Snake Removal Near You!Snakes in your home, garden or rock piles? Those slithering serpents are probably harmless. Critter Control can help you deal with snakes in a humane and rational way. If you see a snake and are concerned, call Critter Control at 800 CRITTER and our trained technicians can oftentimes catch the snake if it is still there. Description
Snakes are scaly, legless reptiles that slither across the ground and constantly taste the air by flicking out their forked tongues.
Some types are venomous, including:
Most species of venomous snakes are pit vipers, which can navigate their environment and hunt using infrared-sensing receptors that allow them to detect the heat of their prey.
Venomous and non-venomous snakes have differing characteristics, which makes them easy to distinguish.
Triangle-shaped headsAll venomous vipers have triangle-shaped heads and pits between their eyes and nostrils containing infrared-sensing organs. Most venomous species also have elliptical-shaped pupils as opposed to the round pupils found in other snakes. Western rattlesnakes are easy to identify due to the distinctive rattle at the end of their tail, which they shake when threatened to warn of their presence.
The majority of snakes found in the United States are not dangerous and are in fact quite beneficial, such as the common eastern garter snake, which preys upon small rodents like mice and rats.
Narrow headsEastern garter snakes are non-venomous and therefore have narrow heads and lack the extra sensory receptors of pit vipers. They are typically black in color with three bright yellow stripes running the length of their bodies. Some snakes may grow several feet in length, while others can be quite small, never reaching more than a few inches.
Usually dark areasAlmost all snakes adapt to suit specific habitats, and most have certain requirements that dictate where they prefer to live. Most species live in dark, damp areas with plenty of cover, such as in wood piles, un-mowed lawns with tall grass, beneath overgrown shrubbery, near pond banks, within heavily mulched flower beds, or even in unkempt basements.
Other animals densSnakes will also occasionally occupy the abandoned burrows of other small animals. Some types of snakes live among trees or in the ocean. As carnivorous predators, snakes prefer to live near places with abundant rodent or insect populations.
More info about what snakes like to eat.
Snakes also bask in the sunlight on warm days, since, as cold-blooded animals, they rely on external heat sources to regulate their body temperature.
Are snakes known to enter homes or yards?Snakes enter homes and yards in search of food or sheltered places to hibernate for the winter. Areas that attract rodents, such as houses, barns, commercial food processing centers, and gardens, also attract snakes. Dark, damp places in yards such as piles of lumber, discarded tires, and loose rocks all make suitable hiding places for snakes, who retreat to safety to digest after catching a promising meal.
Do snakes harm people or property?Generally, the most harm snakes ever do is frighten people. Snakes may bite if cornered or grabbed, though only the bites of venomous snakes are dangerous. The reptiles do not attack humans, and non-venomous bites do little more than produce a painful puncture wound.
The bites of venomous snakes, however, can be lethal if not treated immediately. Vipers strike out quickly at people who come too close and startle them or attempt to grab and handle them, injecting venom through needle-like fangs that causes immediate swelling and pain. Despite the unpleasant side effects, lethal snake bites are one of the least common causes of death in the United States. Snakes do not cause damage to property.
The best way to control snake populations is to remove potential sources of food and shelter. Clearing yards of refuse piles and frequently mowing grass helps discourage snakes from making their homes in residential lawns. Sealing up cracks and gaps along exterior walls with fine mesh or caulk also proves effective.
To eliminate potential food sources, take steps to control rodent and insect populations, such as maintaining clean living spaces and storing food in rodent-proof containers. In areas with high native snake populations, snake-proof fences may be erected to keep the slithery pests away from children in play areas, though enclosing entire yards with snake-proof fencing often proves prohibitively expensive.
After snake removal from the yard or house, homeowners will want to do all they can to prevent more of these pests from getting inside. Snake exclusion may include anything from replacing window screens and filling in cracks to closing off gaps under porches. A wildlife control expert can suggest custom solutions to fit any property.
In most states, non-venomous snakes are protected from indiscriminate killing. Contact the experienced wildlife professionals at Critter Control to take care of dangerous or problematic snakes, and never handle the heads of freshly killed venomous snakes, as they may still be able to inject venom through a bite reflex which lingers for a short period of time.
We can help you get rid of snake problems. Call today: 1-800-CRITTER
Its snake season again and our offices are busy removing snakes from homes, outbuildings and yards. Theres simply no place these amazing slithering creatures cant get to. If youre having problems with snakes, please call1-800-CRITTER(274-8837) and a Critter Control Specialist can help you.
