Cockroach control can be tricky because there are two main types of roaches (American and German), and they are eliminated using different techniques. If you need help identifying the type of cockroach, call us at 1-800-476-3368, and we can explain the treatment options.
The smaller roaches are the German roach and the Brown Banded roach. The German roach is the most common of the smaller roaches and the most difficult to control. German roaches are a health hazard because they carry bacteria that is transmitted to humans. The main diseases are gastroenteritis including food poisoning, dysentery, and diarrhea.
The most common larger roaches found in the United States are the American, Australian, Smoky Brown, Oriental Roaches and Woods Roaches. The most common of the larger sized roach is the American roach. All the treatment options for the larger roaches are similar.
An important identifying distinction is that the common German cockroach breeds inside and contaminates its living environment while most larger cockroaches do not breed inside. The most common larger roaches breed outside and are more of a nuisance than a danger. These larger sized roaches are not known to spread disease. Treatment options are different based on the type of cockroach. German roaches are primarily treated using roach baits and insect growth regulators. Other types of roaches are treated using insecticide concentrates.
On the left and right, you will see links that will describe the most common cockroaches in the United States and information for recommended cockroach control. You can also refer to this Roach Treatment Chart, for a quick glance.
Certain roaches gain resistance over time to pesticides so it is important to stay current with the best treatment options available on the market.
Contact us if you need a recommendation.
Invict Gold Cockroach Bait Gel-InVict Gold Cockroach Gel is formulated for rapid control of roaches. The bait matrix in Invict Roach Bait contains 11 food attractants to combat bait aversion and maximize roach control.
Invict Roach-Tekko Pro Bait Kit
This kit combines the Invict Roach bait with Tekko Pro IGR for the best combination for German Roach Control. Killing the adult population and preventing new births.
Vendetta Roach Bait Cockroach Bait Gel has both proven to be extremely effective on German Roaches. Vendetta roach bait quickly and effectively kills hard-to-kill cockroaches. Vendetta roach bait, with Abamectin B1 0.05%, attracts both bait-averse and non-averse cockroaches.
Vendetta Roach Bait-Tekko Pro IGR Kit
This kit combines the Vendetta Roach bait with Tekko Pro IGR for the best combination for German Roach Control. Killing the adult population and preventing new births.
Both Vendetta Roach Bait and Invict Gold Roach Bait are proven effective on German roaches and are comparable in prices. The Tekko IGR Pro is an excellent product to prevent roaches from becoming adults (insect growth regulator). In fact , Tekko Pro IGR is superior to other insect growth regulators due to its combination of active ingredients. We highly recommend the use of Tekko Pro IGR as an addition to the roach bait gels.
Vendetta Roach Bait and Invict Roach Bait both have great bait acceptance and are superior to other professional roach baits on the market and have seen fast results. Place these roach baits in their harborage areas. Typical areas include, behind kitchen cabinets, counter tops, under stoves, around pipes and cracks and crevices.
Roach Bait Placements: For more information on bait placement, click here.
LambdaStar Ultracap 9.7 (Broad label, long lasting and odorless). It may be used inside or outside and will dry invisibly. LambdaStar Ultracap will last longer outside and adhere to the surface better due to its encapsulated technology. It will yield 20-40 gallons
Spray outside around doors, windows, pipe openings, and dryer vents. Apply also on the inside on the baseboards near the entry points. On the inside, apply around the plumbing under the sinks and washer and dryer connections. You don’t have to spray all the interior baseboards, just the corners and baseboards inside the garage and basement areas.
Intice 10Perimeter Bait
Intice 10 Perimeter Bait not only works well around the perimeter, but would also be excellent choices for crawl spaces and or attics.
Intice 10 Perimeter Bait has 10% boric acid combined with a proprietary bait matrix of both carboyhdrate and protein oils for wide acceptance by roaches.It also will kill crickets, earwigs, sowbugs, and more insects.
This bait is a NOP compliant insecticide and is considered a green solution.
