Click Free Pest Control Quoteto fill in a form to obtain a free pest control quote today.
Best Termite Treatments
The best termite treatments deal with infestations at the place of origin. Unlike termite sprays, full termite treatments involve treating the insides of walls, underneath a homes foundation, the soil around the perimeter of the home and more. Treatments for significant infestations will completely exterminate your home of termites, and keep them from returning. The following are the six best termite treatments for your home
Termites love old wood. If your home is too new to have rotting wood, termites can still find their way in; however, a spot treatment will be sufficient. Spot treatments are localized to an area of infestation. They are cheaper and quicker than full treatments and can be easily administered without a professionals help.
However, the bulk of termite infestations require a more comprehensive solution. This article explores the differences and benefits to the six best long-term, full termite treatment options available. But first, lets run through the basics
Termites have basically evolved from cockroaches. There are over 3,000 known species of termites with more discovered every year. A termite colony consists of two hierarchies: fertile and infertile. Infertile males and females are known as workers. Fertile males are called Kings and every colony has at least one, but possibly two fertile females called queens.
As with ants or bees, the colony can only be destroyed by killing the queen. Though hated by homeowners, termites are essential for the ecosystem. They perform the decomposition and composting of dead and rotting vegetation. Without termites, the forests would be ripe with smelly rotup to your knees.
Termites process natural waste and produce soluble nutrient for the land. That being said, termites will eat your home up one side and down the other if they find it. Termites reproduce compulsively and continuously. The colony is constantly growing in numbers. In a span of three to four decades, termite colonies can grow to be over a million strong.
This is a serious concern for buildings that are in the remote country, wooded areas, woodlands, state preserves, and national parks. Worse still, it doesnt take a million termites to destroy a home. All it takes is a young colony of a few hundred termites to start chipping away at the integrity of your homes supporting beams and floorboards.
If you are worried about a possible infestation, use this checklist to assess the problem. There are several ways to check if you have termites. Check your homes
If your floor is laminate or hardwood skirting boards, look for blistering and sagging. Walk around your house and take note of every location where the floor feels spongy or has unusual spring. These are signs of termites under the floor.
Termites love to eat the wooden timber uprights and supporting beams inside your walls. Termites love cellulose, which is found in wood so any lumber on the interior of your house is susceptible. If termites get into the walls, they can easily get into the ceiling. Look for cracks that run in the direction of the wall and ceilings inner beams.
Termites cannot eat through your concrete foundation; however, they can squeeze between the smallest of cracks. If you live somewhere that gets a hot summer and cold winter, temperature changes will cause foundation slabs to form cracks over timejust like a driveway. Once termites are through the concrete foundation, they feast on the homes wooden floor joists. If your floors feel spongy, it is an indicator of termites in the floor joists, which means they made it through the foundation.
Termites can find their way to the frames of windows and doors, which causes irregularities in the frame. Doors become unexpectedly difficult to open or shut correctly when termites are feasting on the frames. With a hammer, pry off a segment of the affected frame to check for tunneling on the backside.
The best early warning signs of an oncoming termite infestation, are in the garden or backyard. Termites will make themselves apparent outdoors, before migrating into the home. Your homes property is prime for a termite infestation if your gardens fence posts are losing structural integrity from rot, becoming misshapen, or if tree branches are falling unexpectedly. Termites will target any untreated timber, such as natural wooden posts and trees before they become apparent in the home.
Termites like to get into a home through the roof. Termites are suckers for moist timber and loose roof tiles will drip rainwater onto the wooden roof beams below. Older homes are especially susceptible to this problem. Make sure that your roof does not have any waterlogged tiles or loose attachments.
If you unexpectedly find small, dark brown, seed-sized pellets on the floors and windowsills of your home, you have termites. This is the excrement of a termite and a clear sign of infestation. Termites also have wings for part of their lives and will shed their wings halfway through their life. Termite wings the size of a quarter and are opaque and tan.
Subterranean Termites build mud tubes, which are made of dirt and their own excrement. They are not hazardous to healthunlike bat droppingsbut anywhere there are mud tubes, there are termites as well. Check your homes exterior walls for squiggly brown tubes that meander across the outer face. The first place termites will go is where there is a free meal. Begin with areas where you store firewood, lumber or any other natural wood substance that is placed up against the exterior walls of your house.
