length and generally longer than the body.
The shape of the antenna is different from ants to termites. Termites have straight antenna and flying ants have bent antenna.
The shape of the abdomen is also different between the termite and the flying ant. Flying ants have thin abdomens and appear as segments. Termites tend to have straight-looking abdomens that do not have as many segments.
Ants fly and appear in swarms for much the same reason that termites do. They are getting ready to reach out and start a new colony. They fly in order to find a good place to start a colony and to look for suitable mates.
Much of the time flying ants will emerge and set out on their swarming flights after a heavy rain, but they can also come out at other times. This often means rainy seasons see the highest number of flying ants, but because ants fly to create new colonies, they can swarm at any time of the year.
Carpenter ants and pharaoh ants are just two species of ant that have flying ants in their colonies. Although carpenter ants can chew through wood and create property damage, generally speaking flying ants are not dangerous. They are not more likely to bite and they are not poisonous. They are, however, annoying and a swarm of flying ants does not look good and can lead to a full on ant infestation around your home.
Ehrlich Pest Control flying ant specialist can help seek out their nests and figure out how they are getting inside your home. We also offer the most effective solutions to get rid of the existing colony and then search for solutions to prevent them from returning.
Don't try dealing with flying ants on your own. Contact Ehrlich Pest Control today and discuss getting rid of flying ants today.
Follow this link:
How to Get Rid of Flying Ants | Ehrlich Pest Control
- DaBaby And Quavo's 'Pick Up' Video Finds Them In Many Wacky Situations - UPROXX - September 4th, 2020
- Latest trends & growing demand of Agricultural Pest Control Market Leading Players Expected to Witness the Highest Growth 2026 | Rentokil,... - August 31st, 2020
- Around the House: Carpenter ants a nuisance, but not threat like termites - Colorado Springs Gazette - August 23rd, 2020
- Reds Ants vs. Black Ants: Top Differences and How to Kill Both - Prevention.com - August 10th, 2020
- What Chemicals do Exterminators Use for Ants? - Pest Samurai - July 12th, 2020
- How to Get Rid of Ants Exterminator - July 12th, 2020
- Keeping bugs at bay in outdoor spaces - News from southeastern Connecticut - theday.com - July 10th, 2020
- Safe Ways To Kill Pests On Your Property Without Toxic Chemicals - RealtyBizNews: Real Estate News - RealtyBizNews - June 17th, 2020
- The best ant traps, killers, and repellents - Business Insider - Business Insider - June 14th, 2020
- 7 'Pests' That Are Actually Good for Your Yard and Garden - SFGate - June 14th, 2020
- God Cleans Cosmos After Discovering Universe Infested With Ants - The Onion - May 8th, 2020
- How to Get Rid of Ants in Your House - What Kills Ants for Good? - Prevention.com - April 30th, 2020
- Termite Inspection - Motley Fool - April 29th, 2020
- Ants Exterminator | Ant Killer | Carpenter Ants | Ant | Pest - April 20th, 2020
- Not the Magna Mater They Had in Mind: Stephen King's Graveyard Shift - tor.com - March 6th, 2020
- 5 Worst House Pests and How To Eliminate Them - theseeker.ca - February 29th, 2020
- Natural Ant Killers and Ant Control Tips to Get Rid of ... - January 20th, 2020
- King of the Hill: 10 Best Dale Episodes | CBR - CBR - January 15th, 2020
- Bugs In the House: A Guide - Nature World News - December 30th, 2019
- Synergy is Proud to Announce They Are Jackson Mississippi's Top-Rated Local Pest Control Companies Award Winner - Press Release - Digital Journal - November 28th, 2019
- How to handle the ants in your house - The Gazette Western University's Newspaper - November 26th, 2019
- Bug Infestation Drove Lansing Woman Up The Wall, But Landlords Efforts To Fix It Fell Short - CBS Chicago - November 19th, 2019
- Ants in the Home: When to call an Exterminator | The Bug Man - November 9th, 2019
- How to Get Rid of Pharaoh Ants - Do-It-Yourself Pest Control - October 20th, 2019
- Seattle, WA Pest Control | Western Exterminator - October 14th, 2019
- South Florida Pest Control & Termite Exterminators | Hulett - October 14th, 2019
- 6 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Ants - Western Exterminator ... - October 4th, 2019
- Ant Exterminator - insightpestnorthwest.com - September 12th, 2019
- Carpenter Ants: How to Get Rid of Black Carpenter Ants - September 8th, 2019
- 10 Fascinating Facts About Ants - ThoughtCo - June 2nd, 2019
