Get Rid of Roaches Today
Its everyones worst nightmare: walking into the kitchen for a midnight snack and finding a giant palmetto bug on the counter. A roach infestation starts in the dark, warm areas of your home. By the time you see one, theyre probably well established.
In addition to seeing them, there are a few other telltale signs of a roach infestation. One sign is the discovery of roach feces. Roach droppings are small darkly colored specs, typically found under counters, in drawers, near sinks, and in any dark and undisturbed area of your home. Another sign of cockroaches is the egg case. In their lifetime, a female cockroach will lay multiple egg capsules, also called oothecas, which can contain between 16 and 40 eggs each, depending on the species. Once the new cockroaches hatch, you may start to see the lightly colored cases on floors under cabinet edges, in pantries, or under sinks. If they werent disgusting enough as is, they also have an odor. Many species of roaches have a musty odor and if an infestation gets large enough, you may start to notice it.
Aside from startling you, cockroaches can carry disease, and, in large numbers, they have been known to trigger asthma and allergy attacks in people, especially children. Proper identification is key, as different species require different treatments. At Apex, we know roaches, and we have treatment plans that will rid your home of these unnerving pests. During our first visit, we will search your home, such as the bathrooms, kitchen corners, and even crawl spaces, that all will be carefully treated. Once the interior of your home is secure, we then move outside, removing all pest habitats, ensuring long-term protection.
After the initial visit, you can set up a convenient treatment plan to fit your needs. We provide monthly, every-other-month, or quarterly treatment plans. These visits are to ensure that your homes defenses are still pest-proof and cockroach resistant. At Apex, were conscious of your schedule, and we strive to make the pest removal process as easy and convenient as possible for you. We understand that taking time off work can be inconvenient, so we do not require you to attend the preventative pest visits.
Contact Apex at the first sight of cockroaches; we have the most innovative techniques and technology in terms of pest removal, in order to better protect the health and safety of your family.
The German Cockroach(Blattella germanica)
These common cockroaches have gone international and can be found all over the world, including that warm, humid space under your bathroom sink. The adults are light brown in color with two distinct black, horizontal stripes just behind the head. They also have a set of wings that they rarely use, preferring instead to run from danger. The younger nymphs are smaller and darker in color but still carry the two distinct black stripes behind the head.
German cockroaches are happiest indoors. They tend to stay in areas that remain warm, moist, and humid, like kitchen sinks and bathrooms. Both of these environments provide the water that these bugs crave and the food sources that they need. In heavy infestations, they will even live inside your television, stereo, and behind that wedding picture hanging on the wall. These scavengers arent picky as theyre happy for even the tiniest crumb you might miss when cleaning but even that isnt necessary because toothpaste bits and soap also make a fine meal for these foraging roaches.
With high reproduction rates and no natural predators indoors (aside from your foot stomping on them), an infestation can get out of control quickly. If you start seeing small, dark spots, similar to bits of pepper on your floors, counter tops, or in the sink, its time to call in the experts. At Apex, weve got expertise and resources that pack more stomp than any boot out there. Contact Apex for your free same-day inspection.
The American Cockroach a.k.a Palmetto Bug(Periplaneta Americana)
These roaches are hard to miss. Averaging two inches in length, the American cockroach is a big bug. When disturbed, these bugs will run quickly to a dark hiding area or, if desperate, they may even take flight. If this happens, youve probably gone running from the room frantically checking your hair to make sure it didnt land in there; even the bravest of souls do this. Perhaps before you bolted from the room, you noticed that the adults are a reddish brown color with a yellow band just behind their head. This quick identification will help your Apex technician start to formulate an attack plan against palmetto bug invaders.
These cockroaches prefer to live outside in warm, damp places like flower beds, under porches, and beneath mulch. From time to time, theyll make their way indoors through open windows, garage doors, or cracks in weather stripping in search of food and water. Theyre happiest in your kitchen or bathroom where there is a regular supply of water and food crumbs that they can scavenge.
If you havent seen a cockroach, but are starting to notice droppings in dark areas around your kitchen, bathroom, or laundry room, then it may be time to call in the professionals for quick inspection. Your Apex technician will investigate and come up with a custom treatment plan so you dont have to wall up the room of the house where that bug is lurking.
The Australian Cockroach a.k.a. Brown-Banded, Brown or Woods Cockroach(Supella longipalpa)
The Australian cockroach is often mistaken for the German cockroach due to their similar size and tan coloring with bands or striping. The brown-banded cockroachs bands are located on their wings, and they do not have the distinct black stripes behind their head like the German cockroaches do.