At the end of the day, you will need a professionals opinion in order to truly assess any damage. If you are worried about termites, but you dont see any clear indicatorsthat doesnt mean youre in the clearyou still need a professional assessment. Termites hide beneath the surface.
If you know that you have termites in your home, it is crucial to understand the extent to which the infestation has grown. For newer homes, a professional can tell you with any certainty where the localized infestation is and how you can treat it. If the problem is more extensive, a pest control specialist will offer consultation on the best termite treatments available for your home.
If your home is at the building stage, we highly recommend having all timbers pretreated with Borate, as well as performing a soil treatment. This will give your home conclusive protection against the possibility of future termite colonies moving in. For existing termite infestations in older homes, the best termite treatment is a full fumigation. Newer homes will be sufficiently served by a liquid and spot treatment.
Homes that are remotely located or among dense foliage will need a preventative soil treatment around the foundation of the structure. Talk to a professional termite or pest control specialist to ask about the best termite treatments for your home. We hope you enjoyed reading about the six best termite treatments for your home. If you have questions or have used one of the treatments mentioned above, feel free to leave us a comment. Thanks for reading!
Read more from the original source:Top 6 Best Termite Treatments | Updated for 2019
Click Free Exterminator Quoteto fill in a form to obtain a free exterminator quote today.
Follow this link:
Top 6 Best Termite Treatments | Updated for 2019 | NYC …
- U.S. Pest Control - Official Site - March 10th, 2019
- Termites: How to Identify and Control Them | Pest Control ... - March 10th, 2019
- Pest Control Pennsylvania | Bed Bug, Exterminator ... - March 10th, 2019
- Preferred Termite and Pest Control Pennsville NJ Exterminator - February 26th, 2019
- St Petersburg Pest Control Services - Tampa, Naples and Ft ... - January 29th, 2019
- Mooresville Pest Control | Termites & Ants Local ... - November 28th, 2018
- Truly Nolen Pest Control, Termite Control & Exterminator - November 28th, 2018
- Pest Control & Exterminators For Bed Bugs, Termites, Bees ... - October 16th, 2018
- Pest Control OKC - Exterminator OK | (405) 622-5999 ... - October 16th, 2018
- Termite Exterminator - Pasadena Pest Control Pros - October 3rd, 2018
- Downey Termite Exterminator - Olathe Pest Control Pros - October 3rd, 2018
- Athens Termite Exterminator - Athens Pest Control Pros - October 3rd, 2018
- League City Termite Exterminator - League City Pest ... - September 29th, 2018
- Clermont Termite Exterminator - Clermont Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Bellevue Termite Exterminator - Bellevue Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Mansfield Termite Exterminator - Mansfield Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Abilene Termite Exterminator - Abilene Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Coppell Termite Exterminator - Coppell Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Renton Termite Exterminator - Renton Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Southlake Termite Exterminator - Southlake Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Irving Termite Exterminator - Irving Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Termite Control Products | Termite Sprays & Baits | Fast ... - September 7th, 2018
- Rapid Pest Control Atlanta | Termites, Ants, Rats, All ... - July 1st, 2018
- Termite Control Company Phoenix, AZ | Blue Sky Pest - July 1st, 2018
- Termites - Manhasset Pest Control and Exterminator - June 6th, 2018
- Termites In Memphis Tn | Termite Exterminator - May 29th, 2018
- Pest Control: Termites at The Home Depot - May 23rd, 2018
- The Best Termite Control & Prevention Services - May 19th, 2018
- Termite Pictures: Photo Gallery with Images - April 1st, 2018
- NJ Pest Control | Serving Morristown NJ - February 7th, 2018
- Exterminator's Of Bugs & Termites - Fumigation Worx - Pest ... - December 2nd, 2017
- Termite Extermination | Termite Control - November 30th, 2017
- Arizona Pest Control | Tucson Termite Control Experts - November 21st, 2017
- Termite Control Products - Termite Treatment | Do My Own ... - November 21st, 2017
