Want to know what kills cockroaches instantly? So, in this post, youll discover 4 best things you can use to kill cockroaches fast.
When you suddenly find yourself with a cockroach problem the first thing you want to know is what kills cockroaches instantly.
Cockroaches are not just a nuisance, they are also known for carrying diseases. Some of the health concerns with these diseases are typhoid, dysentery, gastroenteritis, and diarrhea.
Female cockroaches can lay as few as ten or as many as ninety eggs at one time. It only takes a few days for these eggs to hatch into babies.
As you can see, allowing your home to go untreated can quickly turn into a disaster. The guide below will help you figure out the best thing to kill cockroaches is for your home.
So what actually kills cockroaches?
There are many different treatments out there on the market.
Bait gel, boric acid, sprays, exterminators, all these are possible options for removing a roach problem from your home. However, you should weigh out the benefits of each method and then find the one that is best suited for you and your current situation.
This is considered to be the best roach killer for those wanting to treat an infestation on their own. In just a few weeks it can help take out the whole infestation.
These are easy to put in place and it makes cleaning up easy when you are finished. It doesnt require much of your time, and it will be worth the time that you do invest.
But what makes it so effective? It is how the poison from that bait works.
The acting ingredient in the bait gel is called indoxacarb. This deadly chemical is able to take out multiple roaches.
What happens is, the roach will see the bait. It will then take the bait and consume it, as well as take some back to the main nest with it.
The feces that this roach produces is also now poisonous and will kill roaches that try to feast on it.
Roaches are known for consuming dead roaches. When they consume a roach that was poisoned all those roaches will die.
As you are able to see, the many ways that this type of product helps in the killing of roaches. This is exactly what makes it so very efficient.
The method of using boric acid to kill off roaches is more natural and is becoming more popular for use.
If using boric acid correctly it can be extremely effective in killing off some of the unwanted cockroaches. This wont take out an entire infestation but it will kill the roaches that come into direct contact with it.
When a roach walks over an area where you have placed the borax it will stick to the body of the cockroach. This crystalline and mineral is extremely damaging to the exoskeleton and causes them to become dehydrated.
The roach will die within 1 to 3 days of coming into contact with the boric acid. When using the boric acid you need to do it right.
Dont just dump it on the ground, the roaches will see it just like you do. You want just a light layer to the point that you are barely able to see it.
Place this is areas that are the highest traffic for the roaches. You can place it near their food source, or areas that are humid where they like to lay and rest.
This method is best used in conjunction with another method, such as the bait gel.
Sprays are the best things to get rid of roaches instantly. It may not kill all the roaches but it will kill the ones you spray with it right away.
This is often one of the first treatments that people reach for. Many like the fact that you can spray the roach with it and see it die right then and there.
So you are now wondering what the draw back is? One is that you have to be very cautious when using this method of treatment.
Spraying too much of this poison or inhalation of it can be damaging to your own health. These sprays often leave behind a mess as well, leaving residue where it is sprayed.
These sprays are best used only under a few circumstances. One instance would be if you actually find the nest.
If you come across the nest you would want to spray the nest. Making sure to kill as many roaches as you are able to immediately.
Finally, this spray is great for use outdoors. You can use this at entrances that you feel the roaches and other bugs might be using to get into your home.
An exterminator is the best thing to kill roaches. An exterminator is sure to be able to completely remove your infestation.
It will be more of an upfront cost when it comes to treating the problem, but you wont have to keep investing time and money into the problem for weeks or months on end.
When it comes to preventing roaches an exterminator would be able to help with that as well. You should understand that prevention is just as important as treating an infestation.
Finally after you have the initial infestation under control you need to look into prevention methods. There are some things that can help with prevention that you may not have even realized.
Dont leave dirty dishes or standing water in the sink. Roaches like dark cool places, but they also need sources for food and water.
Remove your trash and dont store your outside trash can up by your home. Keep it further away so that bugs drawn to it are not trying to enter your residence.
Spray outside perimeter of your home, entry ways, windows, and other places that the roaches could be entering with a bug barrier spray. You have many different options of sprays available to you, just find one that is known for working.
Keep out bait gel or boric acid to continue to knock off any roaches that do seem to make it into your home. Remember though boric acid needs to be very lightly placed.
Now you know the different things to help you treat and prevent cockroaches in your home now, and going forward.