Read more here:
Snake Control: Trapping & Removal Service
- Samuel L. Jackson - IMDb - February 21st, 2019
- FastGames - LA Rex - February 21st, 2019
- Best Plants that Naturally Repel Snakes | Updated for 2019 ... - February 1st, 2019
- Fire Ants And Snakes - kiltertermiteandpestcontrol.com - September 29th, 2018
- Plainfield, NJ Animal Removal & Pest Wildlife Control - September 20th, 2018
- How to Get Rid of Snakes | Snake Repellents | Snake Traps - July 2nd, 2018
- Pest Control Service Exterminator Riverside, CA - June 25th, 2018
- Local Pest Exterminator Service Centers for Fayetteville, GA - June 22nd, 2018
- Snakes | Catseye Pest Control - June 17th, 2018
- Tell Us: Snakes in the House? | The Old Farmer's Almanac - May 2nd, 2018
- Snake Control & Removal - Get Rid of Snakes - Orkin.com - April 1st, 2018
- Do your own pest control | Family Handyman - March 18th, 2018
- Snake Control - Snake Poison - domyown.com - January 23rd, 2018
- Reno, NV Exterminator Services | Pest Control Company - December 29th, 2017
- How to Get Rid of Snakes - Do-It-Yourself Pest Control - October 17th, 2017
- Cheapest Pest Control in Singapore | GreenCare - October 4th, 2017
- My 5 Days With Billy The Exterminator | Pest Cemetery - October 3rd, 2017
- Getting Rid of Snakes | ThriftyFun - September 29th, 2017
- Snake Poison - Do It Yourself Pest Control, Lawn Care ... - September 5th, 2017
- Outdoors: Rattlers once thrived in SB - South Bend Tribune - September 3rd, 2017
- How to Keep Snakes Away Fast: 5 Methods Youre Overlooking ... - August 30th, 2017
- 6 Critters You Might See This Summer - UC Davis - August 22nd, 2017
- Black widow: is Virginia's only native venomous spider lurking beneath your bed? - Rappahannock News - August 12th, 2017
- Bucky Gleason: Football mission takes UB senior from Bayou to Buffalo - Buffalo News - August 5th, 2017
- Common Eastern Garter Snake - Control & Removal - July 31st, 2017
- The Strain recap: 'One Shot' - EW.com (blog) - July 31st, 2017
- Billy The Exterminator - Reality Stars Net Worth - July 3rd, 2017
- Get rid of snakes in my house - Orkin.com - June 26th, 2017
- Woman wrestles huge black snake in home animal battle video ... - Daily Star - June 12th, 2017
- Exterminator discovers incredible find in local chimney - baby bobcats - FH Times - June 3rd, 2017
- Afghanistan: Was It Worth It? - America's 1st Freedom (press release) (blog) - May 23rd, 2017
- Billy the Exterminator has beaver troubles and deals with snakes on a boat - Monsters and Critics.com - April 15th, 2017
- 411MANIA | Ask 411 Wrestling: Breaking Down Shawn Michaels ... - 411mania.com - March 18th, 2017
- Large python tries to hide in car outside Davie home - Sun Sentinel - February 19th, 2017
- Briefs - Mohave Valley News - February 19th, 2017
- Police pull python playing mechanic from under the hood - CNET - February 17th, 2017
- How to Get Rid of Snakes in the Garage | eHow - December 3rd, 2016
- Snake Removal and Control - Rid-A-Critter - December 3rd, 2016
- Get Rid of Snakes | Connor's Termite & Pest Control - December 1st, 2016
- Professional Pest Control & Exterminator | Mesa, Gilbert ... - November 14th, 2016
- How to Get Rid of Garter Snakes | eHow - November 4th, 2015
- Watch Billy the Exterminator Videos - A&E - October 20th, 2015
- How to Keep Snakes Out of a Camper | eHow - October 20th, 2015
- Arrow Pest Control Exterminator & Wildlife Management - October 12th, 2015
- Pest Control Services | Angies List - October 4th, 2015
- Billy the Exterminator : Swamp Monster - aetv - September 25th, 2015
- Snake-A-Way snake repellent - PEST PRODUCTS - September 18th, 2015
- Florida Snakes - Catseye Pest Control - September 15th, 2015
- Snake Removal | Snake Exterminators - September 10th, 2015
- Snake Control techniques which are responsible and effective - September 7th, 2015
- NJ Pest Control | Wildlife Removal | 24 Hour Exterminator - September 7th, 2015
- Snake Pictures, SNAKES, Pictures Of Snakes - PEST PRODUCTS - September 4th, 2015
- Snake Removal, Trapping, and Proofing - Abolish Pest Control - August 28th, 2015
- Snake Away, Snake-A-Way Snake Repellent - Free Shipping - August 22nd, 2015
- Snakes | Exterminators - August 1st, 2015
- Pestproducts.com - Professional Pest Control Products And ... - July 31st, 2015
- Snakes In and Around the House - National... - July 2nd, 2015
- Poisonous Snakes, Venom, Snake Pictures - PEST PRODUCTS - July 2nd, 2015
- The Pest Depot - July 2nd, 2015
- Snake-A-Way Snake Repelling Granules - Pest Control Store - July 2nd, 2015
- Snake Control - Snake Poison - Do It Yourself Pest Control ... - June 24th, 2015
- Coral Snakes, coral snake, pictures - PEST PRODUCTS - June 23rd, 2015
- Pest Control for Pest Animals, Birds and Snakes - June 13th, 2015
- Snake Exterminators in Connecticut | EliminateEm - June 6th, 2015
- Snake Exterminators - Extermination of Snakes - June 1st, 2015
- Snake Control:Get Rid of Snakes - Removal & Repellents ... - June 1st, 2015
- Watch the Snake, Rattle and Roll Full Episode - Billy the ... - May 20th, 2015
- Garter Snakes - Ask The Exterminator - May 19th, 2015
- Billy the Exterminator - Episodes, Video & Schedule - A&E - May 19th, 2015
- VA Pest Control | DC Pest Control | Baltimore MD Pest ... - May 19th, 2015
- Snake In The House - How To Keep Snakes Out Of House! - Video - November 1st, 2012
- a snake in the duck blind - Video - November 1st, 2012
- Billy the Exterminator: Rattling - Video - October 13th, 2012
- Toddler Recovering After Copperhead Snake Bite - September 28th, 2012
- NYC Best: Paul Rudd, Brooklyn Books, Bon Iver, Met Opera - September 21st, 2012
- A&E Brings Back "Parking Wars" and "Billy the Exterminator" for All New Seasons on Saturday, October 6 - September 21st, 2012
- Caseville fireworks store has big stuff that once was big trouble - June 28th, 2012
- Hometownstations.com-WLIO- Lima, OH News Weather Sports'Billy the Exterminator' faces La. drug charges - June 6th, 2012
- 'Billy the Exterminator' arrested for synthetic marijuana possession - June 6th, 2012
- Wildlife Removal in Atlanta, GA - Video - January 28th, 2012