- Drywood Termites: Control & Identification - Orkin.com - October 25th, 2017
- Commissioners scratch for answer to bed bug problem - Salina Journal - September 8th, 2017
- Pest Control Services Market to Record an Exponential CAGR of 5.4% by 2026 - LANews By Abhishek Budholiya (press release) (blog) - September 8th, 2017
- Condo Smarts: Act fast to rid strata of pests - Times Colonist - August 30th, 2017
- Indy ranks eighth-worst for bed bugs - Fox 59 - August 25th, 2017
- Arrow Exterminators Announces 2017 Internal Scholarship Contest Winners - PCT Magazine - August 20th, 2017
- By 2026, Pest Control Services market will cross more than US$ 22 ... - Finance Wire - August 18th, 2017
- One of country's largest pest control companies, based in Reading ... - Lehigh Valley Business - August 2nd, 2017
- Have mice in your Lake Tahoe home? You're not alone! | South ... - South Tahoe Now - August 2nd, 2017
- Intensive Pest Control Service Offers Free Termite Inspections In Long Beach - Digital Journal - July 31st, 2017
- Berries, bugs and boogers - Lewistown Sentinel - July 2nd, 2017
- Pest Control Services Market to Grow at a CAGR of 5.4% in Term of Value by 2026 - LANews By Abhishek Budholiya (press release) (blog) - June 22nd, 2017
- Suspect in Big Blue Bug vandalism surrenders | WJAR - Turn to 10 - June 21st, 2017
- Exterminator tenting will close City Hall and Lightner - Historic City News - June 18th, 2017
- Veteran musicians join forces to open Festival Jam 2017 - Salina Journal (subscription) - June 8th, 2017
- Kalamazoo Pest Control Pros in Michigan Launches New Website ... - Digital Journal - June 6th, 2017
- Termite Control Orange County - Good Herald - June 4th, 2017
- Arrow Exterminators Acquires Gary's Quality Pest Control - PCT Magazine - June 2nd, 2017
- Industry Mourns Loss of Norm Cooper - PCT Magazine - May 31st, 2017
- Termites force Apopka to tear down Edwards Field bleachers - Orlando Sentinel - May 29th, 2017
- When 'lolas' get involved with graduation balls - Inquirer.net - May 28th, 2017
- Apopka police headquarters bugged by termites - Orlando Sentinel - May 20th, 2017
- Everything You Should Know About Flying Termites - May 19th, 2017
- Five Things You Didn't Know About Billy Bretherton - TVOvermind - May 12th, 2017
- Exterminators seeing more termites, 'swarmers' pop up from fluctuating weather - KTUL - May 4th, 2017
- How to rid your home of those irritating pests - Daily Nation - May 3rd, 2017
- Truly An Original - Palisades Hudson Financial Group - May 3rd, 2017
- Courage and Cowardice in the Vietnam War's Final Hours - National Review - May 3rd, 2017
- Termite Swarms - Ask The Exterminator - May 1st, 2017
- Intensive Pest Control Offers Free Termite Inspections in Orange County - PRUnderground (press release) - April 28th, 2017
- Exterminator Hurt running unopposed for Council Place 4 - ReporterNews.com - April 23rd, 2017
- Early termite swarms not new to south Louisiana - StMaryNow.com - April 20th, 2017
- Warm, humid weather has termites out in droves | Shanghai Daily - Shanghai Daily (subscription) - April 19th, 2017
- Salon owner in Jacksonville's Springfield neighborhood says termites swarmed her building - WOKV - April 15th, 2017
- Why can't things just be simpler like the old days? - Bluefield Daily Telegraph - April 13th, 2017
- 10 Fascinating Facts About Termites - thoughtco.com - April 12th, 2017
- Salon owner in Jacksonville's Springfield neighborhood says ... - ActionNewsJax.com - April 12th, 2017
- Wettest winter on record brings spring pests - KOLO - April 6th, 2017
- Termite fumigation to shut down Apopka police headquarters for 3 days - WFTV Orlando - April 5th, 2017
- Expect more mosquitoes, termites, moths and beetles this year - The San Diego Union-Tribune - April 2nd, 2017
- Romex Pest &# Termite Control in McKinney Opens - MENAFN.COM - April 2nd, 2017
- DONALD CONKEY: Trump ridding Washington of political termites - Cherokee Tribune Ledger News - March 23rd, 2017
- Top Towns for Termites | Builder Magazine | Wood - Builder Magazine - March 22nd, 2017
- With 'fibrary' on hold, a lower-cost facelift is planned for Corona del Mar library - Los Angeles Times - March 22nd, 2017
- WATCH: Pest controller finds huge huntsman, 100 spider babies living in Queensland roof - Yahoo7 News - March 16th, 2017
- Australian exterminator stumbles upon big, beautiful spider family just hanging out doing their thing - Death and Taxes - March 14th, 2017