Remember that the ultimate method for treating roaches is going to come down to preference, as well as how confident you want to be in knowing that the infestation is taken care of quickly and efficiently.
When it comes to what kills roaches instantly remember that the spray works well. However, you also dont want to forget that it can have some negative health effects so it should be always be used cautiously and carefully.
What Kills Cockroaches Instantly: 4 Things to Kill …
- How Much Does Cockroach Extermination Cost? | Angie's List - May 21st, 2019
- Cockroach control - Western Exterminator - May 21st, 2019
- Pest Control Columbia SC | Cayce Exterminating Company - May 20th, 2019
- Cockroach Pest Control & Extermination: Arrow Exterminators - May 4th, 2019
- How to Get Rid of Roaches without an Exterminator - April 19th, 2019
- Exterminator sprayed for roaches, how long till they die ... - April 1st, 2019
- When to call an exterminator for cockroaches? (Detailed ... - February 27th, 2019
- Exterminator Ossining NY & Westchester County Pest Control ... - February 26th, 2019
- Cockroach Control - Get Rid of Roaches - February 20th, 2019
- How to Get Rid of German Roaches Without an Exterminator - February 20th, 2019
- How To Get Rid Of Roaches Without An Exterminator 7 Home ... - February 4th, 2019
- Bed Bug Treatment Tips from a Professional Exterminator - February 2nd, 2019
- Phoenix AZ Exterminator, Pest Control & Termite Inspector - February 1st, 2019
- Roach Exterminator NJ | Pest Control New Jersey - December 12th, 2018
- 2018 Average Cockroach Extermination Costs: How Much Does ... - November 21st, 2018
- Cost to Hire a Roach Exterminator - Estimates and Prices ... - November 15th, 2018
- Exterminator How to Get Rid of Roaches - October 2nd, 2018
- Cockroaches Control Without Exterminator - pestwiki.com - September 5th, 2018
- Cockroaches - Roach Killer, Roach Control & Extermination ... - May 26th, 2018
- My Pest Control Aurora CO - Bed Bug Exterminator Denver CO - February 14th, 2018
- How Much Does Cockroach Extermination Cost? - Networx - February 4th, 2018
- Roaches | Pest Control Company in Tampa - February 1st, 2018
- Cockroach Control - Get Rid of Roaches - Orkin.com - January 21st, 2018
- How To Get Rid of Roaches | Kill Roaches - October 17th, 2017
- Baby Roaches (Pictures): 9 Simple Ways to Get Rid of It ... - September 25th, 2017
- How to get rid of roaches - Fast and Forever ... - Stop Pest! - September 20th, 2017
- Roaches, dead and alive, shut down 4 Miami area restaurants and get 14 others cited - Miami Herald - August 28th, 2017
- Hotel promised to rehabilitate residents. Instead, they faced bedbugs, drugs, vermin. - Charlotte Observer - August 25th, 2017
- Roaches cause temporary mail suspension - WGRZ-TV - August 19th, 2017
- Readers' Vent: Aug. 17, 2017 - Charleston Gazette-Mail (subscription) - August 18th, 2017
- The difference between fearing, hating bugs - Maryville Daily Forum - August 9th, 2017
- News Center 7 investigation uncovers history of insects at Dayton restaurant - Dayton Daily News - August 5th, 2017
- Here are some pest tips - Valencia County News Bulletin - August 4th, 2017
- Jaxon Social to remain closed after more live roaches found - ActionNewsJax.com - July 31st, 2017
- Residents Question Conditions in Apartments Across Hartford | NBC ... - NBC Connecticut - July 12th, 2017
- Roaches, rodent droppings close area restaurants - Fox29 WFLX TV, West Palm Beach, FL-news & weather - wflx - July 3rd, 2017
- Every surface I look at I see bugs: Man's BMW infested with cockroaches after parking at airport - fox6now.com - July 2nd, 2017
- Falmouth restaurant ordered shut down because of cockroach infestation - Cape Cod Times (subscription) - June 29th, 2017
- Roaches crash 40-year high school class reunion in DC - W*USA 9 - June 29th, 2017
- Man Shocked To Find Cockroach Infestation In His BMW - WLWT Cincinnati - June 29th, 2017
