An army of ants can easily ruin a nice picnic in the spring, but its much more frustrating when you catch them crawling around in the kitchen. Ants can infiltrate homes very easily through cracks in the wall or exposed wires. Once they find a way in, these pesky bugs search for sweets, meats, breads and other foods in your kitchen. They can contaminate your food and sneak around other areas of your home, such as sinks, showers and dishwashers.
There are many different species of ants that can infiltrate your home, and a licensed pest control expert is the most effective way to get rid of an ant invasion. Our ant exterminators can identify your specific ant problem and find the best way to control them.
Here are some of the common ant species to watch out for:
These reddish-black bugs love to nest outdoors and find a way into homes through damaged wood, cracks in the wall or holes in wires. This species of ant is particularly intrusive. They love to hunt for sweets like honey and jelly, and hang around damp areas of your home, such as dishwashers, sinks and showers.
Carpenter ants are a nuisance because they can cause severe property damage by tunneling through the structural wood of your home. Stay ahead with licensed ant control to avoid and eliminate this harmful species.
The top part of this ant (the head and thorax) is black, while the bottom part of their body (the gaster) is white. These nasty little guys like to nest outdoors in mulch, rocks and tree bark. But dont be surprised if you catch these ants crawling around in potted plants, breadboxes or cabinets.
If you start to notice ant trails and mounds outside, there is a very good possibility that ghost ants will invade your home, especially the kitchen. A roommate who drinks out of the milk carton is bad enough, but ghost ants take it a step up by digging into sugary goods while leaving excrements and molted skin along the way. But dont worry, a professional ant exterminator can take care of sending out eviction letters.
Odorous House Ants
These dark brown bugs infiltrate your home through exposed soil and will camp out in cracked walls or under the floors of your home. They have also been known to enter through heaters, bath drains or wood damaged by termites.
Although they dont cause structural damage or carry any kind of pathogen, these ants easily contaminate food. If youre wondering why they are called odorous, its because if they are crushed, they give off a rotten, coconut-like smell. Proactive ant control is paramount to protect your home from these smelly pests.
A small, light brown species that is notorious for invading the indoors, pharaoh ants forage through intricate trail routes guided by pheromones. They hide out in hard-to-reach places such as wall voids, under floors or behind baseboards. They also like to hang around kitchens and bathrooms near a damp water source.
Due to their small size, they can sneak around unnoticed on countertops and baseboards. They search for a variety of foods, including fats, sweets and even toothpaste. Their nests are hard to find, and they prefer to live behind the scenes in the dark. But the professionals at Arrow can handle any ant extermination issue even these evasive buggers.
Red Imported Fire Ant
Were sure youve had an unpleasant meeting with at least one of these reddish-brown ants. They build nest mounds around your property and easily gain entry to your home through holes and cracks. These bugs love arid climates in the Southeast and are one of the most aggressive species of ants.
The real concern for homeowners with fire ants is their painful bites, which typically cause itchy, white pustules within 24 hours. If you find a mound in your yard, call us for a thorough ant control solution.
The Arrow Solution
Ants can contaminate food, damage structures and even give you painful, itchy bites. Contact Arrow Exterminators for professional ant control. We will identify which species of ant has entered your home and implement one of our proven methods to eliminate your ant problem for good.
There are a few things you can do to help prevent ant mounds from developing in your yard: remove standing water around your property, trim tree branches touching your home and make sure firewood is not stored next to your property. And if ants have already taken up residence in your kitchen or bathrooms, we make ant control and elimination simple. Contact Arrow Exterminators today and let us take care of your pest problem.