- Do I Need an Exterminator To Get Rid of Ants? | COMBAT - April 26th, 2019
- Ants | Pest Control Omaha - Exterminator | Omaha Pest ... - April 4th, 2019
- Black Ants: Bite, Types, Size | Western Exterminator - February 15th, 2019
- AAA Exterminating Co - Exterminator Termite Control - February 10th, 2019
- Pest Control for Greensboro Charlotte Raleigh and Central NC - January 25th, 2019
- Ant Control - Dealing with Ants | Western Exterminator - January 10th, 2019
- Ants and Ant Control - Eastside Exterminators - November 21st, 2018
- Carpenter Ants Exterminator in CT | EliminateEm - October 11th, 2018
- Carpenter ants in Chicago best ant pest control exterminator - July 23rd, 2018
- Ant Control: Pest Control for Ants by Arrow Exterminators - July 12th, 2018
- Cost to Hire an Ant Exterminator - Estimates and Prices at ... - May 24th, 2018
- Exterminator in Connecticut - Bee Smart Pest Control - May 13th, 2018
- Carpenter Ant Control - Get Rid of Carpenter Ants - Orkin.com - May 11th, 2018
- Ant Exterminator in Buffalo, NY - Buffalo Exterminating - May 11th, 2018
- Ant Control & Ant Killer Products | DIY Ant Pest Control - April 5th, 2018
- Borax to Kill Ants | Ant Exterminator Blog - February 22nd, 2018
- Ant Control & Ant Killer Products | Do My Own - November 20th, 2017
- Pest Control Secaucus, NJ, | Exterminator Cost Secaucus ... - November 14th, 2017
- Exterminator Reveals Cheap Secret: Never see ants in your ... - September 26th, 2017
- Pest Control Products and Services Market Projected to Reflect 5.4% CAGR by 2026 - Digital Journal - September 7th, 2017
- It's Northwest spider season; what you can do around your home - KIRO Seattle - September 5th, 2017
- High Heat Sparks Ant Invasion CBS Los Angeles - CBS Los Angeles - September 1st, 2017
- Condo Smarts: Signs of pests call for quick action - The Province - September 1st, 2017
- Texas Floods Bring Floating Fire Ant Colonies - PCT Magazine - September 1st, 2017
- Friday, August 25, 2017 - LWW Journals (blog) - August 25th, 2017
- Column: Round the Town with Karen Wyant - Jackson County Times-Journal (blog) - August 14th, 2017
- Cynthia Drummond: Signs of transition from summer to fall - The Westerly Sun - August 14th, 2017
- Gardening column: Follow these tips to ensure healthy raspberry and blackberry bushes - News Sentinel - August 12th, 2017
- Invasion of the Sugar Ants - Longmont Observer - August 9th, 2017
- Bar Rescue Episode Transforms Bug-Infested Liquid Lounge Into The Tidal Bay Beach Bar - Long Beach Post - August 9th, 2017
- Limb Days and election application deadlines approaching - Hays Free Press - July 31st, 2017
- Fire Ant Fears Boost Japan Pesticide Maker to 30-Year High ... - Bloomberg - July 5th, 2017
- Experience has Produced a Leader In Omaha Miller Pest & Termite - Digital Journal (press release) - July 5th, 2017
- Marvel Takes Home 4 2017 Saturn Awards - Marvel (press release) (registration) (blog) - July 1st, 2017
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Debuts First Official Trailer - News | Marvel.com - Marvel (press release) (registration) (blog) - June 29th, 2017
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Unveils First Poster - Marvel (press release) (registration) (blog) - June 26th, 2017
- The Defenders Strike a Pose in New Poster - Marvel (press release) (registration) (blog) - June 25th, 2017
- The season for unwanted pests - 1011now - June 24th, 2017
- 'Marvel's Rocket & Groot' Eligible for Outstanding Short ... - Marvel.com - Marvel (press release) (registration) (blog) - June 22nd, 2017
- Vote 'Marvel's Agents of SHIELD' At The Teen Choice Awards 2017 - Marvel (press release) (registration) (blog) - June 21st, 2017
- Everyday cheapskate: Make your own safe and effective ant spray ... - Herald & Review - June 19th, 2017
- Make your own safe ant spray - Coos Bay World - June 17th, 2017
- The Avengers Must Reunite to Defeat the Kabal in - News | Marvel ... - Marvel (press release) (registration) (blog) - June 17th, 2017
- The Top Five Exterminators in Movies - TVOvermind - June 15th, 2017
- The Kitchn: Can lemon peels really keep ants away? - Orlando Sentinel - June 13th, 2017
- 10 things to keep in mind about fire ants - Island Packet - June 12th, 2017
- Large spider climbs into ND woman's home, turns out it's common for our area - Valley News Live - June 10th, 2017
- Bullet Ant - Ask The Exterminator - June 8th, 2017
- Ant-Man Shrinks Into Action With 3 New Animated Shorts - Marvel (press release) (registration) (blog) - June 8th, 2017
- Carpenter ants, bats besiege houses - Rochester Democrat and Chronicle - June 3rd, 2017