- Area Chinese and Mexican restaurants among 30+ in Florida forced to close after health inspections - WPTV.com - June 28th, 2017
- Restaurant inspections June 26, 2017 - The Herald-Times (subscription) - June 26th, 2017
- Aurora Pest Control Pros Expand Their Service Area - Digital Journal - June 21st, 2017
- Live roach found again at Cobb eatery still passes health check - Atlanta Journal Constitution - June 15th, 2017
- HUD officials: Essex Village improvements underway - Richmond Free Press - June 9th, 2017
- Roach crawls out during interview with owner who denies insects ... - Digital Journal - June 6th, 2017
- 2 Stocks and 1 Sector We're Watching in the Second Quarter ... - Madison.com - June 6th, 2017
- In nature, cockroaches don't die belly up | TODAYonline - TODAYonline - May 30th, 2017
- PEST CONTROL KINGS IN PHILADELPHIA - Press Release ... - Digital Journal - May 26th, 2017
- Cost Effective Pest Control Program for Homes in Seattle Launched - MENAFN.COM - May 23rd, 2017
- Veteran covered in scabs, says apartment overrun with mites but property managers won't help - FOX31 Denver - May 23rd, 2017
- What's next? Having cleared out 886 abandoned houses, South Bend must decide what to do with hundreds of vacant ... - Vincennes Sun Commercial - May 19th, 2017
- Signs that your home needs a Pest Control - Punjab News Express - May 18th, 2017
- The Cost to Seattle Commercial Businesses Attacked By Cockroaches. - MENAFN.COM - May 17th, 2017
- Having cleared out abandoned homes, South Bend must decide what's next - South Bend Tribune - May 15th, 2017
- NEW: Palm Beach Skate Zone cafe, Delray bagel shop cited for roaches - MyPalmBeachPost - May 10th, 2017
- DC Sues a Florida-Based Landlord for Neglecting a Columbia Heights Building - Washington City Paper - May 4th, 2017
- ROACHES - Bengal - May 1st, 2017
- Local renters allege wrongdoing, harassment - Manchestertimes - April 30th, 2017
- The Best Roach Killer In 2017 How To Kill Roaches In ... - April 27th, 2017
- FAGERLUND: Need help to stop 'bugging'? - Rio Rancho Observer - April 23rd, 2017
- Four Seasons, two other restaurants cited for live roaches - Palm Beach Daily News - April 21st, 2017
- Here's why your PS4 is a good roach motel - GameZone - April 19th, 2017
- Inspectors cite Four Seasons, Burger King, Lola's Seafood for roaches - Palm Beach Post (blog) - April 19th, 2017
- Four Seasons, Burger King, Lola's cited for live roaches - Palm Beach Post - April 18th, 2017
- 3 Ways to Kill German Roaches - wikiHow - April 12th, 2017
- 2 Bay County restaurants closed because of roach activity - Walton Sun - April 7th, 2017
- UVA residents complain about pest, mold problems, despite recent renovations - University Press - March 31st, 2017
- Keep the critters out: How to bug-proof your home - Shreveport Times - Shreveport Times - March 31st, 2017
- Seattle Pest control explains their extermination costs to commercial ... - Digital Journal - March 30th, 2017
- Lakeland Pest Control & Exterminator | (863) 279-0272 - March 29th, 2017
- Accidental therapists: For insect detectives, the trickiest cases involve the bugs that aren't really there - STAT - March 22nd, 2017
- 7 Things Every Homeowner Should Do Once a Year - Huffington Post - March 22nd, 2017
- Dead Roach Found In Food At Jerk Restaurant Horrifies Diner - DNAinfo - March 21st, 2017
- 'Superstore' Express Lane: The 6 Best Jokes in Season 2, Episode 16 - Hidden Remote - March 16th, 2017
- Cliques Bar and Grill Update- What Happened After Bar Rescue - Gazette Review - March 8th, 2017
- Improve Your Home With Pest Control and Exterminator in Oklahoma City and Edmond OK - Satellite PR News (press release) - March 7th, 2017
- Elderly displaced after severe roach, bedbug infestation - KENS5.com - March 6th, 2017
- Woman charged after cat feces, dead rodents, emaciated cat found ... - FOX 29 - March 6th, 2017
- How to Keep Pests Out of Your Self-Storage Facility - Inside Self-Storage (blog) - March 3rd, 2017