Rats and mice are a big problem in the Bay Area. The Hitmen Termite & Pest Control have a program to rid the structures of these creatures. We do not use poison bait as rodents can die inside walls, ceilings, or other inaccessible areas causing flies and ghastly odors.
The Hitmen Termite & Pest Control specialize in different trapping techniques and the exclusion with our rodent control services.
Rodent and Small Animal Control Services Include:
The Hitmen Termite & Pest Controlhas trained technicians to do rodent proofing or repairs on your property. This is a very important part of controlling rodents in the long-term.
Small Animal Control
Trapping small animals is always the last resort for The Hitmen Termite & Pest Control.In most cases we use techniques to exit the animals and permanent repairs to keep them out for the future. The animals then move on and find a new home usually out in natural areas.
Frequently Asked Questions
Rodents are outside pests that have found harborage inside the structure, usually the attic, sub area or both. They enter and leave the structure on a daily basis to forage for food and water. Since they move by kinetic memory, a full inspection of the structure is needed to ascertain where the rodents are moving so we can determine where to best place traps and seal entry points. Along with this inspection, we will be creating an Exclusion Plan that will detail recommended exclusion repairs and a trapping schedule.
Exclusion is the process of our technician inspecting the property then detailing possible entry points into your structure. We then propose specific repairs of these areas. As experts in exclusion we encourage you to have us do the repairs, however, you may do them yourselves or hire another contractor to perform the repairs. Once the repairs are completed, the trapping process eliminates the rest of the population.
Without doing the proposed exclusion work, the trapping process could continue indefinitely. When the exclusion process is completed, you can reasonably expect the trapping process to take around a month to be effective. Rodents are neophobic, meaning that they are skeptical of new objects in their living environment (your home) and reluctant to move near any new object(s) until they get used to their presence. Once familiar with the item being in their area, they are willing to explore the possibility of the object(s) being a potential food source. This is where proper placement of our traps combined with the exclusion process is at its greatest advantage. Once sealed in, the rodents will be forced to use our traps as a primary food source and thus become trapped. We will repeat this process until the traps have been clear for a couple of weeks. At that point, we will consider the entire process completed.
The servicing technician will make these suggestions to you when he/she is done with the initial Exclusion Plan. At the bottom of the graph there are four boxes that will indicate what the property owner can do to help reduce the overall presence of rodents around the structure. These suggestions will range from trimming overhanging tree branches from the roofline to removal of wood piles and general debris or plants from the foundation line of the structure. By not allowing harborage for the rodents, you discourage the animal from further exploring or damaging the structure. Beyond that, we strongly discourage the property owner to use any baits or OTC rodenticides that may interfere with the process or that may result in unforeseen consequences like an unretrievable, rotting carcass.
Upon completion of the exclusion plan and repairs, we guarantee all parts of the repairs done by our company for one full year from the date of the completion. If a rodent breaks or damages the repair, allowing re-entry to the structure through that repair, we will return and fix the area in question for no charge. As we are dealing with motivated wild animals, they may find another area on the structure to chew through or otherwise damage and re-enter, thus more exclusion work may need to be done. This is not typical, but it does happen on occasion. Also, depending on limitations with the structure, there may be areas that we cannot inspect or a hole that we cannot see. If additional exclusion work is needed, the servicing technician will complete a separate exclusion plan and estimate. For these reasons, we cannot guarantee that we will completely solve your rodent issue the first time.
Either way, the process is similar. Though mice might not be as menacing as rats, they can be even more annoying and can reproduce faster and in greater numbers. While they may look like a little problem initially, mice can get out of hand quickly and can have similar health related issues. We would perform an inspection, suggest exclusion be done and trap until no more mice are caught and no new evidence of infestation is found.
Scientifically, it has been proven that pheromones found in the urine of rodents attract them short distances. Also, the fecal matter of rodents signals them that a food source or harborage is close. These scents, pheromones and fecal pellets can stick around for quite a while even after trapping and exclusion. Excessive rodent waste materials should be cleaned up as part of an exclusion plan preferably by professionals with the proper equipment. Note: Rodent fecal material is considered a hazardous material due to diseases it may contain. Failure to clean up may encourage rodents to damage a structure attempting to re-enter it for whatever food they may find. For details about cleaning up after rodents,The Center for Disease Control has a great link on the matter here.
