On This Page:
If you see a mouse in your kitchen, you might chuckle at the classic scenario. However, mice, rats, and other rodents can carry health concerns such as rabies, hantavirus, or even bubonic plague. You also need to remove them for the sake of your house.
Raccoons in particular can wreak havoc in your attic just as rats and mice do inside your walls, furniture, and pantry. Some of these critters can be cute at a distance, but once theyre in your house you need to get them out for your own health, and sometimes even for theirs.
Rats and mice are the rodents most often found in houses. An exterminator will perform an initial examination to identify what pests are present, where the entry points are, and setting traps. This visit should cost anywhere between $90.00 and $250.00.
After this you should receive a written estimate for continued treatment. This should include sealing points of entry, traps, clean-up, and repairs or decontamination if possible. It should also include any recommended continued treatment. This costs between $200.00 and $2,000.00 depending on the size of the property and infestation.
Return to Top
Raccoons are usually removed, not exterminated. This is because they are considered wildlife and get special considerations even if theyre viewed as pests by the rest of us. If they are in your attic, you can expect to pay between $350.00 and $500.00. This involves removing the raccoons and their young and sealing the entries. The cost can vary depending on certain factors such as how many raccoons there are, what repairs are needed, how many visits are needed, what sort of clean-up, and your location.If the raccoons are outside, the cost is usually lower. Trapping outside is simpler and there usually isnt any structural damage to worry about or entry points to seal up.
Trapping raccoons involves the setting of traps at key points in your attic or around your property (such as near trash cans or wood piles). The traps cost from $80.00 to $110.00 depending on size. Sometimes larger traps can trap multiple animals in one night. If the raccoons are in your attic, hire a professional for sure. The steps involving removing any pups found, and some of them have their teeth. If the mother is around, you could be in for serious injury.
Some places try to sell sound, light, or scent deterrents for raccoons in your house, but none of them have good track records. Poisoning raccoons is unsafe and illegal, so save yourself the trouble and call a professional.Once the raccoons have been trapped, a professional service will relocate them to the wilderness. They should be relocated at least 10 miles away to prevent them following their own paths right back to your home. If your service has followed this rule but you keep having raccoon problems, chances are that you have a lot of raccoons invading your home!
Return to Top
Your cost will be affected by the number of pests to be dealt with. Clearly, more pests means more cost. Also, if you have multiple types of pests, different techniques will need to be employed to exterminate and/or trap and remove them. Denying the pests points of entry can involve more than sealing holes. Trees may need to be pruned, crawlspaces may need screens, porch stairs may need sealing, even roof repairs might be called for.
The location of the job will affect the cost. The further away you are, the more it costs the pest control company to get to you. Also, the more urban your setting, the farther they have to travel to release and protected wildlife.
The number of points of entry that need to be sealed will affect your cost. What those points of entry will also have an impact. A missing wire screen or board can simply be nailed up. But if a raccoon has ripped out your soffits to get to your attic, the soffit will have to be replaced and any other roofing components.
Clean-up and repairs can become quite costly. Raccoons can rip up your insulation, mice and rats can chew insulation from wires, and all of them can leave fecal waste and urine that can cause health issues. If they find their way into the rest of your house, you run the risk of being bitten. Raccoons and possums might look harmless, but they are also pretty fearless when confronted by human.
If you need multiple visits, the pest control company may offer you a plan based on monthly, bi-monthly, or even quarterly visits. Discuss any regular visits for the one that suits your schedule and your budget.
Return to Top
You can control mice and rats on your own if you are diligent and knowledgeable. Traps of all sorts are available, but not all traps are appropriate. Do not use poison or steel traps if you have pets. The steel traps can injure your pet, and if your pet eats a poisoned rat or mouse, they will also be poisoned and could die.
Return to Top
Pest control is as much about your home as your health. When you have a pest problem, dont hesitate to call a professional. This will help keep your family, pets, and home safe and pest free.
Return to Top
- How to Get Rid of Mice: The Ultimate Guide for Mice ... - October 31st, 2018
- Pest Force - Pest Control and Pest Exterminator Edmonton - June 15th, 2018
- mouse exterminators - Mice Riddance - April 1st, 2018
- Rodent Control, Mice Exterminator | Connors Pest Control - March 7th, 2018
- Everett, WA Exterminator, Pest Control & Termite Inspector - January 26th, 2018
- Knight Pest Control - Exterminator Bedbug Flea Cockroach ... - January 7th, 2018
- Elite Pest Control | Exterminator Minneapolis MN - December 8th, 2017
- Reliance Pest - Pest, Termite & Bedbug Exterminator ... - November 8th, 2017
- Mice & Rat Exterminator - F&W Pest Control - Massachusetts - October 20th, 2017
- Mouse Control Exterminator Services | Western Exterminator - October 18th, 2017
- Tarantula Scares Family in Second Sighting in Days Across San Diego - NBC Southern California - August 4th, 2017