Originally posted here:
How To Get Rid of Roaches | Kill Roaches
- Cockroach Control - Get Rid of Roaches - February 20th, 2019
- How to Get Rid of German Roaches Without an Exterminator - February 20th, 2019
- How To Get Rid Of Roaches Without An Exterminator 7 Home ... - February 4th, 2019
- Bed Bug Treatment Tips from a Professional Exterminator - February 2nd, 2019
- Phoenix AZ Exterminator, Pest Control & Termite Inspector - February 1st, 2019
- What Kills Cockroaches Instantly: 4 Things to Kill ... - January 25th, 2019
- Roach Exterminator NJ | Pest Control New Jersey - December 12th, 2018
- 2018 Average Cockroach Extermination Costs: How Much Does ... - November 21st, 2018
- Cost to Hire a Roach Exterminator - Estimates and Prices ... - November 15th, 2018
- Exterminator How to Get Rid of Roaches - October 2nd, 2018
- Cockroaches Control Without Exterminator - pestwiki.com - September 5th, 2018
- Cockroaches - Roach Killer, Roach Control & Extermination ... - May 26th, 2018
- My Pest Control Aurora CO - Bed Bug Exterminator Denver CO - February 14th, 2018
- How Much Does Cockroach Extermination Cost? - Networx - February 4th, 2018
- Roaches | Pest Control Company in Tampa - February 1st, 2018
- Cockroach Control - Get Rid of Roaches - Orkin.com - January 21st, 2018
- Baby Roaches (Pictures): 9 Simple Ways to Get Rid of It ... - September 25th, 2017
- How to get rid of roaches - Fast and Forever ... - Stop Pest! - September 20th, 2017
- Roaches, dead and alive, shut down 4 Miami area restaurants and get 14 others cited - Miami Herald - August 28th, 2017
- Hotel promised to rehabilitate residents. Instead, they faced bedbugs, drugs, vermin. - Charlotte Observer - August 25th, 2017
- Roaches cause temporary mail suspension - WGRZ-TV - August 19th, 2017
- Readers' Vent: Aug. 17, 2017 - Charleston Gazette-Mail (subscription) - August 18th, 2017
- The difference between fearing, hating bugs - Maryville Daily Forum - August 9th, 2017
- News Center 7 investigation uncovers history of insects at Dayton restaurant - Dayton Daily News - August 5th, 2017
- Here are some pest tips - Valencia County News Bulletin - August 4th, 2017
- Jaxon Social to remain closed after more live roaches found - ActionNewsJax.com - July 31st, 2017
- Residents Question Conditions in Apartments Across Hartford | NBC ... - NBC Connecticut - July 12th, 2017
- Roaches, rodent droppings close area restaurants - Fox29 WFLX TV, West Palm Beach, FL-news & weather - wflx - July 3rd, 2017
- Every surface I look at I see bugs: Man's BMW infested with cockroaches after parking at airport - fox6now.com - July 2nd, 2017
- Falmouth restaurant ordered shut down because of cockroach infestation - Cape Cod Times (subscription) - June 29th, 2017
- Roaches crash 40-year high school class reunion in DC - W*USA 9 - June 29th, 2017
- Man Shocked To Find Cockroach Infestation In His BMW - WLWT Cincinnati - June 29th, 2017
- Area Chinese and Mexican restaurants among 30+ in Florida forced to close after health inspections - WPTV.com - June 28th, 2017
- Restaurant inspections June 26, 2017 - The Herald-Times (subscription) - June 26th, 2017
- Aurora Pest Control Pros Expand Their Service Area - Digital Journal - June 21st, 2017
- Live roach found again at Cobb eatery still passes health check - Atlanta Journal Constitution - June 15th, 2017
- HUD officials: Essex Village improvements underway - Richmond Free Press - June 9th, 2017
- Roach crawls out during interview with owner who denies insects ... - Digital Journal - June 6th, 2017
- 2 Stocks and 1 Sector We're Watching in the Second Quarter ... - Madison.com - June 6th, 2017
- In nature, cockroaches don't die belly up | TODAYonline - TODAYonline - May 30th, 2017
- PEST CONTROL KINGS IN PHILADELPHIA - Press Release ... - Digital Journal - May 26th, 2017