Besides damaging your home or business, rodents pose a significant health threat to you and whoever else lives or works in the structure. They bring with them disease and the possibility of other pests infesting your home. The Center for Disease Control has excellent information about the various illnesses that you may be exposed to from arodent infestation here. All of this points to the necessity of having your home excluded from rodents. For more evidence about this topic, The University of California Davis has great informationon its website or here.
With 35 years of experience, The Hitmen is well prepared to professionally solve your rodent problem. All of our technicians are experienced, licensed and continually trained on the most up to date methods of rodent control, most specifically in Exclusion, or rodent-proofing your home or business. Properly trained and attentive technicians can make the process relatively quick, and effective. We also have resources to help you get you home cleaned of rodent debris and materials. To schedule an appointment for inspection of your home click here.
Read the rest here:
Rodent Control Exterminator – Hitmen Termite & Pest Control
- New Jersey Mice & Rodent Control | Exterminator For ... - April 23rd, 2018
- Mice, Rodent, and Rat Exterminator in Buffalo, NY - March 26th, 2018
- DIY Rodent Control & Traps | Rodent Extermination Products ... - March 9th, 2018
- Exterminator does the dirty work for rodent-besieged ... - January 7th, 2018
- DIY Rodent Control, Traps, and Rodent Extermination ... - November 18th, 2017
- #1 Pest Control in Chicago, Illinois! Top Exterminator for ... - October 28th, 2017
- Local rat population surging - The Daily Post - September 5th, 2017
- Pest Control Exterminator in Buffalo, NY - ProStar Pest ... - August 29th, 2017
- Couple's horror as plague of rats infests their car and EATS the engine while their other motor is littered with ... - The Sun - August 26th, 2017
- Flea Control, Treatment, and Prevention - Victoria Advocate - August 7th, 2017
- The number of rat infestations in Leicester is going up - Leicester Mercury - August 4th, 2017
- Employees say Jacksonville International Airport has major rat infestation - ActionNewsJax.com - August 4th, 2017
- Creepy creature a mix between spider, scorpion; native to Arizona - ABC2 News - August 2nd, 2017
- Calling the Pied Piper: Rats invade Petaluma - Petaluma Argus Courier - July 31st, 2017
- Feral cats in demand | Calaveras County's Most Trusted News ... - Calaveras Enterprise - July 31st, 2017
- New York unveils $32-million fight vs rats - Inquirer.net - July 13th, 2017
- Mice seen as invading City Hall - Philly.com - Philly.com - July 13th, 2017
- Hartford residents speak out on unsafe, unhealthy living conditions ... - FOX 61 - July 12th, 2017
- North End Residents Organize Against Alleged Neglect By Landlord - Hartford Courant - July 11th, 2017
- Get Rid of Rodents | pest-control.com | pest-control.com - July 10th, 2017
- Dirty Dining: Alessi Bakery's rodent infestation evident by rodent ... - ABC Action News - July 8th, 2017
- From toilet bowls to car engines, rat sightings are up at Danforth and Woodbine - CBC.ca - July 3rd, 2017
- 'They were nesting in my underpants' - John Woodhouse on the city's rodent issues - Stoke Sentinel - July 2nd, 2017
- Dirty Dining: Bombay Grill Indian Cuisine shut down for 700+ rodent droppings in kitchen - ABC Action News - June 24th, 2017
- How a Joke About Flying Squirrels Led to an Ailing Woman's Cure - New York Times - June 22nd, 2017
- DNA from Egyptian mummies and Viking graves reveals how cats conquered the world - Popular Science - June 19th, 2017
- Philly nursing home has abysmal rating and rodents, too - Philly.com - June 12th, 2017
- Rat Mob! Rodents Swarm in Myanmar Villages - Live Science - June 8th, 2017
- Villagers fight back as rat hordes swarm Irrawaddy Delta's Ngapudaw - DVB (registration) - June 6th, 2017
- Minnesota sewer rats create nightmare for homeowner - THV 11 - June 6th, 2017
- My College Roommates Were Rats - The New Yorker - June 6th, 2017
- Thursday's best TV: Paula; The Truth About HIV; Jago: A Life ... - The Guardian - May 25th, 2017