- Ants | Pest Control Omaha - Exterminator | Omaha Pest ... - April 4th, 2019
- Black Ants: Bite, Types, Size | Western Exterminator - February 15th, 2019
- AAA Exterminating Co - Exterminator Termite Control - February 10th, 2019
- Pest Control for Greensboro Charlotte Raleigh and Central NC - January 25th, 2019
- Ant Control - Dealing with Ants | Western Exterminator - January 10th, 2019
- Ants and Ant Control - Eastside Exterminators - November 21st, 2018
- Carpenter Ants Exterminator in CT | EliminateEm - October 11th, 2018
- How to Get Rid of Flying Ants | Ehrlich Pest Control - September 17th, 2018
- Carpenter ants in Chicago best ant pest control exterminator - July 23rd, 2018
- Cost to Hire an Ant Exterminator - Estimates and Prices at ... - May 24th, 2018
- Exterminator in Connecticut - Bee Smart Pest Control - May 13th, 2018
- Carpenter Ant Control - Get Rid of Carpenter Ants - Orkin.com - May 11th, 2018
- Ant Exterminator in Buffalo, NY - Buffalo Exterminating - May 11th, 2018
- Ant Control & Ant Killer Products | DIY Ant Pest Control - April 5th, 2018
- Borax to Kill Ants | Ant Exterminator Blog - February 22nd, 2018
- Ant Control & Ant Killer Products | Do My Own - November 20th, 2017
- Pest Control Secaucus, NJ, | Exterminator Cost Secaucus ... - November 14th, 2017
- Exterminator Reveals Cheap Secret: Never see ants in your ... - September 26th, 2017
- Pest Control Products and Services Market Projected to Reflect 5.4% CAGR by 2026 - Digital Journal - September 7th, 2017
- It's Northwest spider season; what you can do around your home - KIRO Seattle - September 5th, 2017
- High Heat Sparks Ant Invasion CBS Los Angeles - CBS Los Angeles - September 1st, 2017
- Condo Smarts: Signs of pests call for quick action - The Province - September 1st, 2017
- Texas Floods Bring Floating Fire Ant Colonies - PCT Magazine - September 1st, 2017
- Friday, August 25, 2017 - LWW Journals (blog) - August 25th, 2017
- Column: Round the Town with Karen Wyant - Jackson County Times-Journal (blog) - August 14th, 2017
- Cynthia Drummond: Signs of transition from summer to fall - The Westerly Sun - August 14th, 2017
- Gardening column: Follow these tips to ensure healthy raspberry and blackberry bushes - News Sentinel - August 12th, 2017
- Invasion of the Sugar Ants - Longmont Observer - August 9th, 2017
- Bar Rescue Episode Transforms Bug-Infested Liquid Lounge Into The Tidal Bay Beach Bar - Long Beach Post - August 9th, 2017
- Limb Days and election application deadlines approaching - Hays Free Press - July 31st, 2017
- Fire Ant Fears Boost Japan Pesticide Maker to 30-Year High ... - Bloomberg - July 5th, 2017
- Experience has Produced a Leader In Omaha Miller Pest & Termite - Digital Journal (press release) - July 5th, 2017
- Marvel Takes Home 4 2017 Saturn Awards - Marvel (press release) (registration) (blog) - July 1st, 2017
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Debuts First Official Trailer - News | Marvel.com - Marvel (press release) (registration) (blog) - June 29th, 2017
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Unveils First Poster - Marvel (press release) (registration) (blog) - June 26th, 2017
- The Defenders Strike a Pose in New Poster - Marvel (press release) (registration) (blog) - June 25th, 2017
- The season for unwanted pests - 1011now - June 24th, 2017
- 'Marvel's Rocket & Groot' Eligible for Outstanding Short ... - Marvel.com - Marvel (press release) (registration) (blog) - June 22nd, 2017
- Vote 'Marvel's Agents of SHIELD' At The Teen Choice Awards 2017 - Marvel (press release) (registration) (blog) - June 21st, 2017
- Everyday cheapskate: Make your own safe and effective ant spray ... - Herald & Review - June 19th, 2017