- Cost Effective Pest Control Program for Homes in Seattle Launched - MENAFN.COM - May 23rd, 2017
- Veteran covered in scabs, says apartment overrun with mites but property managers won't help - FOX31 Denver - May 23rd, 2017
- What's next? Having cleared out 886 abandoned houses, South Bend must decide what to do with hundreds of vacant ... - Vincennes Sun Commercial - May 19th, 2017
- Signs that your home needs a Pest Control - Punjab News Express - May 18th, 2017
- The Cost to Seattle Commercial Businesses Attacked By Cockroaches. - MENAFN.COM - May 17th, 2017
- Having cleared out abandoned homes, South Bend must decide what's next - South Bend Tribune - May 15th, 2017
- NEW: Palm Beach Skate Zone cafe, Delray bagel shop cited for roaches - MyPalmBeachPost - May 10th, 2017
- DC Sues a Florida-Based Landlord for Neglecting a Columbia Heights Building - Washington City Paper - May 4th, 2017
- ROACHES - Bengal - May 1st, 2017
- Local renters allege wrongdoing, harassment - Manchestertimes - April 30th, 2017
- The Best Roach Killer In 2017 How To Kill Roaches In ... - April 27th, 2017
- FAGERLUND: Need help to stop 'bugging'? - Rio Rancho Observer - April 23rd, 2017
- Four Seasons, two other restaurants cited for live roaches - Palm Beach Daily News - April 21st, 2017
- Here's why your PS4 is a good roach motel - GameZone - April 19th, 2017
- Inspectors cite Four Seasons, Burger King, Lola's Seafood for roaches - Palm Beach Post (blog) - April 19th, 2017
- Four Seasons, Burger King, Lola's cited for live roaches - Palm Beach Post - April 18th, 2017
- 3 Ways to Kill German Roaches - wikiHow - April 12th, 2017
- 2 Bay County restaurants closed because of roach activity - Walton Sun - April 7th, 2017
- UVA residents complain about pest, mold problems, despite recent renovations - University Press - March 31st, 2017
- Keep the critters out: How to bug-proof your home - Shreveport Times - Shreveport Times - March 31st, 2017
- Seattle Pest control explains their extermination costs to commercial ... - Digital Journal - March 30th, 2017
- Lakeland Pest Control & Exterminator | (863) 279-0272 - March 29th, 2017
- Accidental therapists: For insect detectives, the trickiest cases involve the bugs that aren't really there - STAT - March 22nd, 2017
- 7 Things Every Homeowner Should Do Once a Year - Huffington Post - March 22nd, 2017
- Dead Roach Found In Food At Jerk Restaurant Horrifies Diner - DNAinfo - March 21st, 2017
- 'Superstore' Express Lane: The 6 Best Jokes in Season 2, Episode 16 - Hidden Remote - March 16th, 2017
- Cliques Bar and Grill Update- What Happened After Bar Rescue - Gazette Review - March 8th, 2017
- Improve Your Home With Pest Control and Exterminator in Oklahoma City and Edmond OK - Satellite PR News (press release) - March 7th, 2017
- Elderly displaced after severe roach, bedbug infestation - KENS5.com - March 6th, 2017
- Woman charged after cat feces, dead rodents, emaciated cat found ... - FOX 29 - March 6th, 2017
- How to Keep Pests Out of Your Self-Storage Facility - Inside Self-Storage (blog) - March 3rd, 2017
- Elderly displaced after severe roach, bedbug infestation | khou.com - KHOU.com - March 3rd, 2017
- Seven home repairs you can't ignore - Watertown Public Opinion - March 3rd, 2017
- Headhunters Update What Happened After Bar Rescue - Gazette Review - February 22nd, 2017
- Health Authorities discuss safety measures on keeping roaches out ... - Satellite PR News (press release) - February 17th, 2017
- Manager: No more failed inspections at Gladys Knight's Chicken and Waffles - WSB Atlanta - February 15th, 2017
- Franklin County - Chambersburg Public Opinion - February 14th, 2017
- Tenant featured in landlord story faces eviction order - Austin American-Statesman - February 13th, 2017
- Shield Pest Control | Florida Pest Control & Exterminator - February 12th, 2017