Australian cockroaches usually hangout in different areas than the German cockroach, preferring warm to hot temperatures and less humidity than their similar cousins. Youll likely find them scurrying around attic ceilings, kitchen cabinets, light fixtures, or near appliance motors and exhaust fans where its quite warm.
Like many other cockroaches, the Australian cockroach is a scavenger, happy to eat any bits of food they can find, but their real love is starchy adhesives. Book bindings are a favorite for these guys, so if youre noticing small, dark droppings not much larger than a speck of dirt near your favorite novel, it may be time to take action.
These excellent hiders need a pest management plan that has been specially designed just for them. At Apex, well track them down and take them out before you and your favorite books become unbound. Apex Pest Controls team of expert technicians will design a personalized plan to fit your unique Australian Cockroach situation. Contact Apex for your free, same-day inspection. We offer pest control, termite control and lawn care in the following service areas: Brevard, Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville, Miami-Dade/Broward County, and Palm Beach County.
Continue reading here:
Roaches | Pest Control Company in Tampa
- Cockroaches - Roach Killer, Roach Control & Extermination ... - May 26th, 2018
- My Pest Control Aurora CO - Bed Bug Exterminator Denver CO - February 14th, 2018
- How Much Does Cockroach Extermination Cost? - Networx - February 4th, 2018
- Cockroach Control - Get Rid of Roaches - Orkin.com - January 21st, 2018
- How To Get Rid of Roaches | Kill Roaches - October 17th, 2017
- Baby Roaches (Pictures): 9 Simple Ways to Get Rid of It ... - September 25th, 2017
- How to get rid of roaches - Fast and Forever ... - Stop Pest! - September 20th, 2017
- Roaches, dead and alive, shut down 4 Miami area restaurants and get 14 others cited - Miami Herald - August 28th, 2017
- Hotel promised to rehabilitate residents. Instead, they faced bedbugs, drugs, vermin. - Charlotte Observer - August 25th, 2017
- Roaches cause temporary mail suspension - WGRZ-TV - August 19th, 2017
- Readers' Vent: Aug. 17, 2017 - Charleston Gazette-Mail (subscription) - August 18th, 2017
- The difference between fearing, hating bugs - Maryville Daily Forum - August 9th, 2017
- News Center 7 investigation uncovers history of insects at Dayton restaurant - Dayton Daily News - August 5th, 2017
- Here are some pest tips - Valencia County News Bulletin - August 4th, 2017
- Jaxon Social to remain closed after more live roaches found - ActionNewsJax.com - July 31st, 2017
- Residents Question Conditions in Apartments Across Hartford | NBC ... - NBC Connecticut - July 12th, 2017
- Roaches, rodent droppings close area restaurants - Fox29 WFLX TV, West Palm Beach, FL-news & weather - wflx - July 3rd, 2017
- Every surface I look at I see bugs: Man's BMW infested with cockroaches after parking at airport - fox6now.com - July 2nd, 2017
- Falmouth restaurant ordered shut down because of cockroach infestation - Cape Cod Times (subscription) - June 29th, 2017
- Roaches crash 40-year high school class reunion in DC - W*USA 9 - June 29th, 2017
- Man Shocked To Find Cockroach Infestation In His BMW - WLWT Cincinnati - June 29th, 2017
- Area Chinese and Mexican restaurants among 30+ in Florida forced to close after health inspections - WPTV.com - June 28th, 2017
- Restaurant inspections June 26, 2017 - The Herald-Times (subscription) - June 26th, 2017
- Aurora Pest Control Pros Expand Their Service Area - Digital Journal - June 21st, 2017
- Live roach found again at Cobb eatery still passes health check - Atlanta Journal Constitution - June 15th, 2017
- HUD officials: Essex Village improvements underway - Richmond Free Press - June 9th, 2017
- Roach crawls out during interview with owner who denies insects ... - Digital Journal - June 6th, 2017
- 2 Stocks and 1 Sector We're Watching in the Second Quarter ... - Madison.com - June 6th, 2017
- In nature, cockroaches don't die belly up | TODAYonline - TODAYonline - May 30th, 2017
- PEST CONTROL KINGS IN PHILADELPHIA - Press Release ... - Digital Journal - May 26th, 2017
- Cost Effective Pest Control Program for Homes in Seattle Launched - MENAFN.COM - May 23rd, 2017
- Veteran covered in scabs, says apartment overrun with mites but property managers won't help - FOX31 Denver - May 23rd, 2017