- Make your own safe ant spray - Coos Bay World - June 17th, 2017
- The Avengers Must Reunite to Defeat the Kabal in - News | Marvel ... - Marvel (press release) (registration) (blog) - June 17th, 2017
- The Top Five Exterminators in Movies - TVOvermind - June 15th, 2017
- The Kitchn: Can lemon peels really keep ants away? - Orlando Sentinel - June 13th, 2017
- 10 things to keep in mind about fire ants - Island Packet - June 12th, 2017
- Large spider climbs into ND woman's home, turns out it's common for our area - Valley News Live - June 10th, 2017
- Bullet Ant - Ask The Exterminator - June 8th, 2017
- Ant-Man Shrinks Into Action With 3 New Animated Shorts - Marvel (press release) (registration) (blog) - June 8th, 2017
- Carpenter ants, bats besiege houses - Rochester Democrat and Chronicle - June 3rd, 2017
- How to safely enjoy summer outdoors - Foster's Daily Democrat - May 28th, 2017
- 5 Warning Signs That Your Home Has Been Invaded by Pests - RealtyBizNews - May 23rd, 2017
- Sugar Ants on Picnic Menu for Memorial Day a pest control warning - MENAFN.COM - May 21st, 2017
- Sun's out, bugs out: Pests we can expect as summer creeps closer - WKBN.com - May 19th, 2017
- Exterminators see boom in business thanks to weather - KAKE - May 19th, 2017
- Standing water could lead to bacteria and surge of mosquitoes - 13WHAM-TV - May 18th, 2017
- Pest Control Services Market is Expected to Cross US$ 22 Billion Globally by 2026 - Finance Wire - May 17th, 2017
- Bigger Is Better: 15 LARGEST Marvel Comics Characters - CBR (blog) - May 16th, 2017
- Mother's Day: A Tribute to My Mom as She Dodged Four Hurricanes - Dan's Papers - May 15th, 2017
- Review: The Hugo Boss Prize 2016: Anicka Yi, Life Is Cheap - Time Out New York (blog) - May 6th, 2017
- Anicka Yi's Art Is an Enigma Wrapped in an Ant Farm - artnet News - May 3rd, 2017
- The Bugs Of The World Could Squish Us All - FiveThirtyEight - May 3rd, 2017
- Trump Thought Being President Would Be 'Easier' Than His Old Life - Scary Mommy - April 29th, 2017
- Spring fever - Newton Daily News - April 28th, 2017
- Greater Seattle Area has Marching Armies of Little Black and big ... - MENAFN.COM - April 27th, 2017
- Pest control services market is expected to exceed US$ 22 Billion by 2026: Market Research Engine - Finance Wire - April 18th, 2017
- Warm winter will bring crazy summer - crazy ants, that is - Beaumont Enterprise - April 10th, 2017
- Seattle Has Big Black Ants Attacking Homes commercial buildings like bull doozers - MENAFN.COM - April 8th, 2017
- How to say goodbye to wet-weather bug infestations in the home ... - Stuff.co.nz - April 7th, 2017
- What to do about flying ants in your home - thespruce.com - April 3rd, 2017
- April Maintenance Tips for Your Palestine, TX House - Palestine Herald Press - April 3rd, 2017
- Oakland CA Pest Control Cockroaches Rodent Exterminator Site Launched - MilTech - March 31st, 2017
- Romex Pest & Termite Control in McKinney Opens - Digital Journal - March 30th, 2017
- Spring can mean pest home invasion | News | edmondsun.com - Edmond Sun - March 30th, 2017
- How to head off a household disaster - The Boston Globe - March 25th, 2017
- Unwelcome lunchroom guests: Regina General Hospital deals with ant infestation - CBC.ca - March 24th, 2017
- Black ants only get in Seattle King county homes or commercial ... - MilTech - March 24th, 2017
- Black Ants invade a Seattle commercial building home with a vengeance - MENAFN.COM - March 12th, 2017
- Winter didn't come to Tampa Bay, so now the termites and ants will ... - TBO.com - March 11th, 2017
- Keep the Bugs at Bay This Spring with Paffy's Pest Control - Press ... - Digital Journal - March 8th, 2017
- Black Ants invade a Seattle commercial building home with a ... - Digital Journal - March 8th, 2017