- 22-year-old Contracted The Often Fatal Hantavirus At State Park - Simplemost - August 1st, 2017
- NEW: Rats and restaurants are an icky and dangerous combination - MyPalmBeachPost - July 7th, 2017
- Can you get rid of home pests with essential oils? - GoErie.com - June 25th, 2017
- Ask Angie's List: Can you get rid of home pests with essential oils? - Fredericksburg.com - June 24th, 2017
- Better Business Bureau: Start With Trust - Better Business Bureau - June 22nd, 2017
- Exterminator working to eliminate Wilmington mice during summer - New Castle News - June 22nd, 2017
- Oak Lawn Goes On Rat Patrol - Patch.com - June 21st, 2017
- At Home: Use essential oils to get rid of home pests - Topeka Capital Journal - June 17th, 2017
- After the flooding, Pierrefonds residents coping with unwanted rodent house guests - CBC.ca - June 14th, 2017
- Need to get rid of tobacco beetles? Here's how - Rochester Democrat and Chronicle - June 13th, 2017
- Essential Oils Can Repel Mice, Spiders - Valley News - June 11th, 2017
- Can you get rid of home pests with essential oils? | Life ... - South Bend Tribune - June 10th, 2017
- 'Dance Moms' former coach Abby Lee Miller faces more trouble - Blasting News - June 3rd, 2017
- Rodents take over Isa - The North West Star - May 25th, 2017
- Code enforcement complaints fines for Commercial Building Rat ... - Digital Journal - May 23rd, 2017
- Essay: A sticky situation - Martha's Vineyard Times - May 17th, 2017
- County Health Inspector to Visit Robert Hunter School; District Bars Reporter From Attending - TAPinto.net - May 16th, 2017
- Mouse Control - Orkin.com - May 15th, 2017
- Battling Mice at Robert Hunter School - TAPinto.net - May 12th, 2017
- PRIME TIME: Critters north country folk need not worry about - Bemidji Pioneer - May 12th, 2017
- Carpenter Ants Infiltrating Greater Seattle Area Homes and commercial business buildings - MENAFN.COM - May 10th, 2017
- Bigfoot Pest Control Services Area Expands To Chicago and Surroundings - Digital Journal - May 8th, 2017
- Spring Home and Garden: Technician offers advice on pest control - Pamplin Media Group - April 27th, 2017
- Rodent Control: Get Rid of Rats and Mice - Orkin - April 13th, 2017
- Seattle king county pest control companies reveal Abandoned buildings contribute to the rise in rats mice infestation - MENAFN.COM - April 6th, 2017
- Seattle king county pest control companies reveal Abandoned ... - MilTech - April 5th, 2017
- MPI changes rodent claim policy, expects to save millions - CTV News - March 23rd, 2017
- Dollar General closes after inspectors report live rodents, insects found in store - WLWT Cincinnati - March 21st, 2017
- Seattle Airport Hangar needs a Commercial Rat Pest Control ... - MilTech - March 19th, 2017
- Of mice and murder, and Ronald Reagan - Salon - March 19th, 2017
- Seattle Airport Hangar needs a Commercial Rat Pest Control. - MENAFN.COM - March 18th, 2017
- Seattle Airport Hangar needs a Commercial Rat Pest Control. - Digital Journal - March 17th, 2017
- Rodent infestations on rise across Preston - Lancashire Evening Post - March 16th, 2017
- Mouse - Wikipedia - March 7th, 2017
- Napa Wildlife Rescue, Gasser Foundation team up to use owls, not ... - Napa Valley Register - March 2nd, 2017
- Napa Wildlife Rescue, Gasser Foundation team up to use owls, not poison, to kill rats - Napa Valley Register - February 28th, 2017
- How to get rid of mice - Popular Science - February 24th, 2017
- Napa Wildlife Rescue, Gasser Foundation team up to help environment - Napa Valley Register - February 23rd, 2017
- Have as much information as possible if pet exposed to poison - Charleston Post Courier - February 19th, 2017
- Best PC controller | PCGamesN - PCGamesN - February 16th, 2017
- LETTER: Bin men's food waste collection technique is a shambles - Stroud News and Journal - February 14th, 2017
- Do Away With the Pests With Exterminator in Edmond - Press ... - Digital Journal - February 9th, 2017
- Do Away With the Pests With Exterminator in Edmond - Military Technologies - February 9th, 2017
- Restaurants in Downtown Seattle overrun by Rats, authorities ... - Satellite PR News (press release) - February 7th, 2017
- How to Get Rid of Mice, Mouse Control - Do-It-Yourself ... - January 27th, 2017
- Silver Spring Mice Exterminator - Mouse Rat Rodent ... - November 24th, 2016
- How Much Does it Cost to Get Rid of Mice - KompareIt - October 31st, 2016
- How Long Do Mice Live ? - Western Exterminator - September 22nd, 2016
- Easy Guide to Hire a Mouse Exterminator that gets Results - October 12th, 2015
- Billy the Exterminator Episode Guide - Season 1 - A&E - aetv - October 12th, 2015
- Mouse Removal in Massachusetts - Mouse Pest Control ... - September 30th, 2015
- Metro Pest Control - September 25th, 2015
- How to Get Rid Of Mice :: pest-control-products.net - August 28th, 2015
- How to Get Rid of Mice - Mouse Control - Mouse Traps - July 31st, 2015
- Prevention and control of house mice, Mus musculus - July 4th, 2015
- Mice - Pest Control Canada - July 4th, 2015
- House Mouse Prevention and Control - July 4th, 2015
- Mouse Poison & Mouse Bait - Do My Own Pest Control - July 4th, 2015
- Mouse Control Services | Rentokil - July 4th, 2015
- Rodent Control: Get Rid of Rats and Mice - Orkin.com - July 2nd, 2015
- How to Get Rid of Mice, Mouse Control - July 2nd, 2015
- Is Tomcat Mouse Poison Worth A Darn? - Pest Control - DIY ... - June 29th, 2015
- The Pest Advice: Where Do Rats and Mice Go to Die? - June 29th, 2015
- Mouse (computing) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - June 26th, 2015
- Do Rats and Mice Need Water With Their Bait? - Pest Advice - June 16th, 2015
- Pest (organism) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - June 15th, 2015
- Scientific control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - June 13th, 2015
- Pest control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - June 13th, 2015
- Mice Exterminators - How to Get Rid of Mice - June 2nd, 2015