- The Arizona Department of Economic Security Is Infested With Rats (Literally) - Phoenix New Times - May 20th, 2017
- MPI's Changes To Rodent Claim Policy Could Mean Lost Local Jobs ... - PembinaValleyOnline.com - May 1st, 2017
- Rodent Control and Removal Methods | Terminix - April 29th, 2017
- Long-time Atlanta restaurant fails second health inspection in seven months - WSB Atlanta - April 19th, 2017
- Burrowing rodents threaten Central Oregon canals - The Register-Guard - April 13th, 2017
- Former employee posts video of rats in Denison Little Caesar's - KXII-TV - April 13th, 2017
- San Francisco Cockroach Exterminator Bed Bug Rodent & Ant Pest Control Announced - MilTech - April 12th, 2017
- Digging rodents threaten canal safety in Central Oregon; Ground ... - Bend Bulletin - April 12th, 2017
- Rats! Infestation forces firefighters from Riverside South station ... - Ottawa Sun - April 3rd, 2017
- Exterminators tackle Riverside South fire station rats - Ottawa Citizen - April 3rd, 2017
- Massive amounts of trash are attracting rats and ruining this neighborhood - New York Post - April 3rd, 2017
- 'Swainsboro Apartments' Facing Major Rodent Problems That Are Going Unnoticed by Management - WJBF-TV - March 30th, 2017
- Gnawing costs force Manitoba Public Insurance to change rodent claim policy - Yahoo News - March 24th, 2017
- Gnawing costs force Manitoba Public Insurance to change rodent claim policy - Brandon Sun - March 23rd, 2017
- Rat Hunters in Paris Go on Strike to Demand Pay Raise - Heat Street - March 16th, 2017
- What killed owl at Forest Lawn? Maybe not what you think. - Buffalo News - March 5th, 2017
- What killed owl at Forest Lawn? Maybe not what you think. - The ... - Buffalo News - March 2nd, 2017
- Guardian Angels take up rat control as side gig - New York Post - March 2nd, 2017
- CIRCLING THE SQUARE: The Oscars were nothing compared to my squirrels - Wicked Local Danvers - March 2nd, 2017
- Tell me all you know about the rat! - Kokomo Herald (press release) - February 25th, 2017
- Don't bother petting these cats -- they're working - CBS News - February 24th, 2017
- 'The Cat That Changed America' premieres: Documentary stars Malibuites and local advocates - Malibu Surfside News (press release) (registration)... - February 21st, 2017
- College girls hailed for rat extermination genius - New York Post - February 17th, 2017
- Bed Bugs Found at Second DC Elementary School - NBC4 Washington - February 16th, 2017
- Paris fights rat infestation - WSYR - February 16th, 2017
- Notorious slumlord owns building with disease-carrying rats - New York Post - February 16th, 2017
- Rodent-ridden Bronx building at center of urine plague becomes Health Department battleground - New York Daily News - February 16th, 2017
- The US Army vet, IDF volunteer, now in Congress - Jewish Journal - February 8th, 2017
- Rodents and Rodent Control - Do-It-Yourself Pest Control - January 7th, 2017
- MIce & Rodents Control NY, NJ, PA & MD | Exterminator For ... - December 3rd, 2016
- Pest Control in Santa Rosa, CA | Termites, Rodents & Insects - September 17th, 2016
- Rodent Pest Control - Planet Orange - September 1st, 2016
- Rodent Control - Learn Useful Rodent Control Tips - October 16th, 2015
- Rodent Control | Truly Nolen - October 12th, 2015
- Green Pest Solutions | #1 Local Insect & Rodent Exterminator - October 12th, 2015
- Rodent Control - Mouse & Squirrel Repellent | Bird-X - September 14th, 2015
- Buy Rodent Control Product at Economic Price - Pestmall - July 11th, 2015
- Pest Control > Rats > Mice > Rodents - Termite.com - July 2nd, 2015
- Rodent Control, Rodent Pest Control Products, Rodents ... - July 2nd, 2015
- Rodent Control - July 2nd, 2015
- House Mouse: Biology, Mice Rodent Control - June 13th, 2015
- Rodent Control Repellent, Traps & Removal Products ... - June 13th, 2015
- Toronto, ON Rodent Exterminator - June 10th, 2015
- Rodents - June 7th, 2015
- Award Winning Mice Exterminators | Green Pest Solutions - June 1st, 2015
- Rodent Extermination - How To Rid Your Home Now - June 1st, 2015
- Rodent Control Chicago | Exterminator Chicago | Pest ... - May 31st, 2015
- Gopher Exterminators - Gopher Patrol - Gopher and Rodent ... - May 26th, 2015