- What's next? Having cleared out 886 abandoned houses, South Bend must decide what to do with hundreds of vacant ... - Vincennes Sun Commercial - May 19th, 2017
- Signs that your home needs a Pest Control - Punjab News Express - May 18th, 2017
- The Cost to Seattle Commercial Businesses Attacked By Cockroaches. - MENAFN.COM - May 17th, 2017
- Having cleared out abandoned homes, South Bend must decide what's next - South Bend Tribune - May 15th, 2017
- NEW: Palm Beach Skate Zone cafe, Delray bagel shop cited for roaches - MyPalmBeachPost - May 10th, 2017
- DC Sues a Florida-Based Landlord for Neglecting a Columbia Heights Building - Washington City Paper - May 4th, 2017
- ROACHES - Bengal - May 1st, 2017
- Local renters allege wrongdoing, harassment - Manchestertimes - April 30th, 2017
- The Best Roach Killer In 2017 How To Kill Roaches In ... - April 27th, 2017
- FAGERLUND: Need help to stop 'bugging'? - Rio Rancho Observer - April 23rd, 2017
- Four Seasons, two other restaurants cited for live roaches - Palm Beach Daily News - April 21st, 2017
- Here's why your PS4 is a good roach motel - GameZone - April 19th, 2017
- Inspectors cite Four Seasons, Burger King, Lola's Seafood for roaches - Palm Beach Post (blog) - April 19th, 2017
- Four Seasons, Burger King, Lola's cited for live roaches - Palm Beach Post - April 18th, 2017
- 3 Ways to Kill German Roaches - wikiHow - April 12th, 2017
- 2 Bay County restaurants closed because of roach activity - Walton Sun - April 7th, 2017
- UVA residents complain about pest, mold problems, despite recent renovations - University Press - March 31st, 2017
- Keep the critters out: How to bug-proof your home - Shreveport Times - Shreveport Times - March 31st, 2017
- Seattle Pest control explains their extermination costs to commercial ... - Digital Journal - March 30th, 2017
- Lakeland Pest Control & Exterminator | (863) 279-0272 - March 29th, 2017
- Accidental therapists: For insect detectives, the trickiest cases involve the bugs that aren't really there - STAT - March 22nd, 2017
- 7 Things Every Homeowner Should Do Once a Year - Huffington Post - March 22nd, 2017
- Dead Roach Found In Food At Jerk Restaurant Horrifies Diner - DNAinfo - March 21st, 2017
- 'Superstore' Express Lane: The 6 Best Jokes in Season 2, Episode 16 - Hidden Remote - March 16th, 2017
- Cliques Bar and Grill Update- What Happened After Bar Rescue - Gazette Review - March 8th, 2017
- Improve Your Home With Pest Control and Exterminator in Oklahoma City and Edmond OK - Satellite PR News (press release) - March 7th, 2017
- Elderly displaced after severe roach, bedbug infestation - KENS5.com - March 6th, 2017
- Woman charged after cat feces, dead rodents, emaciated cat found ... - FOX 29 - March 6th, 2017
- How to Keep Pests Out of Your Self-Storage Facility - Inside Self-Storage (blog) - March 3rd, 2017
- Elderly displaced after severe roach, bedbug infestation | khou.com - KHOU.com - March 3rd, 2017
- Seven home repairs you can't ignore - Watertown Public Opinion - March 3rd, 2017
- Headhunters Update What Happened After Bar Rescue - Gazette Review - February 22nd, 2017
- Health Authorities discuss safety measures on keeping roaches out ... - Satellite PR News (press release) - February 17th, 2017
- Manager: No more failed inspections at Gladys Knight's Chicken and Waffles - WSB Atlanta - February 15th, 2017
- Franklin County - Chambersburg Public Opinion - February 14th, 2017
- Tenant featured in landlord story faces eviction order - Austin American-Statesman - February 13th, 2017
- Shield Pest Control | Florida Pest Control & Exterminator - February 12th, 2017
- Action 9: Ocala woman claims dealer sold her roach-infested car - WFTV Orlando - February 7th, 2017
- Pest Control Marylands Best Price Exterminator Ants ... - November 23rd, 2016
- What Causes Roaches in the House? - HealthClover - November 21st, 2016
- Exterminator Marshall TX | Gecko Pest Control - November 16th, 2016
- Has The Show Billy The Exterminator Been ... - Pest Cemetery - November 14th, 2016
- Exterminator & Pest Control Sacramento CA| Aantex Pest ... - August 31st, 2016
- Cockroach Infestation in Your Apartment: How to ... - August 20th, 2016
- how to get rid of roaches without an exterminator - Pests Off - October 23rd, 2015
- 7 Tips on How to get rid of Roaches without an exterminator - October 23rd, 2015
- How to Get Rid of Roaches, Rats And Other Pests | eHow - October 8th, 2015
- Ways to Get Rid of Roaches - HowStuffWorks - September 29th, 2015